Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going to end up in dhula's shed next

+8
Ironman
grumpy60
jaba01
potatomasher
gus
Fossil
Four40
dhula
12 posters

Go down

What is going to end up in dhula's shed next Empty What is going to end up in dhula's shed next

Post  dhula Sat 07 May 2011, 6:55 pm

As you know I'm selling the bandit (and the wife will be letting the GSX650F go as well) and getting some new wheels.
For a bit of fun, feel free to have a guess at what is guna end up in the shed next.

While I have decided, I haven't shaken hands and made a deal yet. That will be happening next week and then there will most likely be the wait while it is delivered.

Here are some that others have suggested but are not it:

Kwaka Z1000 SX
Guzzi
BMW 1600GTL
S1000 RR

Last edited by dhula on Sat 07 May 2011, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

dhula

Back to top Go down

What is going to end up in dhula's shed next Empty Re: What is going to end up in dhula's shed next

Post  Four40 Sat 07 May 2011, 7:22 pm

A Datsun Insult with free complimentary cricket ball in the front seat?

Bikes, I dunno. A Sprint GT
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

What is going to end up in dhula's shed next Empty Re: What is going to end up in dhula's shed next

Post  dhula Sat 07 May 2011, 7:24 pm

Sprint GT
Getting warmish

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossil Sat 07 May 2011, 7:27 pm

VFR 1200 or a Ural Question

Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 07 May 2011, 7:32 pm

Speed triple ,or the other one Street triple is it
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sat 07 May 2011, 7:39 pm

why are u selling the world's most fabbo bike????? and what will we do for mechanical advice?????????????? Crying or Very sad

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Sat 07 May 2011, 8:31 pm

Give us a hint.

Naked or Faired? Question

Dhula you "NEED" one of these!! (rode one this morning, didn't want to give it back!)

What is going to end up in dhula's shed next Z1000s10
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy60 Sat 07 May 2011, 8:39 pm

a NEW SUZUKI BANDIT.... wot else.....................................Grumpy jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 07 May 2011, 8:53 pm

Here comes a hint.

It has 2 wheels
More than 1 cylinder
I took it for a test ride today and was about to return after the 2nd corner to buy it, it just fitted.
Has the same hp output as the bandit (roughly anyway)
Not faired (probably can't really call it a naked tho)
Is a fair bit different to what you are thinking so far
Origins in Hinkley

Last edited by dhula on Sat 07 May 2011, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Sat 07 May 2011, 8:56 pm

M90?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Sat 07 May 2011, 9:19 pm

Triumph Tiger800 or XC800?

Yes good choice

What is going to end up in dhula's shed next 2011-t10

But you still neeed the Z1000 in the garage too!
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 07 May 2011, 10:49 pm

we have a winner.

Probably a bit unexpected but the T800 is for me and will be finding it's way into my shed as soon as I can get it in there.

It's a change in riding direction (kind of) for us but something that's been getting discussions for a while now.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Bandito Sun 08 May 2011, 7:18 am

dhula wrote:Here comes a hint.

It has 2 wheels
More than 1 cylinder
I took it for a test ride today and was about to return after the 2nd corner to buy it, it just fitted.
Has the same hp output as the bandit (roughly anyway)
Not faired (probably can't really call it a naked tho)
Is a fair bit different to what you are thinking so far
Origins in Hinkley

Thunderbird?
What is going to end up in dhula's shed next Thunderbird_2010_overview_510x347

Custom 07 Candy Sonoma Red Bandit 1250S with MetrickMetal PAIR/EVAP system removal kit, custom Super Trapp exhaust and lots of other custom MetrickMetal billet parts and mods. Holeshot Performance stage II with secondaries removed, Race Tech Gold valves, springs and custom Works Performance shock.
IBA #18470

Desert Bandito

http://metrickmetal@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 08 May 2011, 10:08 am

Hav e you definitely test ridden everything you can? I'm not saying they aren't a good bike, it'd just be a shame if you bought the bike and thought I didn't ride X bike.

Good luck with the new ride anyhow. BTW BMW do similar bikes in the 650 and 800 range
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 08 May 2011, 10:58 am

Good luck with the new steed and I'm sorry to say the suggested possibilities only go to show how out of date the Bandit is.
We love the fact its cheap but Suzuki are asking top dollar for what it is compared to other bikes and we'd be foolish to pay any more for it.

Don't get me wrong I love mine, but 3 and a half years on there are a host of other bikes that would be higher up the list than a new Bandit for a test ride.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 08 May 2011, 12:22 pm

I'm happy with my choice of new steed and have ridden what I think is the right bikes for what we want/need out of this change in riding direction.
I did set myself a good and comprehensive list of bikes to start with and then wittled it down using pretty strict criteria.
While I may have wanted the bike after the 2nd corner I was on it for about 30-40 mins (including getting lost) in total in all kinds of roads around where the dealer is. I did highway, side streets, traffic, carparks, a bit of dirt (don't tell the dealer although I'm sure he worked it out) and while the front suspension needs a bit of a tweek to be better for me, it is what I consider the best of the bunch on my final list.

I did test the F650GS and it was neck and neck for a while.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Sun 08 May 2011, 12:52 pm

I don't think you'll regret the Triumph, they're getting great reviews & moving a fair few of them out the dealers door. Triumph seem to have their act together these days & are producing great products.

Dhula I am sure you'll love it.............it will open up a totally different environment to you. Great in the urban environs............can get along very nicley along the highway & ain't scared of dirt roads!

If I was allowed more bikes I would be parking one in my driveway as well, along with a Daytona 675R.......... and a few others of course.

Where's that lotto win when you need it! Sad
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 08 May 2011, 6:20 pm

An adventure-tourer would be on my list as well (as much as I'd like to buy an older project bike). Haven't ridden any of them but I like the concept of getting off road with just a tent and sleeping bag. Hope the T800 works out just right.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down