Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

+9
sb1250
Grover
Cameron
rolls
2wheelsagain
Baz
k nine
grumpy60
Ewok1958
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 2 Empty Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Folks,
The plan is to have lunch at a pub in Bombala (seems to be a choice of 2), around 12.30pm. After lunch, ride over to Candelo, via Wyndham and Myrtle Mt, then Bemboka and finally, up the Brown and back to Canberra after lunch. Date planned is Saturday 17 September but some flexibility to adjust to suit circumstances. Plan would be to leave Williamsdale servo at 10.00am, stop for coffee at (say) Bredbo. Should be back in Canberra at ~5.00pm or a bit earlier. Post lunch route from Bombala to Bemboka is a beauty. Route is shown via this link.
Just let me know via reply post here if you're planning to participate.

Regards,
Ewok

Route
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 2 Empty Re: Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

Guys,
Love the enthusiasm and hope anyone who is going to enjoy the ride can make it. But, and I'm sure you'll understand, I don't want to be responsible for people trying too hard and it all ending up in tears. Lunch ~12.30pm was the call and remains so (we have guys coming out of Sydney as well and people who need to get home even out of Canberra whose leave pass might expire if we make lunch too late).

Don't despair, if Bombala is a 'bridge too far' for the Vic Bandits, I love a long ride and will look to organise another meet down Gippsland way (where I have 2 brothers and my old mum) in the not too distant future for those who might want a day trip out of Melbourne (or anywhere else within cooee of Gippsland) - in fact I already have a plan in mind. Surprised Must be because the weather warming up as I'm already planning an 8 day WSBK trip!

Regards,
Ewok
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 2 Empty Re: Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Guys,
Love the enthusiasm and hope anyone who is going to enjoy the ride can make it. But, and I'm sure you'll understand, I don't want to be responsible for people trying too hard and it all ending up in tears. Lunch ~12.30pm was the call and remains so (we have guys coming out of Sydney as well and people who need to get home even out of Canberra whose leave pass might expire if we make lunch too late).

Don't despair, if Bombala is a 'bridge too far' for the Vic Bandits, I love a long ride and will look to organise another meet down Gippsland way (where I have 2 brothers and my old mum) in the not too distant future for those who might want a day trip out of Melbourne (or anywhere else within cooee of Gippsland) - in fact I already have a plan in mind. Surprised Must be because the weather warming up as I'm already planning an 8 day WSBK trip!

Regards,
Ewok
Mate the timing is ok for me I can do it easy in 4hrs. Done Can River in under 3 before.
I'll have an eye on the weather though. Don't mind riding home in the rain but I won't be in wet draggins all day Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

Agree with you on that one 2WA. If the weather is forecast to be too crap I'll be changing the date. A bit of fog & rain I can handle but not a whole day of it. let's see how it is looking closer to the date.

PS: East Gippsland weather is always going to be an issue for you! Rolling Eyes Just ask a lad from Gormandale (go the Tigers!).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:46 am

Thats a bit rich coming from someone residing in Canberra!

Weather east of Rosedale is generally better Smile But it does seem to rail a lot between Gormandale and Wron Wron although the Highland is usually a good ride.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:34 am

Ewok1958-all understood! Dont change a thing (INXS?). My plans are all weather dependant, and leave pass still pending Laughing .
2WA - a 5am departure time is normal for me anyway, dont need the extra beauty sleep - Im borderline Fabio anyway Laughing Laughing
...actually lookin foward to meeting the rest of you clowns Very Happy
cheers

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Wed 31 Aug 2011, 6:42 pm

Well im still in providing my cricket game is on the sunday, ill probably know for sure next week.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 01 Sep 2011, 5:39 pm

if this is still on, I'll probably head to the south coast after Bombala lunch

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:02 pm

Definitely still on Baz - I'm already thinking of the first beer!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Fri 02 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

I have now found out that other plans have been made while I've been away.
Sorry Guys but I am now very doubtful for this trip.

definitely not happy about it Crying or Very sad

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 2 Empty 17 Sept Bombala lunch...

