Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police .do's and dont,s

+6
Reardo
Big Al
b12mick
grumpy60
holdenman
gus
10 posters

Go down

Police .do's and dont,s Empty Police .do's and dont,s

Post  gus Fri 31 Dec 2010, 1:26 pm

A couple of other members (2wa-F\way) have go me thinking about the Do's and dont's when being pulled over by the police .(Started in the topic
Riding in a group) Everyone has there own method of having to deal with it .What we are trying to do is make the end result better not worse.
I've managed to do both, but the last two times I've saved myself $ and points. First the "i'm an idiot story"

Got pulled over for no helmet on my PUSHBIKE .Standing next to the police car ,i'm getting a real serve ,irresponsible,should know better,bad
example ,on it goes.Glancing over to the policeman in the passenger seat i notice him writing out a ticket.I'm not in a good mood anyway so
i'm thinking to myself,if i'm getting a ticket i dont have to put up with the lecture.I've just blurted out ,JUST GIVE ME THE TICKET AND I"LL BE
ON MY WAY.The lecturer looks at me and says O.K. if that's what you want, reaches over the BACK to HIS ticket book and proceeds to write it out.
The passenger was apparently catching up on paperwork and i was just going to get told off.Two years later i still hadn't paid the fine,they came calling,
total cost about $3oo. Serves me right ,i did learn from it though. Embarassed
Here's my method now ,and why, as I've said its saved me $100's and points.Make of it what you will i'm sure it could be improved.

When the policemen gets out of the car ,take note if he has "the book" with him.If he hasnt you might be lucky.If he has your in trouble.
As soon as YOU stop remove your helmet ,its less intimidating and shows your just a normal guy not a1%er.The older you are the better but
there's not much you can do about that.Remove any sunglasses,your not hiding anything.Remove license from wallet ,its hopefully clean and
you dont mind him knowing it.Remember this is done BEFORE he approaches you.
As he's walking towards you make eye contact and be the FIRST to speak ''OFFICER" will make him feel important .By being the first to speak it's
shows you willing to co-operate and not going to be a problem.The last guy he pulled over may have been a real pain ,your looking like an angel
so far.You know if you were speeding so when he says ,clocked you at 120 , i say ,gee i didn't think it was THAT fast .To me that says
"lets talk about this, perhaps we could compromise".
If this hasnt worked and you are still going to get a ticket ,before the pen hits the paper ask if there's any chance if he could knock it down to
the next level.You've been polite ,you'll be surprised how many times they will.(big saving)
If all this has fails and you cop the full amount at least you tried.The hardest part is when he hands you the ticket try not to say "THANKS"
Not saying this is the best way,but its worked for me.

Goy a better way?

gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Police .do's and dont,s Empty Re: Police .do's and dont,s

Post  holdenman Fri 31 Dec 2010, 5:48 pm

We have a cop in town known as the Smiling Assasin.

He is usually good to other bikers as he is a bike himself, but he will smile at you the whole time and then when he is finished will tell you to have a wonderful day.

Gus is right tho. Get the helmet off and be nice and dont argue to much. My father argued last time so he got that ticket and because they wer traffic branch they did a full car check and got him for a couple of defects. you learn from your mistakes i spose

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 31 Dec 2010, 7:52 pm

We had two cops at Phillip Island (1970s).The torchmen because he would wack the kids with it, and send them home.Never had to lock your car.
Then there was one in full uniform who flagged me down at the Anderson turn off with an AXE ."Give me a lift to San Remo or i'll chop you up
with this" .Hop in. affraid

Years later we had one called Cliff Ash because that was his real name ,wrote a poem about him (1975).( pino's is a pizza place.Mike's fish & chips)
---------------------------------------------
We dined at Pino's, no we dined at Mike's.
We drove the car ,no we rode the bikes.
We had ten beers ,no i think it was eight.
We jumped the fence ,no we pushed down the gate
Got arrested by Ernie, no think it was Ash.
Point o five, no possession of hash.
Got ten years probation ,no got off free.
Rolled Cliff a number,and got him out of his tree.
-------------------------------------------

I liked a smoke back in those days. Very Happy Have a good new year everyone,I'll be Sleep How things have changed.

