Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glove Choice

+9
b12mick
gus
paul
Ewok1958
Dekenai
madmax
mtbeerwah
SuzySuzuki
stevemcc
13 posters

Go down

Glove Choice Empty Glove Choice

Post  stevemcc Mon 19 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

OK - first thing to tell everyone is I live up in the tropics (Darwin) and have a set of summer short leather gloves that I bought when I got my first bike last year.
But - I find it bloody difficult to get my gloves on in order to ride the bike.
I had a motorbike holiday in Tassy back around Easter and my gloves fitted - well - like a glove!!! Really easy to slip on and off - as my hands were not sweaty as buggery.

But back here in Darwin, I find it almost impossible to slip them on when the hands are sweaty, and seem to be stuffing around for a good 5 minutes before I get on the bike (probably just a minute each - but it feels like I am never going to get moving).

So fellow tropics dwellers - do you suffer the same issues, and what do you do to get around this type of issue?

I was considering a set of fingerless gloves - but am really not sure that this is going to offer me any difference - they are probably going to be just as hard?? I bought the largest size I could find - XXL I think. These were off eBay and called "S3 CoolProtect Short Summer Motorbike Gloves" (Google them if you want the link!).

Do you just ride without gloves - especially for short trips of 15 minutes or less??

Any ideas or suggestions? confused
stevemcc
stevemcc

Back to top Go down

Glove Choice Empty Re: Glove Choice

Post  SuzySuzuki Mon 19 Nov 2012, 10:28 pm

Have you tried a pair of glove liners? They are made of a lighter type fabric. I thought perhaps these would make it easier, when hands are sweaty. Pull gloves off, then roll the liners off too

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[Glove Choice Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Mon 19 Nov 2012, 10:39 pm

gloves shouldn`t be to hard to put on,firm,but not tight.

just a suggestion,try a little bit talcum powder,and see how that goes
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  stevemcc Mon 19 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm

Just jumped onto eBay and bought a cheap pair of cotton glove liners for $2.50!
Will try the talc tomorrow. Sounds like it "should" work - but it does get bloody sweaty here at this time of year!

Cheers
Steve
stevemcc
stevemcc

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 19 Nov 2012, 11:34 pm

I had a set of S3 gloves that I too got of ebay. Bloody hopeless things they were, constantly the liner would come out with sticky sweaty hands. Then spent the next 10 minutes trying to push the liner back in

For Summer I use a pair of Rjays Bandit gloves. A thin leather glove with knuckle armor and finger vents. Awesome even on the hottest days. Well here in Vic anyway.
can't speak for the humidity of the NT.
Anyway I've had them nearly 3 years and apart from some fading they are still going strong.
Glove Choice BANDIT%2009

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:13 am

I used to use motocross gloves in the tropics; plenty of airflow and reasonable protection.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:58 am

I'd highly recommend the Dririder Aeromesh glove for hot and sticky conditions. They are a very 'open flow' mesh glove with kevlar protection on the knuckles. I found they are like riding without gloves on at all and they dry very quickly if you happen to ride through rain. They are useless in winter temperate conditions, having no thermal properties at all, but brilliant in summer. They do tend to fray early but mine are a couple of years old now and certainly haven't fallen apart. I try and wear them as much as possible because I like the 'open' feel and lack of the problems you mentioned when hands are wet (which I've also suffered with other gloves). I've even bought a back-up pair in case they disappear from the shelves before my first set wear out.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:53 am

Ewok1958 wrote:I'd highly recommend the Dririder Aeromesh glove for hot and sticky conditions. They are a very 'open flow' mesh glove with kevlar protection on the knuckles. I found they are like riding without gloves on at all and they dry very quickly if you happen to ride through rain. They are useless in winter temperate conditions, having no thermal properties at all, but brilliant in summer. They do tend to fray early but mine are a couple of years old now and certainly haven't fallen apart. I try and wear them as much as possible because I like the 'open' feel and lack of the problems you mentioned when hands are wet (which I've also suffered with other gloves). I've even bought a back-up pair in case they disappear from the shelves before my first set wear out.

+ 1 ^^^

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:24 am

Or check out motor X gloves .(not a brand name )
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:54 am

madmax wrote:I had a set of S3 gloves that I too got of ebay. Bloody hopeless things they were, constantly the liner would come out with sticky sweaty hands. Then spent the next 10 minutes trying to push the liner back in

For Summer I use a pair of Rjays Bandit gloves. A thin leather glove with knuckle armor and finger vents. Awesome even on the hottest days. Well here in Vic anyway.
can't speak for the humidity of the NT.
Anyway I've had them nearly 3 years and apart from some fading they are still going strong.
Glove Choice BANDIT%2009

These are what I currently have. Seem to work well in the heat up here, but we don't get the humidity that Darwin gets.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:11 pm

I Have a pair of alpinestar summer gloves. they have great airflow and good knuckle protection. They feel like a pair of old fashioned car driving gloves. the opening is quite large but the gloves are quite snug once on.

I would also suggest the talc trick but if it is continuously humid and you are on and off the bike all day you will need to take a small bottle with you every where whilst riding.

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:12 pm

dirt bike gloves when it gets really hot

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:14 am

As a fellow Darwin rider, I've found MotoX gloves usually work fine and they're reasonably cost effective.
My current mitts are a pair of FIVE Gloves (Stunt) they breathe well, aren't bulky and no probs getting on and off.

They werent cheap but would give a bit more crush protection I reckon. Hope ill never need to find out.. Even when saturated from the monsoonal commute they're ok to slip on/ off.
I'm an ATGATT rider these days. Too much diesel and too much sand on the roads to rely on just skin, and I've done the bitumen slide with no gloves and no jacket a few years ago. It hurt! affraid Not going to make same mistake twice.

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:10 am

I've got some Fox gloves which I bought at a motoX store, not sure the style, but they work great wet, dry and anything in between and we get that in Brisbane. nice tactile feel, can even do up the helmet with them on, I almost hate winter when I have to shelve them for the winter gloves.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down