Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat

+7
Boatz
gus
Grover
grumpy60
Dekenai
Four40
Ewok1958
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat - Page 3 Empty Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 17 May 2011, 8:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guys, I notice not many of us Canberra Bandits have registered an interest for the Neville ride (not you Grover) so I was wondering about the level of interest in a meet, greet and eat ride somewhere Canberra thereabouts. Now the weather has turned Antarctic even though it's supposed to still be Autumn (minus 5 yesterday was a bad sign of the long winter that surely lies ahead of us), but I was thinking of a few ideas so that we can put a bit of flesh to the posters.

A. Simple coffee somewhere local (I don't even drink the stuff but I'm putting it out there as an option), then back to the rest of the weekend commitments.
B. Slightly longer meet and eat involving a local breakfast (ie in the Canberra 'burbs - there are numerous options).
C. Expand on Option b but go a bit further afield, eg Bungendore, Sutton, Gundaroo, Bredbo, etc - still doing a breakfast meet and returning home.
D. Not breakfast at all but lunch ('cause it will have warmed up to at least 5 degrees by then!). But still with all of the above options.
E. Or an even longer, all day ride, (but not overnight) that takes in lunch further out, eg Bemboka, Bateman's Bay, Wagga, Tumut, etc. I don't want an overnighter because the Neville trip is it for me.

What do you guys reckon? I'm out for May and probably the first half of June and then it will be really bloody cold. So, if replying, state a preference for timing, even if it is November (it sure to be a lengthy winter here)! It might be that far off but I'm certainly keen to meet up sooner or later. And besides, the forum doesn't even recognise Canberra as a state ride (not having a go so don't get on the attack)!! pale

With your response I'm happy to be the one to conclude the arrangements (might be called 'trip leader' in our old 4WD club).

Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat - Page 3 Empty Re: Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat

Post  Warwick Sat 16 Jul 2011, 6:40 pm

I enjoyed the ride today and meeting some fellow Canberra Bandit guys. Thanks for organising this Ewok.
Things got a bit confused at the end and my turn off came up and you guys looked like you were heading home - I had wanted to have a "debrief" but I'm sure there will be other rides now that we know each other. Great to see you all!!

Warwick

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat - Page 3 Empty Re: Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 6:54 pm

Sorry about that bit Warwick. Grover, Four440 and myself pulled in at the Chisholm Fire Station to do just that. I had intended to pull over in the bike rider's lane on Isabella Drive to tell you not to turn right but it was full of glass for 100's of metres so I didn't - last thing we needed to do was finish the day's ride with 4 bike's with punctured tyres. What is it with the bloody ACT Greens that they promote push-bike riding and then let that lane get into that state? No way would any sane rider (pushbike or motorcyclist) use it. Let's catch up at some time in the near future.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Warwick Sat 16 Jul 2011, 7:11 pm

That would be good. I'm always available (until August 15 anyway..)

Warwick

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

good ride today, Thanks Ewok for organising. I had some drizzle and a bit heavier at Braidwood. Photos I'll post when I get home.
That was the most Bandits/GSXs I ever rode with as well, so well done ACT

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy60 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:08 pm

Baz wrote:I'm still on.
how far, Moruya but if a fine day comes along and ride is in order I can't rule out lunch at Bermi .. how does Wednesday sound ?
almost good..........if not raining Wed (no lookie too good ) I will be having lunch at Bodalla Dairy Shed with the Ulysses gang...you are most welcome to join in.....Grumpy clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:19 pm

I'll keep an eye on the weather from my end

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:29 pm

How far did you push on Baz? - and did the weather get worse - we finished with no further rain despite the clouds. Glad you could join us.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:46 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:How far did you push on Baz? - and did the weather get worse - we finished with no further rain despite the clouds. Glad you could join us.
It rained heavier at Braidwood but I tucked behind the screen and really didn't get wet. Going down the mountain was wet at the top and dry at the bottom, I'm in Broulee.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:32 pm

i would have loved to join you guys. unfortunately flat out of late.
anyway weather didnt seem to good. was crap this side of town. next time aye cheers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Tue 26 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

Gents

Sorry for the delay in posting, life's been a little hectic with work demands and a sick little fella to look after.

It was a great ride considering the time of year. Hats off to Ewok for making it happen - great work mate and a thorough gentleman to boot. Good to meet Baz, Warwick and Four40 too.

After trying to keep up with Four40 on the gravel tracks in the national park, he should change his forum name to Dakar. I didn't know a gsx1250f could be hussled along in the scrub so well.

I though Baz was going into the scrub on one corner near Bungonia on the way back - a little wide there Baz.

Quote of the Day goes to Four40: I have never dropped my bike. It's been low sided and rear ended, but never dropped.

Looking forward to the next ride.

Cheers

Grover (Ash)

Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:10 pm

I only just got back from the sth coast today. I was held prisoner by the rain & cold weather
Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat - Page 3 IMG_1473

Canberra & Region Riders Meet, Greet & (?) Eat - Page 3 IMG_1477

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

It was a pleasure. I'll definitely be organising another one - perhaps in September so it fits neatly between the Marulan lunch trip and the forthcoming overnighter to Neville. Is mid September too soon? What about the Bombala pub for lunch - perhaps 2WA and Grumpy could join us if the timing suits. Would the following, at ~442kms be too much for a day trip (lunch in the middle of course and a great bit of road to take on the way back)? If 2WA and Grumpy can't make it, we could look at simpler options.

Route

Of course, I will start another thread if it looks like a goer.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy60 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:18 pm

sounds good..............usually do Bombala bike show so I know I can make that distance..............................grumpy clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:52 pm

I can make that trip.

I can do Bombala as well which is on ...19-NOV-2011

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 27 Jul 2011, 9:24 am

Ewok1958 wrote:It was a pleasure. I'll definitely be organising another one - perhaps in September so it fits neatly between the Marulan lunch trip and the forthcoming overnighter to Neville. Is mid September too soon? What about the Bombala pub for lunch - perhaps 2WA and Grumpy could join us if the timing suits. Would the following, at ~442kms be too much for a day trip (lunch in the middle of course and a great bit of road to take on the way back)? If 2WA and Grumpy can't make it, we could look at simpler options.

Route

Of course, I will start another thread if it looks like a goer.

I'm keen. Even if I camp at Cann River I can do Bombala and surrounds I think.
The MIL is coming Sep or Oct so when she makes up her mind I will know for sure.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 11:15 am

Grover wrote:
After trying to keep up with Four40 on the gravel tracks in the national park, he should change his forum name to Dakar. I didn't know a gsx1250f could be hussled along in the scrub so well.
The advantage of a worn rear tyre. I have done a few of those roads before they were roads, so I've found the bandit is pretty stable on the rough stuff, even at 100km/h. Not that I want to push my luck any further. Mind you, the power slide around one of those corners on the dirt track was very satisfying Very Happy
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy60 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:55 pm

Baz..finally made it to Bodalla Cow Shed for lunch..got a call last night.. 8 turned up. pity we missed you. next time??........Grumpy clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:02 pm

Just doing a stocktake - appears we have:

Me
Grover
Rolls - is the bike back together?
Baz
Cameron
G60
2WA ?
K-nine

and maybe a friend I went to WSBK with (John) on an SV650.

Cameron & Baz - it's gonna be a long day for you guys - still OK?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

D'oh - wrong thread!!!!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3