Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Givi luggage

+2
gus
Countess
6 posters

Go down

Givi luggage Empty Givi luggage

Post  Countess Sun 13 Feb 2011, 5:35 pm

Has anyone successfully attached Givi hard luggage (or any other brand) to a Ventura rack? Or even any other soft luggage?

Last edited by Countess on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought of another question)

Countess

Back to top Go down

Givi luggage Empty Re: Givi luggage

Post  gus Sun 13 Feb 2011, 7:02 pm

Dont know if i would be drilling or welding a Ventura rack.They are designed to Ventura bags and that about it. The metal is a bit thin for
any thing more IMHO .I love the things but i try to travel light. Last thing you want gear abandoning ship .Second hand bags are
on e-bay and two zipped together carries a LOT of gear.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thof Sun 13 Feb 2011, 9:23 pm

I believe the swap between such brands is not a consideration nowadays, Givi rack for their gear, ventura similar, racks with bags are probably the only universal fitting. I don't know ventura pricing, but the givi stuff is a tad on the more expensive side. I selected a givi for the range you can fit. I found in the past gearsack and similar quite good, I find for a small putt / work, you can't beat a good back pack...
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 14 Feb 2011, 12:49 am

I have seen where someone has mounted the givi baseplate to the ventura rack so the givi top box is at the rear and then fitted the gear sack so that it sits on the pillion part of the seat.
He couldn't open the lid of the top box all the way tho but it was still well and truly usable

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Mon 14 Feb 2011, 8:25 am

Here is one of the links i looked at a while back. also found people had used the sports ventura rack and used a universal kit to hold there top box on.
i nearly went with this option and even bought the rack but changed my mind at last minute and bought a brand new bag instead

http://www.farriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=608.0

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 14 Feb 2011, 10:57 am

Nice find Holdenman.
Of cause this brings up the topic of handling. On a recent trip across the Snowies i hand a full Ventura bag set up that way (not over the seat )
The higher the speed the worse the weave.I reversed the bag so it was over the seat (although harder to get on and off )the handling
was so much better. I guess touring is about steady speed and there is lots of top boxes behind the back wheel so maybe
convenience is more important ?I can never work out how people fill two side panniers AND a top box.I end up putting extra in a ventura bag
just to fill it up on a three week trip .How many changes of underpants do you need !. Very Happy (A-2)

O.k.with female pillion accepted.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossil Tue 15 Feb 2011, 5:20 pm

[quote="gus" .How many changes of underpants do you need !. Very Happy (A-2)
[/quote]

Depends how fast you ride.

Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down