Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CO2 Sensor Question.

+7
owned
barry_mcki
reddog
Classypete
kewwig
madmax
Hammy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CO2 Sensor Question. - Page 2 Empty CO2 Sensor Question.

Post  Hammy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:22 am

First topic message reminder :

I have a new set of Delkevic headers on the way from the States. I'm assuming that they will not have a thread to attach the CO2 sensor to them. I do not have a Power Commander and was thinking, should I drill a hole and weld a nut onto the Delkevics to accomodate the sensor. Would this work, or has someone come up with a different solution when installing aftermarket headers.

Shuold I install one of these ? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NITRO-X-O2-OXYGEN-LAMBDA-SENSOR-ELIMINATOR-FOR-GSX-1250-FA-GSF-1250-650-BANDIT-/370562581991?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item56474045e7
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

CO2 Sensor Question. - Page 2 Empty Re: CO2 Sensor Question.

Post  barry_mcki Sat 02 Feb 2013, 2:46 pm

I think if you put it on the dyno you will see straight away what your A/F ratio is across the band, I think this will go a long way to isolating your problem. Some problems hide themselves pretty good, I had an old Datsun that I thought had an electrical problem causing loss of power, ended up being a manufacturers casting fault in the intake manifold.

Although a dyno is expensive, it could pay for itself in not having to perform unnecessary changes. If you get a good mechanic and he has the time, chances are he'll diagonse the problem on the spot , rectify it and give you your final tune up all in the one session.

Good luck.

CO2 Sensor Question. - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

CO2 Sensor Question. - Page 2 Empty Update

Post  Joflewbyu2 Sun 24 Mar 2024, 12:12 pm

Very old thread but I will post information that may help another. Have secondary blades removed along with the secondary throttle blade rod, wide open intake lid, full BlackWidow exhaust (header and 360mm can) no (o2) sensor, SmartMoto TRE, and Dale Walker SuperTuner. Runs flawless and never hiccups nor skips a beat. Completely satisfied. Dale at Holeshot Performance is the Bandit Guru.

Joflewbyu2

Back to top Go down

CO2 Sensor Question. - Page 2 Empty Re: CO2 Sensor Question.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2