Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renthal barbraces

+6
Ironman
Reardo
Re-Cycled
2wheelsagain
kewwig
Baz
10 posters

Go down

Renthal barbraces Empty Renthal barbraces

Post  Baz Fri 29 Apr 2011, 7:10 pm

I think bar vibration may have been covered before but its just too hard to find it.

Does anyone know if these would help in reducing bar vibration?
http://www.renthal.com/File/product16c.asp?productid=0&tabtype=3&zone=&biketype=&manufacturer=&model=&bikedate=

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Renthal barbraces Empty Re: Renthal barbraces

Post  kewwig Fri 29 Apr 2011, 7:43 pm

I'd be surprised. There's a bit of chatter about Bar Snake working. People have tried caulking, lead shot etc. I use Oxford Sport heated grips which are thicker than the standard ones and seem to help

(www.barsnake.com)
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 30 Apr 2011, 7:51 am

Do Bandit bars vibrate? Shocked

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 30 Apr 2011, 8:13 am

2wheelsagain wrote:Do Bandit bars vibrate? Shocked

+1

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 30 Apr 2011, 9:11 am

Re-Cycled wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:Do Bandit bars vibrate? Shocked

+1
+2

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 30 Apr 2011, 10:09 am

I visited Terry Hays ShockTreatment yesterday to have my front forks shocked, as well as my wallet. Anyway Terry took the bike for ride and when he came back the 1st thing he said is "you really should do something about the vibration in the handlebars" and I said "vibration?" ... anyway it upsets me when things like that happen, I don't get to ride other bikes very much if at all, I don't know ... do bandit bars vibrate? ..... maybe I should go and test ride some Harleys.

Doesn't matter, I'm not going to get a brace and I'm not going to get a barsnake either, because I figure if any vibration starts to worry me then that means I've been riding for 2-3 hours without a break and I need to stop.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Sat 30 Apr 2011, 2:16 pm

[quote="Baz"]I visited Terry Hays ShockTreatment yesterday to have my front forks shocked, as well as my wallet. Anyway Terry took the bike for ride and when he came back the 1st thing he said is "you really should do something about the vibration in the handlebars" and I said "vibration?" ... anyway it upsets me when things like that happen, I don't get to ride other bikes very much if at all, I don't know ... do bandit bars vibrate? ..... maybe I should go and test ride some Harleys.

Doesn't matter, I'm not going to get a brace and I'm not going to get a barsnake either, because I figure if any vibration starts to worry me then that means I've been riding for 2-3 hours without a break and I need to stop.[/quote]

+1 - if you didn't know your bars vibrated and obviously it didn't bother you - so why "fix" something that someone else reckons you should. It isn't a safety item after all.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 30 Apr 2011, 3:20 pm

Baz wrote:I visited Terry Hays ShockTreatment yesterday to have my front forks shocked, as well as my wallet. Anyway Terry took the bike for ride and when he came back the 1st thing he said is "you really should do something about the vibration in the handlebars" ..

I'd ask Terry what he means. There's high frequency "tingle" that is common to in-line fours. It can be more noticeable if the TBs need syncing or the bike's out of tune. The Bandit has a wee bit, but nothing you'd really comment on and it's smooth for an IL4. There's also vibration you can get from a misaligned front end due to crash damage, a wheel out of balance, tyre damage, wheel bearings, warped discs, loose steering head bearings, a wombat in the forks or something as simple as someone not following the proper sequence when putting the front wheel back on.

In other words there's vibration that's normal, and there's vibration that's not. You'd be noticing the abnormal stuff, I'd say. If unsure, before spending anything, find another Bandit owner and get them to ride your machine.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 30 Apr 2011, 5:23 pm

I've ridden dozens of bikes over the years and all I can say is the Bandit is the smoothest I4 at the bars I have ever ridden or owned.
Maybe something is out of the ordinary but I agree a back to back test of another Bandit will tell you.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Sun 01 May 2011, 2:13 pm

After coming from owning a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport I find the GSX1250FA is smooth as silk. It's all relative.

I'm tempted to agree with the notion that if you didn't notice it before then don't fix it now, but then also think that sometimes we become so used to our bike's quirks that it's not until someone else rides them that a problem is found.

As other's have said, swap bikes with another owner and see if you notice a difference on their bike, and vice versa.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 01 May 2011, 5:41 pm

I took mine for a ride without the bar end weights and there was noticeably more vibration buzz through my gloves. That suggests to me that I wouldn't swap the standard weights for more glamorous ones unless I knew they were at least the same weight.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 01 May 2011, 5:41 pm

Ive been to Terrys Hays as well. Apparently they vibrate. He said the best method to fix it is filling the bar with silicone.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 01 May 2011, 6:39 pm

If you have replaced the stock bar ends with lighter ones I suggets you try the stocks back in. I know that my ST machine 6 shooter bar ends are a fair bit lighter and you do get a bit of buzz through the bars, but nothing to make your hands feel tingly.

A single cylinder dirt bike on the other hand vibrates, especially if it's a 2 stroke Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down