Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q/D fuel connectors

Go down

Q/D fuel connectors Empty Q/D fuel connectors

Post  aussie Fri 05 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

A word of warning when removing tank or general handling of tank - a sad story & don't ask me how I know.

The fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail has a Q/D coupling at each end. Note these couplings are an integral part of the fuel line. They cannot be replaced individually and a new assembly is required. There are no replacements in Aus so there is a 2/3 week order time and a cost of $114.

aussie

Back to top Go down

Q/D fuel connectors Empty Hard wire fuel line??

Post  aussie Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:44 pm

I have ordered a new fuel line assembly but I am considering using FI hose/clamps and hard wiring from the tank to the fuel rail. I have had personal experience with BMW plastic Q/D couplings and their tendancy to snap off at the barb without warning and the exciting time that ensues. Shocked I changed the delivery high pressure line and return line and after 4 years there has been no problems.

I may do this with this bike, at least until the new OE lines arrive. Has anyone any experience with this on a Bandit - good/bad?

aussie

Back to top Go down