Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar

2 posters

Go down

Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar  Empty Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar

Post  Dekenai Sat 09 Apr 2011, 8:18 pm

Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar  CamberraRiders20-3-11802
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar  Empty Re: Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:17 pm

Dekenai wrote:Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar  CamberraRiders20-3-11802

Nice lean and good shot too.

By the looks of the other 2 bikes you have hit the apex a bit early Question

If you come off you will really regret not having the visor shut............................. Trust me on that Wink

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar  Empty Re: Dekenai @ the Canberra Riders track day Marulan 20 Mar

Post  Dekenai Sun 10 Apr 2011, 9:34 am

Hi Chris,

You may be right, the yellow marker you can just make out about a metre ahead of the front wheel is the line marker and I look to be tracking inside of it, I will try a later apex next time I'm there and see how it works out. It was fairly damp (showers passing through) that day and I had an issue with fogging, but I will heed you advice and put some anti-fog stuff on the visor so that I can keep it down. Overall, things are coming along and I was quite a bit happier with the bike this time around, since fitting the GSX-R radial master cylinder brakes are better and I had much less trouble hauling it up for the slow corners. I have put my money down on the Ohlins USD forks and hope to have them plus the GSX-R radial calipers and front wheel on for the next visit, also, should have changed to Pilot Pures.

Cheers
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 10 Apr 2011, 10:34 am

Dekenai wrote:Hi Chris,

You may be right, the yellow marker you can just make out about a metre ahead of the front wheel is the line marker and I look to be tracking inside of it, I will try a later apex next time I'm there and see how it works out. It was fairly damp (showers passing through) that day and I had an issue with fogging, but I will heed you advice and put some anti-fog stuff on the visor so that I can keep it down. Overall, things are coming along and I was quite a bit happier with the bike this time around, since fitting the GSX-R radial master cylinder brakes are better and I had much less trouble hauling it up for the slow corners. I have put my money down on the Ohlins USD forks and hope to have them plus the GSX-R radial calipers and front wheel on for the next visit, also, should have changed to Pilot Pures.

Cheers

Just thought you should know I didnt mean to sound critical.

Question though. I understand the benifits of radial mounted callipers but cant understand the master cylinder side of it.
I know all sports bikes have them but we're still talking about a piston pushing fluid. How is a RM better?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:05 pm

Hi Chris,

No offence taken, I try to remain open to all observations and am happy to give any suggestion a go.

I'm probably not the best person for a technical analysis, (Damien (Dhula) as our resident bike-techo may care to chip in). From memory the standard B1250 master cylinder is 14mm and the gixxer is 19mm; overall they seem to offer about the same braking power, I put this down to a different balance of mechanical and hydraulic leverage i.e. the RM has less hydraulic and more mechanical leverage, the result of this change in balance seems to better braking feel. In the case of my B1250 this translates to a feeling that it is easier to haul down for the slow corners, as well, some RM units (Brembo's for example) offer an adjustable fulcrum to further fine tune braking feel. It was a bit of an experiment but seeing as how I bought a complete gixxer 1000 K8 system in preparation for the front-end swap I thought I'd give it a go.

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down