Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

+9
sb1250
Grover
Cameron
rolls
2wheelsagain
Baz
k nine
grumpy60
Ewok1958
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Empty Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Folks,
The plan is to have lunch at a pub in Bombala (seems to be a choice of 2), around 12.30pm. After lunch, ride over to Candelo, via Wyndham and Myrtle Mt, then Bemboka and finally, up the Brown and back to Canberra after lunch. Date planned is Saturday 17 September but some flexibility to adjust to suit circumstances. Plan would be to leave Williamsdale servo at 10.00am, stop for coffee at (say) Bredbo. Should be back in Canberra at ~5.00pm or a bit earlier. Post lunch route from Bombala to Bemboka is a beauty. Route is shown via this link.
Just let me know via reply post here if you're planning to participate.

Regards,
Ewok

Route
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Empty Re: Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  sb1250 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:36 am

Yeah sorry 2WA. This would've been the Bandits first real trip. The cars rear main seal has now turned into a seek and destroy mission for oil leaks - add a pwr strg pump to the shopping list Sad
If you would be so kind as to double back and pass the road side tax collector at a reasonably brisk pace (just to make it worth while Twisted Evil ) that would be great! Oh, and dont forget to salute Very Happy Very Happy

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Empty Re: Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:43 am

sb1250 wrote:Yeah sorry 2WA. This would've been the Bandits first real trip. The cars rear main seal has now turned into a seek and destroy mission for oil leaks - add a pwr strg pump to the shopping list Sad
If you would be so kind as to double back and pass the road side tax collector at a reasonably brisk pace (just to make it worth while Twisted Evil ) that would be great! Oh, and dont forget to salute Very Happy Very Happy

Mate I get a cramp in my middle finger every time I go past one. On the bike its my left middle finger and in the car its my right middle finger. Must be stress related Evil or Very Mad

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

Sorry guys im out. I have my mates engagement party on

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

Folks - just something to think about before the weekend - fuel. It's about 160kms to Bombala from Williamsdale so that won't be a problem if we're all full at Williamsdale (which has a servo but maybe not the cheapest petrol). After lunch, it is roughly 270kms back to the Caltex at Calwell via our route through Wyndham, Candelo, Bemboka, Nimitabel and Cooma. That's no problem on my bike and it's fuel consumption - don't know how others would go but remember you can always fill up again at Williamsdale which is only ~ 250kms from Bombala via our post-lunch route.

More problematic would be a decision NOT to refuel at Bombala at lunch time and go from Williamsdale to Bombala and back to Cooma. That would be 333 kms (according to Google Maps), including going up Brown Mountain - getting a bit tight for some I'd reckon. There is no fuel at Bemboka or Nimitabel. There is fuel at Wyndham and Candelo but I wouldn't swear they'd be open on Saturday arvo.

Bottom line - I reckon we fill up in Bombala on the way to lunch.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

I won't be riding with you after lunch but if early I will continue on and join up the road somewhere.
333km would see me pushing or calling for a trailer in that territory.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

No worries 2WA (except if we flash past and don't see you - gulp Embarassed Embarassed ). We'll keep the eyes peeled. There shouldn't be toom many bikes on the Bombala - Nimitabel road so shouldn't be any issues. If you're not early, we'll see you at the Imperial. The weather is looking better and better.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:52 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I won't be riding with you after lunch but if early I will continue on and join up the road somewhere.

Strap the mower tin to the back. Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 14 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:I won't be riding with you after lunch but if early I will continue on and join up the road somewhere.

Strap the mower tin to the back. Laughing
Actually I could strap the mower on and use the extra 4.5hp Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Four40 wrote:I'll put up a tentative hand up plus 1 at this stage. Things haven't been crash hot around home lately and a good ride might be the ticket. Just need to see if my little brother wants to come along.

Hop eyou can make it 440. Will the little brother be on the mighty 1400?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:52 pm

My brother and I are a GO for tomorrow. I'll most likely be hooning it up on the 1400 Twisted Evil
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:34 pm

Great stuff - looks like we have me, Grover, Thylacine, Four40 + 1 going down the Monaro and 2WA coming up from Gippy.

Rolls, Boatz & K-nine still to be confirmed.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:45 pm

I'm in , Ewok i hve sent you a PM.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

Keen as mustard. See you at Willimsdale at 10:00.

Just so you know who I am I'll wear a red carnation, and I'll be on a bandit. Smile
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

Is that Mr B? Sorry, I read that in a book about 40 years ago! See ya tomorrow.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:18 pm

Yep see you all tomorrow.
I'm off to bed soon for my beauty sleep Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 17 Sep 2011, 7:23 am

Right you lot I'm leaving in less than an hour Cool
You cant miss me Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 7:47 am

See ya at the pub. Now to polish the bike.......
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 17 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

T Bone Egg n Chips with the group at the pub. A good day so far!

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 5:34 pm

Was thinkin about what I was missing today - especially when that vital layer of skin gets ground off my knuckle as the spanner slips Sad
....hope the ride went well today lads. cheers

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 17 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

T Bone Egg n Chips with the group at the pub. A play with a SV1000 between Cann & Orbost. A good day so far!

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 7:52 pm

Home again home again.

Pics
Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Th_DSC_0024Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Th_DSC_0025Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Th_DSC_0026
Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Th_DSC_0027Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Th_DSC_0028Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 3 Th_DSC_0029

Rocked up at Willaimsdale to see triple. Three Blue FA's. Also watched as 100k worth or more of Ducatis rolled out. A quick blat to Bredbo for a slightly longer than anticipated stop (sorry bout that) and off to Bombala. Traffic was light but those damn average greed cameras are a PITA. The shortcut to avoid Cooma proper was tops, I'll have to remember that one. As well as avoiding town, petrol was 5 cents cheaper cheers

Lunch at Bombala was blood good for the price, the bar owner was a great guy with a good sense of humour. Can't remember his name though Embarassed

The road through Mt Darragh Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It just kept going and going. Some bloody good potholes too.

Heading back up Mt Brown had a clown in a cage sitting up my arse Evil or Very Mad Even when the road opened up and we overtook a group of cars, a few minutes later, here is the same clown. The last group of cars we overtook, mr clown took a bit longer to catch up, both the 1250fa and 1400 were in fine form Twisted Evil

Good to meet new faces, some of you guys had already put in a decent ride just to meet up. Cool
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 17 Sep 2011, 8:34 pm

Was great to meet you all today.
I think the publican was Steve?

Did you blokes get many bugs?
I could barely see by the time I got home affraid
My Pix https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1978964040305.2097264.1429272983&l=bdc35dbf56&type=1

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

Not as many bugs as you had, but I did have to clean my visor several times yesterday. The late run back from Cooma didn't help. Bloody muppets who slow down to 60km when there's a cop with someone pulled over Evil or Very Mad
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:09 am

Sorry I had to get home so fast, and there was certainly no warm welcome when I did get home. Crying or Very sad

Sitting on 100kph I was overtaken by a few tinlids, and some were moving at a good clip, between the point to point cameras. I caught them up past Bredbo but luckily didn't spot any cops all the way home.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:26 am

rolls wrote:Sorry I had to get home so fast, and there was certainly no warm welcome when I did get home. Crying or Very sad

Sitting on 100kph I was overtaken by a few tinlids, and some were moving at a good clip, between the point to point cameras. I caught them up past Bredbo but luckily didn't spot any cops all the way home.

That only puts you in the mid 90's unless you have a speedo healer.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next