Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Engine oil do you use or recommend?

+7
moto1
sb1250
dhula
Ewok1958
paul
Hammy
Bhoffo
11 posters

Go down

What Engine oil do you use or recommend? Empty What Engine oil do you use or recommend?

Post  Bhoffo Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:22 pm

Just wondering what Engine oil people here have as their preference for the Bandit - or what they would recommend.. Question

Up until now I've just taken my bike to a shop for it's regular servicing and don't know what grade or type of oil they've been putting in it but thought to save a few $$$ I'd do it myself this time.. Smile

Back to top Go down

What Engine oil do you use or recommend? Empty Re: What Engine oil do you use or recommend?

Post  Hammy Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:57 pm

Most 10w/40 semi synthetic will do the job. But they are all a little different. I am trying Torco at the moment. Motul is good and I suspect the Shell Advance would be good also. I also think that because one oil works well in one bike, it does not mean that it will work just as well in another bike. Best of luck in finding one you like.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

What Engine oil do you use or recommend? Empty What Engine oil do you use or recommend?

Post  paul Mon 11 Jun 2012, 6:01 pm

I like motul 5100 / 10w50 semi synthetic in mine

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

What Engine oil do you use or recommend? Empty Re: What Engine oil do you use or recommend?

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 6:35 pm

I have used Fuchs Silkolene 10W-40. I don't know if I could make any comment other than the bike ran perfectly and the gear change was fine (but that might have also been the case if I'd used any other oil).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 11 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

In the bandit and GSX650F I used this stuff and was happy with the performance
When I got the T800 I put this in it (cause Triumph specify semi or full syn only)
I tried this stuff in the Wee and Vee but wasn't overly happy with it even tho the book says it's OK to use spec wise.
Now have this stuff (which is actually this stuff) in the Wee and was in the Vee when it left and it seams to perform well.
Next change will have this stuff (which is actually this stuff) and we'll see how it goes.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 6:37 am

paul wrote:I like motul 5100 / 10w50 semi synthetic in mine

+1

I'd like to know if motorcycle oil is ever on "special"? Better start a new thread......

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  moto1 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:49 pm

ohh no not another oil thread Suspect I use anything that's cheap mainly diesel oil 15W40 as it doesn't have too many viscosity improvers and therefore supposedly resists shearing, cheap because I change it every 4 to 5000 and because I constantly thrash my bike.
moto1
moto1

Back to top Go down

Post  geekay007 Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:01 am

I use Shell Advance or Castrol Activ. Both are reasonably priced. Paying top dollar for a fully synthetic oil is overkill for me since I change both oil and filter after 6000 km. I couldn't tell the difference honestly. At most it may make 1-2% difference in terms of power.

TFi
Arrow full exhaust
Delkevic can
TRE set to 5th gear
Fork Brace
afro
geekay007
geekay007

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

I changed the oil last week.. went into 'Westerns Motorcycles' at Penrith and the had a special!! A 4 litre container of the Motul 5100 and a original Suzuki oil filter for $70... a relative bargain for once! Smile

Except ...... all that I saved and much more will be going on getting the bike back to 'normal' after stuffing the tune doing the TB Balance and TPS adjustment... Sad Not a happy chappy.... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:03 pm

I bought 2 4l containers of Motul 5100 10w/40 from BikeBiz (online), free delivery, for $55each. Jake Wilson sent me 6 k&n filters with my new PR3's, so this service cost me $65! Mmmmmmm, love the smell of fresh oil! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hope your "tune" goes well tomorrow Bhoffo.

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:29 am

Bhoffo wrote:I changed the oil last week.. went into 'Westerns Motorcycles' at Penrith and the had a special!! A 4 litre container of the Motul 5100 and a original Suzuki oil filter for $70... a relative bargain for once! Smile

Except ...... all that I saved and much more will be going on getting the bike back to 'normal' after stuffing the tune doing the TB Balance and TPS adjustment... Sad Not a happy chappy.... Evil or Very Mad
Careful with the price of the original filter mate. It shouldn't cost any more than $30 or your getting ripped off. I always buy K&N from Slipstream Performance for $19.20
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:37 am

I also use the Motul oil. Bought a 20L drum from Ebay. Seller was in Melbourne I think.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 25 Jun 2012, 10:46 am

sb1250 wrote:
paul wrote:I like motul 5100 / 10w50 semi synthetic in mine

+1

I'd like to know if motorcycle oil is ever on "special"? Better start a new thread......

It is when Supacheap are 20% off store wide,
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down