Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Adelaide Bandit

+4
Cameron
Reardo
boomer
8 posters

Go down

Another Adelaide Bandit Empty Another Adelaide Bandit

Post  1952 Tue 20 Apr 2010, 9:59 pm

Just got back from 18 months in the Middle East - and whilst booking in the Mazda 3 for an overdue service my wife insisted I go and look at the local Suzuki dealer showroom. Walked in and saw a half faired grey Bandit 1250 with ABS - my wife said she loved it and within 10 mins she had put down the deposit and organised for the bike to be ready by this Friday (23rd April). We went next door and checked out helmets and gloves and I have them lined up for me - and my lovely wife has chosen a helmet for herself. I should say that my sweet wife is NOT an avid bike lover - but she had promised me I could have a bike when we got back and she was true to her word. (I have been telling my friends she not only got me a bike she also bought a million dollar life insurance policy on me as well!)
I haven't owned a bike since my Suzuki GS 850 shaft drive that was destroyed in an accident that gave me an impressive leg scar after 16 days in hospital - but that was 1985, (perhaps I should add that the Police and the Court decided the accident was 100% the responsibility of the driver of the Dual Cab utility with trailer coming towards me, who blindly made a turn across my lane from behind a Cement Mixer)
Better fortune this time I trust.
I wanted a good value bike that had plenty of torque for my 105 kgms, and which didn't demand I be up at 11000 rpm all the time.
I like to 'trundle' around, (do people still use that word?), enjoying the drive and the sights - all well within the posted speed limits.
The difference this time is that I don't HAVE to use the bike if I think conditions aren't right.
Normally I love to keep a bike stock-standard unless there are minor improvements possible without altering the appearance.
I started on a Suzuki 100 in Melbourne (and rode it for 6 months without a cable because Peter Stevens Motorcycles at Port Melbourne gave me seven WRONG replacements.) Moved up to an electric-start Suzuki 185 - and then went big-time with a Yamaha RD350 (the only bike I ever mono'd - accidentally!) In Tasmania I had a Yamaha RD400, but I never bonded with it like the 350. I rode the Suzuki 850 from Tasmania to South Australia and had it destroyed 6 weeks later.
Don't know that I will have a lot to contribute but I am sure glad there is some sort of relevant Board on the Net and will try and acknowledge all fellow Bandit riders I come across.
Retirement will allow me plenty of time to polish and shine.

Back to top Go down

Another Adelaide Bandit Empty Re: Another Adelaide Bandit

Post  boomer Tue 20 Apr 2010, 11:20 pm

welcome fellow dark grey abs owner!

FarRider #412

Another Adelaide Bandit Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:01 am

[quote="1952"]
Don't know that I will have a lot to contribute but I am sure glad there is some sort of relevant Board on the Net and will try and acknowledge all fellow Bandit riders I come across.
quote]
Welcome mate. "contribute" your've got a bandit, thats your contribute. lol
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Thu 22 Apr 2010, 8:32 am

Welcome to the forum buddy. Good to see you back on a bike

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rickbandit Thu 22 Apr 2010, 5:40 pm

happy trundling Very Happy
rickbandit
rickbandit

Back to top Go down

Another Adelaide Bandit Empty It's real now!

Post  1952 Fri 23 Apr 2010, 9:33 pm

Another Adelaide Bandit Th_P1000237resized
Collected today and already done nearly 3 kms! Well you didn't expect me to take it anywhere with rain threatening did you? And look at what I am wearing ... no bike-riding jacket and trousers yet. Probably no 'trundling' before next Wednesday. sunny

Back to top Go down

Another Adelaide Bandit Empty It's real now!

Post  Big Al Sat 24 Apr 2010, 7:37 am

Welcome! I think you'll love what modern bikes have become, I still sit and just look at mine! Cool
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sun 25 Apr 2010, 10:49 am

hello to you and welcome to the site for the finest in one wheel drive machines
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Mon 26 Apr 2010, 10:30 am

Welcome aboard mate ........nice to see another Adelaide rider, what suburb are you in?......most so far seem to be down southern suburbs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum