Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movin from Melbourne

4 posters

Go down

Movin from Melbourne Empty Movin from Melbourne

Post  movin Mon 24 Aug 2009, 2:41 pm

Heya guys. Recognise Bravus from NR.
On my second B12. Only bike I've ever liked enough to buy a second one. First was a 99 model that I picked up for a song in 2003. $5k with 15k on clock. Unregistered. $6200 on road with insurance. Luuuurved that bike. Best machine I've ever owned. Did some serious touring on it. Sold it few months back with 75k on clock. Motor and whole package still solid as.
Bought an 06 model last summer and I honestly prefer the 99. Fuel consumption sucked but better lower down power spread I found and less crap requiring removal when servicing.
I have workshop service manuals if anyone wants a copy? and can maybe teach you how to do valve clearances on the ODD occassion I get a spare few hours on a weekend (Melb).
Cheers Smile
Ken
movin
movin

Back to top Go down

Movin from Melbourne Empty Re: Movin from Melbourne

Post  Bravus Mon 24 Aug 2009, 4:38 pm

Good to see ya here, Movin.

I love my 1999 model. I've taken it from about 46,000 to 64,000 km in just under 18 months, and will definitely hang onto it for the next couple of years (barring accidents) and well over the 100k km. Partly just because I'm busy getting out of debt and can't afford a newer one, but also because there's just no reason to update - it's utterly reliable and does everything I want it to do. And, just quietly (though I may get some argument here), I think the 1999 model with the frame tube that runs above the engine and bends down is sexier-looking than the next model with the tube that runs straight at an angle. Maybe I'll update to the EFI and liquid-cooled 1250 at some time in the future, but for right now the 12 keeps me very happy.

Last edited by Bravus on Mon 24 Aug 2009, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bravus

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Mon 24 Aug 2009, 8:30 pm

and there is something about the noise the old oil cooled models make, with an aftermarket exhaust they sound fantastic. Oh yeah...and welcome Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 24 Aug 2009, 8:37 pm

Another big welcome to you cheers
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  movin Tue 25 Aug 2009, 9:33 am

1836 wrote:and there is something about the noise the old oil cooled models make, with an aftermarket exhaust they sound fantastic. Oh yeah...and welcome Very Happy

Suzuki in their infinite wisdom in the earlier models put all the restriction in the muffler and hearders. Bolt on can and if you want to pony up the doe for headers as well, and you had 15hp extra. Honestly if I could find a 96-99 with low k,s I would go back to it
movin
movin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bravus Tue 25 Aug 2009, 9:37 am

Yeah, mine has a straight-through, large bore can that is in the original brushed-aluminium Suzuki case, so it looks stock but doesn't sound it, and definitely has a bit more go (I know because I also have the stock can and swapped it back in for the roadworthy check when I bought it). Haven't had it on a dyno, but best guess based on others experience is that it'd be more like 110 than 99. Will do it one day.

Bravus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down