Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great day for a ride in the mountains

5 posters

Go down

A great day for a ride in the mountains  Empty A great day for a ride in the mountains

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

We all met at the caltex in merimbula 9:30am, Terry rocks up on his bandit, myself and my bandit, tony and his Guzzi plus jamie on soya sauce ( the korean Special) his logic for buying it, its a 250 in a 650 frame well reality bit him on the arse yes it performs like a 250 in a 650 frame. anyway the decision made lets do kancobhan, Geezus that a big day ok lets go.

Wolumla, Bemboka, A quick trip up brown mountain well till we hit traffic a quarter the way up then its 4th gear and patience, turn left at nimmitabel, springvale road, shit ! its half gravel that experience over on to dalgety rd whoa no traffic and nice sweepy curves nice, hit dalgety poor old jamie on the soya sauce is missing his arse decides to call it quits and head home. catch up with some other guys as we hit Jindy, off to thredbo and then down the mountain to Geehi, Awesome is all i can say. head cam'd it as well. Lunch at Khancoban pub then off for a piccy at tumut 2 dam, scoot into cabramurra on some very slippery hot mix, hit the highway at kiandra and awesome piece of rd to adaminaby top up with some juice from a very unhappy servo attendant, right turn to berridale another nice piece of road, take a right then a left to dalgety , stop for a visor clean after some bug left a bucket full of guts allover it, my visor looked like a murder scene, all clean dalgety left turn to nimmitabel another run on the gravel. Back on the black stuff then the weirdest thing happened just one big black storm cloud appeared and pissed down on us for about ten mins, geezus my draggins are soaked, me undies are soaked my dry rider is anything but, well least me socks are dry , 30 minutes later i am dry again except me undies, down the brown mountain say good bye to terry, right at candelo turn off, wolumla, then back into merimbula say good bye to tony, Gezzus its still bloody hot here, into the Garage, strip off the gear my wet undies which are sort of dry, into the boardies grab a beer, nothing like a quick float in the pool, all in all a very nice day
checked out motion X gps on my iPhone 553 kilometres in total.

Last edited by Jimcoleman on Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some stuff)
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

A great day for a ride in the mountains  Empty A great day for a ride in the mountains

Post  paul Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:24 pm

sounds like a great ride ( how far did you go ? ) Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

A great day for a ride in the mountains  Empty Re: A great day for a ride in the mountains

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:29 pm

about 650ks always leave the clincher out
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

A great day for a ride in the mountains  Empty Re: A great day for a ride in the mountains

Post  paul Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:35 pm

good effort cheers

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

nice stuff
chips
chips

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:38 am

Sounds great Jim! All except for the big black cloud bit, but at least it was on the home run.

We're doing the snowy loop tomorrow. Any new bad bits to look out for? Did you see many cops?

Tony.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:39 am

no cops but that didn't mean that there wasn't any, just watch for bone head drivers from thredbo to khancoben they tend to want more road than they should and if its hot slippery hot mix around cabramurra, have a safe one rolls

Last edited by Jimcoleman on Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:51 am

here's a section of fun we had

Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:59 am

Only have time for a couple of minutes of video. The pace looks good :-)

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down