Post  thylacine Fri 02 Sep 2011, 7:07 pm

Intend to join ride from Williamsdale. 2011 1250 FA, Canberra. Cheers...

thylacine

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 02 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

Ummm welcome

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:57 pm

Not sure which pub you're thinking of Ewok.
The Imperial Hotel Bombala has a Great Dane called "Harley" apparentyl Wink

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:31 pm

Cool - I don't have any local knowledge of the pubs so if anyone has a recommendation for one over the other please feel free to make a suggestion.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Cool - I don't have any local knowledge of the pubs so if anyone has a recommendation for one over the other please feel free to make a suggestion.

The Imperial proudly proclaim to do meals 7 days a week. Not much info on the other joint except its a Lion Nathan establishment. Imperial is CUB. Thanks Google Earth.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

The weather forcast is looking good for Saturday. Canberra 1-21, mostly sunny, light winds. Bega 4-22, mostly sunny, lilght winds.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:12 pm

Guys,
I checked out the options today on the way back from Bega Valley in the Falcon. There are two pubs: The Globe and the Imperial, plus the RSL Club. The Globe is being refurbished, has little space and one table! It has a Chinese menu. The impeiel looks better - much more comprehensive menu and a bit more space. Not spacious by any means but I think enough. The menu looked pretty good (traditional aussie pub meal menu). They also offer a $65 overnight deal that includes dinner a(from the menu) and a full English breakfast. The bikes can be locked up out the back. Anyone coming from Sydney or Melbourne might consider staying for the night. The RSL is clean and tidy and offers a small menu of meals and a nice dining area (typical RSL really).

The road over from Bombala to Candelo has a few potholes and repaired patches - one or two looked a bit nasty but quite negotiable even at speed. There were probably a few more on the Candelo-Bombala side so if you're joining us G60 just watch the bit between Wyndham and Mt Darragh - there was one bigger one.

We'll leave the meeting and departure arrangements as orginally posted. Could all attending please reconfirm by 9.30pm Friday night. Thanks and see you on Saturday. Should be good as the weather is cooperating.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

Hey, Can you tell me the address of Williamsdale Servo. I am hoping to make this ride. Thanks Boatz

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

Hi Boatz,
Williamsdale is about 20kms south of Canberra on the Monaro Hwy. It consists only of a servo/store so you can't miss it. There is good space on both sides of the road for a group to meet.
Regards,
Ewok
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:44 pm

I have a leave pass :-)

Ewok could you pm me a mobile number just in case the weather is crap Sat morning I will text you if I'm a no show.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:48 pm

Just sent it a few minutes ago 2WA.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Just sent it a few minutes ago 2WA.
Ta mate

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:57 am

Well Gents, I knew it had to be to good to be true. Leave pass approved, time off work before and after, and the weather is looking fantastic..............but the missus then went and blew a seal Shocked , a rear main seal that is! Mad Thankfully its not an engine out, but just as much work. So, with my humble appologies, Im unable to make the Bombala lunch. Bugger Sad Sad Sad Embarassed Embarassed

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

I'll put up a tentative hand up plus 1 at this stage. Things haven't been crash hot around home lately and a good ride might be the ticket. Just need to see if my little brother wants to come along.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

sb1250 wrote:Well Gents, I knew it had to be to good to be true. Leave pass approved, time off work before and after, and the weather is looking fantastic..............but the missus then went and blew a seal Shocked , a rear main seal that is! Mad Thankfully its not an engine out, but just as much work. So, with my humble appologies, Im unable to make the Bombala lunch. Bugger Sad Sad Sad Embarassed Embarassed

Bugger! You mean I have to go past a road side tax collecter twice now?

Anyone else thinking of making this run from Melb Question
I'll be leaving the United servo cnr Foster & York St Sale at 8:15 Sat. Next planned Stop Cann River (240km)

Sale Weather Sat 8 - 24 Bombala 4 - 19 both fine and sunny Smile

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:47 pm

I can confirm that I will NOT be making this run. Crying or Very sad

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next