Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It sucks......

+7
Frazzled
reddog
holdenman
paul
Ross.
Hammy
gus
11 posters

Go down

It sucks...... Empty It sucks......

Post  gus Sat 03 Nov 2012, 6:45 am

Phillip Island 3 day Moto gp weekend is not value for money .Friday -$45 SAT-$75 Sun -$95 ---3 day pass $160.

I went sat-sunday and never saw a race .

More info later .(why i think it sucks )
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

It sucks...... Empty Re: It sucks......

Post  Hammy Sat 03 Nov 2012, 9:10 am

How come you never saw a race ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Sat 03 Nov 2012, 9:25 am

Here I was thinking this was an Ad for Hoover.

Ross.

http://rossmz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 03 Nov 2012, 9:37 am

I expected to see a picture of the ex Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:25 pm

Any racing on fri-sat is aust superbikes .Trouble is its very early or late in the day when its raining (as it was ).As it was i had to travel a little way

to the track ,in the rain so missed the early .The arvo race was so late (and raining )90% of the people missed that .

That ends up giving you moto practice ,boring after 30 mins yet alone 5 hrs .

At around lunch time you get nothing (pathetic ) or at best 2 Ducati's with pillions .You asleep yet .This is costing you $75 remember for sat .

Expo was nothing great .Usual crap supper crowded took me 10 mins ,in and out .Bought nothing ,Carol took 15mins bought nothing .

Decided you could see more in front of the tv and pay nothing so we did .And i'm not the only one either .Usual traffic madness in and out of the

track apparently .

You know moto gp has BIG problems when 70% of the people leave after the big bike 's finish practice .

Remember no Spies (injured) no Simoncelli (Sad)Predrosa out 2nd lap ,Lorenzo just wants to finish ,Rossi and Hayden on dogs and Casey in a league

of his own .Sleep

THe main race starts at 4.00 .To get a good spot be there at 8.am.Thats 8 hour to wait or 60 donuts .

Sorry gp, Rossi says its getting boring and Casey would rather go fishing.

Just as well its all about the ride for me .

TRaction controll and anti wheelie things are turning the sport into like watching golf . Oh yeah what happened to the stunt riders this year ?

And the jet ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:35 pm

Mmmmmmm ?? Here am I thinkin' about ridin' down next year. Neutral
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

As much as i would like to go to live events i get to see more on tv

2 different motorsports i go to is Drags at Willowbank Raceway and our local Mothar mountain Speedway. I get to see the whole track start to finish.

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:42 pm

Go to Seapng and get stuck in traffic for 4 hours on the way home Smile

I'd do it again though, Tiger beers were going down like you wouldn't believe, it gets so hot in the afternoon, but the rain is nice and warm at least
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Frazzled Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:59 pm

Gus,

Your experience at the motogp makes me want to confess something- I am Australian and consider myself a true blue Aussie but....

I have never been to Phillip island , never been to Bathurst , never seen a live international cricket match of any sort! Why, because the tv coverage is too good, I can drink while knowing I don't have to worry about getting home, I don't have to put up with the annoying crowds, if it's boring I can do other stuff around the house, listening out until it becomes interesting, I don't get wet, cold, hot, sunburnt.

Your experiences only reinforce why I do this and will continue to do so. Sorry you didn't exactly enjoy yourself but the trip there and back would have been good at least Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

Must admit ,I usually go to the super-bikes & find it a different atmosphere to that . Ride your bike into & park around track , not as many spectators&,usually pretty good racing .They don't seem to have the stunt riders as much at that event any more either though . we usually stay in Wonthaggi about 20 km off the island & not too far a ride to get there .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:25 pm

I've been down to World Supers this year and last and it was certainly planned to be as much about the ride as the event itself. In 2011 we skipped most practice sessions and toured the Island to have a great day out - it included Churchill Island, the Vietnam Veterans' museum, and various sightseeing trips to the beaches. Of course, you probably only do this once but in two years we still haven't been to San Remo or Wilson's Prom. The thing about it being about the trip though is that, unless you are retired or don't work for whatever reason, you need to be able to get plenty of time off to do the road trip.

