Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it

+17
Re-Cycled
holdenman
Hammy
Kaupy1962
sb1250
reddog
madmax
Baz
Ewok1958
potatomasher
paul
Chook
step_andy
Ross.
Kiwisteve
ThatOtherGuy
Bandit Gazza
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it Empty what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it

Post  Bandit Gazza Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:36 pm

I bought a new AGV K3 helmet to go with my knew 1250 , I wanted a new lid to go with my knew bike and they had a nice AGV K3 superseeded model marked down from $280 to $200 I tried it on and its a nice fit ( I did the headshake test lol) I liked the graphics so I grabbed it , now unlike my old AGV Airtech I am finding my knew lid to be very noisy , so noisy from the wind i wore earplugs this afternoon on the way home from work which I have never done before ,

So what Helmet do you use and are you happy with it ? anything you do or dont like about it let us know

Bandit Gazza

Back to top Go down

what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it Empty Re: what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it

Post  ThatOtherGuy Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:52 pm

Shoei TZX with whisperguard. Whisperguard addition thanks to a recommendation from a member here whose names escapes me. Very happy with it.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it Empty Re: what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it

Post  Kiwisteve Fri 28 Dec 2012, 8:05 pm

Rays SP2, I got it about 12 months ago, challenged the local dealer on price as he was approx $20 dearer than the rrp on cassons website, then he reduced it even more Smile . Also bought a dark visor at the same time. Fits me really good. I always tend to wear ear plugs on long rides.

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Fri 28 Dec 2012, 8:15 pm

I love open face helmets.

My current one is a Rjays Tomcat. Looks very much like a jet pilots helmet. Very comfy but still need ear plugs.

what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it 1024xFighterWorld+119

I also use a Nolan flip front full face.

what Helmet have you got and are you happy with it 1024xBandit+Putty+Ride+023

Last edited by Ross. on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Ross.

http://rossmz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bandit Gazza Fri 28 Dec 2012, 8:36 pm

the other thing I didnt mention with the AGV K3 is that when it rains its fog city on the visor which I'm a bit bummed about , I would have thought a $300 helmet would have a built in anti fog visor but apparently not , I can buy a $50 fix for the visor but thats not really the point

Bandit Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  step_andy Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:15 pm

Shoei X11. Fits well, light but a bit noisy.
Had it now for 7 years Looking to upgrade to X12 or Xr1100. Decisions

step_andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:48 pm

ThatOtherGuy wrote:Shoei TZX with whisperguard. Whisperguard addition thanks to a recommendation from a member here whose names escapes me. Very happy with it.

Ditto, I have a chin gaurd as well, can talk to my daughter on the back at 120 with the visor up, she also has a TZX, no breath or chin gaurd but as a pillion she doesnt get the same wind noise as me
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Bandit Gazza Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:14 pm

I'm am a bit suprised with the K3 because my AGV Airtech is such a good helmet that I really cant fault it except that a replacement visor is $80 , I didnt think I would have these noise and visor problems with the newer K3

Bandit Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:42 pm

have you tried your old one on the new bike ?

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sat 29 Dec 2012, 7:46 am

i have a shark RS something or other and it's noisy - i have to wear plugs over 80 kph otherwise the wind roar is simply deafening. mirrored visor was $80. it's also got a fair bit looser over time too - might get another helmet in the near future

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 29 Dec 2012, 8:59 am

I have both a HJC and an Rjays but I don't know the models - I bought them from the 'specials' bin on both occassions. The HJC has loosened slightly over time but i sslightly less noisy than the Rjays and interferes less with wearing glasses (probably because it is a bit loose). I tend to wear the HJC when commuting and the Rjays on trips. I'm happy with both as they each cost less than $200.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bandit Gazza Sat 29 Dec 2012, 9:18 am

paul wrote:have you tried your old one on the new bike ?

the old one has quite a few marks on it from a couple of spills adventure/enduro riding so while its definitely quieter it doesnt look nearly as cool flower

Bandit Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 29 Dec 2012, 9:21 am

I've had a Shoei XR1100 .... noisy but comfortable.
Shark Evoline mk2 .... noisy and heavy
Shark Vision R .... improved noise levels from the other Shark but bugger all ventilation.
I think I might splurge out on a Bell next, anyone have comments on a Bell helmet?

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 29 Dec 2012, 10:31 am

Have A Shark RSR2 sitting in the cupboard as a spare, loved that helmet, but hated having to change over visors or use sunnies.

Currently using a Shark Vision R,
One size smaller than the RSR2 but has significantly stretched inside that it really is now too loose. Thing is I couldn't get a smaller size on.
Love the extra wide view port and the internal tinted visor, however that could be darker.
Not as quiet as the RSR2 but that could be because it is now too loose.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 29 Dec 2012, 11:23 am

Shark rsr2. Light, Noisy but stable at speed. The visors are ridiculously expensive. The plastic spoiler on the back has cracked and the plastic tag on the chin strap have let go. The helmet is probably 4 years old now so not too bad. Also wearing some types of glasses with this helmet can give you a headache. It is hard on your ears when you pull the helmet on or off your head.

If any1 has a clear visor for an rsr2 that they want to offload sing out. Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Sat 29 Dec 2012, 4:36 pm

Ive got a Shoei TZX. Had it for 18 ish months now. I like the ease of visor changing (which is daily) and it's not a heavy helmet. As far as noise.......its the same as my 12 year old Doohan Arai Shocked I always wear earplugs anyway. Arai and Shoei are the only ones that fit my weird head Suspect
Oh yeah, on cold mornings it likes to fog up a bit. It's only for the first 5 Kms, but then it's fine.
Would I buy another? Nup.

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 29 Dec 2012, 4:58 pm

Bandit Gazza wrote:
paul wrote:have you tried your old one on the new bike ?

the old one has quite a few marks on it from a couple of spills adventure/enduro riding so while its definitely quieter it doesnt look nearly as cool flower

I was just wondering if it could be the way the new bike directs the wind as well as the helmet .........(even different jackets can make a difference ).........................But cool is good Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Sat 29 Dec 2012, 9:35 pm

Shark Vision 2 and it's fantastic
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 30 Dec 2012, 7:15 am

Arai Corsair V. Not as quiet as my old Corsair RX7 but seems more comfortable.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sun 30 Dec 2012, 7:41 pm

Baz wrote:I've had a Shoei XR1100 .... noisy but comfortable.
Shark Evoline mk2 .... noisy and heavy
Shark Vision R .... improved noise levels from the other Shark but bugger all ventilation.
I think I might splurge out on a Bell next, anyone have comments on a Bell helmet?

I had a Bell 30 odd years ago, does that help? Smile

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:07 pm

I had a Bell helmet 38 years ago. Bright YELLOW. affraid
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:23 pm

I have just upgraded my Rjays GP2 to a Rjays GP3+

Built in sunglasses that flip down for $179 .

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:38 am

Hammy wrote:I had a Bell helmet 38 years ago. Bright YELLOW. affraid
anyone in business for 38 years must be doing something right

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 31 Dec 2012, 2:46 pm

step_andy wrote:Shoei X11. Fits well, light but a bit noisy.
Had it now for 7 years Looking to upgrade to X12 or Xr1100. Decisions

TZX is quieter than both of these, depends what you are looking for, they are both a bit lighter than the TZX
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Mon 31 Dec 2012, 5:01 pm

Hammy wrote:I had a Bell helmet 38 years ago. Bright YELLOW. affraid

I think I've still got my Bell Moto3, somewhere. Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next