Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills

4 posters

Go down

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills Empty Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills

Post  Chook Mon 10 Apr 2017, 1:24 pm

Another early start, walked around the corner to a bakery in Mildura for a toasted Eggs Benedict pied roll and coffee, sensational start to the day.

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills Zj9v1j

On the road by about 7:00 local time (a hour down the road that went back 1/2 hr to central time)

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills 5u4h05

That section of the rad is pretty flat and boring, as is the next stint to the Fruit Fly roadblock at Yamba where just after, you pass under the big Dunlop Welcome to the Riverland

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills F87qt

I should have refuelled there and soon after turned off towards Loxton but I rode into Renmark, refuelled the bike and then me with a coffee before deciding to leave the Highway and take the hills into Adelaide.

I headed from there to Berri, Loxton and then onto Swan Reach, the road to Swan Reach is pretty quiet so I opened it up a bit until I saw a line of 5 or 6 Roos cross a few hundred meters above, it was time to back off until I reached the ferry crossing over the Murray

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills Sw33v5

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills 2mqqezr

The ride from there to Sanderston via Cambrai is a pretty flat one but then it really starts to become fun, after leaving Sanderston on a bit of a straight you wind straight up the valley with a steep incline until you hit the top and wind along the ridge top

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills 2a675w8

From there it's still a nice road but usually very congested spoiling what could be real fun (if you don't get caught Wink )

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills 23vhs2e

After leaving Gumeracha for Cudlee Creek the road gets better again, then turning off to stay on Gorge Rd it is a awesome little ride, just respect the corners, many have come to grief along here

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills N645xi

After that it's a sedate ride through suburban Adelaide, through the City and another 5km after that and I was home, 19 days and about 5500 km after I'd left
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills Empty Re: Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills

Post  madmax Mon 10 Apr 2017, 4:20 pm

Looks like you had great weather for the final leg sunny

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills Empty Re: Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills

Post  paul Mon 10 Apr 2017, 8:41 pm

Top reports ( all of them ) & photos ............Enjoyable reading  Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills 959052286

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 11 Apr 2017, 3:20 pm

I was following the trip on FB Chook and secretly wishing I had taken some time off!
Great ride and report although why don't you own a pair of overpants? Best $40 I've ever spent apart from that hooker in Broome but that's another story What a Face

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 11 Apr 2017, 3:26 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I was following the trip on FB Chook and secretly wishing I had taken some time off!
Great ride and report although why don't you own a pair of overpants? Best $40 I've ever spent apart from that hooker in Broome but that's another story What a Face

I do, left them home, should have left the Nordic's home and taken them . Mad

$40, was he good? Wink

Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 11 Apr 2017, 8:47 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I was following the trip on FB Chook and secretly wishing I had taken some time off!
$ 40...........you sure it wasn't a hooker on a broom  Razz Laughing

Last leg of the trip home, Mildura to Adelaide via Adelaide Hills Images10

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down