The other attractions of WSBK are: (a) usually better weather at PI on Feb than Oct, (b) first race of the WSBK season, so its great racing as no-one is cruising for points and (c) two separate races for each round of the championship so twice the fun and (d) good support races with historics and Formula Extreme.

Still wouldn't bother too much with practice sessions though! That's my 2c worth. Smile
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:40 pm

Ive been to plenty of Gps including the fist and the greatest 2nd both won by Gardner .Grown men with tears in their eyes was special .Its just gone down hill.

The sight of Stoner at 340kph on the main straight is (was ) special and worth the $ alone .A 45 min race is not enough though .

Give me superbikes anyday .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

It sucks...... Empty Too much choice perhaps?

Post  truck Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:27 pm

I went to PI in 2010, we got rained on, absolutlly froze watching the motorbikes go round, walked around the track through the mud and all, drove to and from the track to our hotel 3 hrs round trip every day, mate I loved it and would not change a thing from that trip. Everything about that trip makes me want to go back and do it again! I am seriously considering riding the Bandit South for PI next year. When I tell mates I went to PI, I can see the envy in their eyes, but when I tell them I watched it on TV . . . I don't always get a response.

When I read about the places a lot of my Southern Bandit Brothers get to ride like to the Moto GP, Superbikes, Glass House Mountains or the Great Ocean road = me becoming very envious.

Hope I have not misread the op and I hope you understand the point I am trying to make, is it because we are spoilt with choices that we expect better value for money every time or is it a genuine dissapointment in the event?
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:58 am

Did I mention Sepang cost $35 for all 3 days and that is for the main grandstands. Getting there is a bit of a mission though. Tiger beers cost $5 and you don;t want to use the toilet facilities. Apparently the K1 stand is much better. Don't wear thongs as you'll be water skiing most of the day, especially in the toilets haha Smile Other than that it's all good and you get a good view of the track on the back side or K1 stands. Organise a taxi if you want to get in/out quick though, public transport is pretty shit.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:44 am

I should add i lived at Phillip Island for 10-15 years in my youth .Places move on ,unfortuneately .It used to be rent a farmhouse and surf , population

all your friends .Laws ,make your own ,dont bother locking anything .Track lap record was by a cow called Betty .(one day 24 mins est )
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 11:07 am

gus wrote:Phillip Island 3 day Moto gp weekend is not value for money .Friday -$45 SAT-$75 Sun -$95 ---3 day pass $160.

I went sat-sunday and never saw a race .

More info later .(why i think it sucks )

That's why I stayed home and recorded the whole lot.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  slik50 Tue 06 Nov 2012, 8:04 pm

Sorry Gus, I disagree. I went to the MotoGP this year and last year and had a great time.

I spent Friday and Saturday walking around the outside of the track taking photos of all of the practice sessions. Watching Mick Doohan on a modern honda was a highlight too.

On race day the Mrs, kids and I got to Siberia at 8 and set up our chairs. There could have been more racing but I amused myself by talking to the people around me when the racing was not on. Funny that we all had something in common........

The moto3 race was very exciting with Arthur Sissis making the podium.
Moto2 even better watching Ant West mug 5 of them into the hairpin before bridging a big gap to get to 2nd place by less than a wheel at the finish.
MotoGP had less passing but was a great result for Casey.

I agree if you are only interested in the MotoGP race itself you are better of watching on TV. But get into some of the support events, chat to some interesting people around you and enjoy the atmosphere in general and I think it's a great weekend's entertainment.

I went bowling in Melbourne with my daughter on Friday night and paid $60 for 2 games each. I thought that was not great value for money by comparison with the MotoGP weekend.

Just my 2 cents.

Rob

slik50

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum