Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep

5 posters

Go down

Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep Empty Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep

Post  Dekenai Thu 23 Sep 2010, 8:04 pm

Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep IMG_8086a

Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep IMG_8114a

Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep IMG_9164a

Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep Empty Re: Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 23 Sep 2010, 9:31 pm

Nice Smile Glad to see you finally put the visor down ... almost Laughing

So how were the rear sets?

Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rear sets)

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep Empty Re: Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep

Post  Reardo Thu 23 Sep 2010, 9:37 pm

Looks like fun mate. got the fastest type of bandit to SILVER lol!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep Empty Dekenai (Peter) @ Canberra Riders MTDC at Marulan 19 Sep

Post  Big Al Fri 24 Sep 2010, 1:39 am

Must have been coming up to the traffic lights ! that's when i pop my visor up!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Fri 24 Sep 2010, 5:53 pm

yeah, did tend to forget, du'oh! No biggie for me as I wear glasses and the track is pretty tight, 140 indicated at the end of the straight with the 17T front sprocket (so probably about 125 actual). Rearsets worked great, though toe sliders still touching but now this is with my arches rather that the ball of my feet on the pegs, so now I don't have to shift my feet for changing gears and operating the rear brake. Still, I can still come up and back a bit more, but this will probably not be an issue till I remove the centre stand.

Cheers
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 24 Sep 2010, 6:17 pm

It was a good day. Only reasons why I didn't partake; I'm still getting used to the extra power and when they announced the weekend, I was originally rostered to work. The next ride day however, I'll be there and the bandits can rule the roost cheers
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Fri 24 Sep 2010, 7:46 pm

Hey Four40, when you are ready come over for a secondaries out day! We'll start with mine and take it from there.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Sat 25 Sep 2010, 2:45 pm

Dekenai wrote:Hey Four40, when you are ready come over for a secondaries out day! We'll start with mine and take it from there.
Being mechanically inept, I tend to get my little brother to do the big stuff. Removing the secondaries does what exactly?
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sat 25 Sep 2010, 3:40 pm

The Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve Sytem (SDTV) consists of a set of four conventional throttle butterfly valves (under rider control) plus an additional secondary set (under the control of the ECU). Suzuki marketing suggests that they improve drive-ability and throttle response but it has been established that they are mainly there for the Euro 3 pollution compliance and to limit engine power. Their operation results in the for the drop off in torque seen at mid to mid-high rpm. Removal of the secondaries is the main feature of the Holeshot stage 2 mod, but it seems that they may be removed from engines in any state of modification with a significant improvements in power without any fuel consumption, drive-ability or reliability drawbacks.

All Bandit forums have large amounts of information concerning secondary removal, and as far as I can tell it's all good. However, I must have my wires crossed with the other Bandit/1250 at the ride day because that rider expressed and interest in doing a secondary-ectomy.

Last edited by Dekenai on Sun 26 Sep 2010, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Sun 26 Sep 2010, 8:40 am

Dekenai wrote: However, I must have my wires crossed with the other Bandit/1250 at the ride day because that rider expressed and interest in doing a secondary-ectomy.
An interest yes, but I like to know the facts and downsides before doing anything mechanically to my bike. I'm still new to riding, only my 3rd year and my first proper big bike, I don't want to cause any issues that may result in a broken bike.

Anyway, days off coming up and I feel a Kangaroo Valley loop or 3 in the air Very Happy
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down