Last edited by gus on Sat 01 Jan 2011, 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy60 Fri 31 Dec 2010, 8:16 pm

Got my licence in 1968 and still clean to this day. Proud of that . My only advice is BE POLITE... in my youth I had a car that just attracted the law .. got pulled up, car checked, licence checked .. was always polite and got "off you go and take care" .... if you carry on like a smart ass they will soon show you how smart they can be. If you really want to get them fired up just tell them they don't know what they are talking about.....works every time!!!! ................Grumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Sun 02 Jan 2011, 10:42 pm

Other than random breath tests I've haven't been pulled over for nearly....you know I can't remember the last time I got pulled over. It must have been in my early 20's (I'm 45 now).

Anyway, my ex brother-in-law was a copper (the old TOG - Traffic Operations Group). His advice to me was (and it used to work) be polite, don't argue, don't lies but don't give to much away either.

Most cops will give you and attitude test, if you pass they will either let you off or reduce the penalty. If you fail they will book you for the offence they have pulled you over for plus whatever else they can think of.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 03 Jan 2011, 8:33 am

I quite like getting pulled over for a breath test.I always see if i can get them 'chatty". Caught any today?,any high readings?,any of them
motorcyclists ?,why this spot?,ect.The older cops normally wont play but the young ones will.Have noticed that if your in a line of cars and
you can get eye contact they will quite often wave you through.Got beaten up by the cops once at a anti apartheid demo but Ive got a bit of
time for them these days.People spitting at them,biting and all the rest of the stuff they have to put up with . My previous next door neighbour
was a young cop and got stabbed while SITTING in his patrol car.Wont even start on the heavy drug problem. Who'd want that job.

We have got these OLD camera cars in QLD now ,have seen a couple of good ones.
Work ute with canopy on back.
Dirty old Torargo with all black windows.
Black Hummer
But the best was a hotted up Lime green Ford ute with a big ALPINE sticker on the back window.(had to laugh rev heads chased it )

I'd like to be a cop for a day. I'd pick up all the 4WDs who think the right hand lane was made JUST for them. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by gus on Mon 03 Jan 2011, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Mon 03 Jan 2011, 8:57 am

Some years back I was driving a bus and a rookie cop tried to wave me in to their BT station.
It was a big articulated bus and the lane was all nicely marked out with witches hats for the cars, a team of Constable's were at the ready!
I ran over about the first 6 hats crushing them out of shape, then a Sargent started yelling at me telling me getthef..outathere!
I ran over anther 6 pulling out and got a couple caught between the duells that got spat out some k's down the track!
I noticed in my mirrors the Sargent saying something to the young cop who had his head down looking at the ground while the Sargent gesticulating wildly! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 03 Jan 2011, 9:00 am

lol!
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Mon 03 Jan 2011, 3:00 pm

Big Al wrote:Some years back I was driving a bus and a rookie cop tried to wave me in to their BT station.
It was a big articulated bus and the lane was all nicely marked out with witches hats for the cars, a team of Constable's were at the ready!
I ran over about the first 6 hats crushing them out of shape, then a Sargent started yelling at me telling me getthef..outathere!
I ran over anther 6 pulling out and got a couple caught between the duells that got spat out some k's down the track!
I noticed in my mirrors the Sargent saying something to the young cop who had his head down looking at the ground while the Sargent gesticulating wildly! lol!
lol! lol! lol!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 03 Jan 2011, 6:23 pm

I was flagged down for the first time ever on the bike coming home from work today. I asked the young bird if she really wanted to bretho me. Her partner chimed in with we don't do many bikes (i know that!) but she's stopped you now. She asked if she could do it with the lid on. I said no I'm getting off. Meanwhile he's still pulling cars in. So I kill the engine, put the side stand down, get off, remove gloves, remove lid then say I haven't had a drink since Christmas. She says I could have mentioned that earlier. I blow in the machine and she walks off without saying anything to do the 15 or so cars waiting for her.
I don't think she'll be pulling a bike up soon. Wink
I have nothing against RBT's and despise drink drivers but her time could have been better spent.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 03 Jan 2011, 7:06 pm

And when you got pulled over you said under your breath ,"this is bloody Gus's fault for starting that stupid police post" right? Wink
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 03 Jan 2011, 8:00 pm

gus wrote:And when you got pulled over you said under your breath ,"this is bloody Gus's fault for starting that stupid police post" right? Wink
lol its actually the 3r
time in about 4 weeks. The others were in the car and work Hilux.

No harm done.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Mon 03 Jan 2011, 10:10 pm

Yeah , tax payers money well spent. Excellent policing, instead of pulling people over that appear to be driving erratically or some other noticable problem, let's just pull over a whole lot of innocent citizens just driving along doing the right thing. And it's ok because they just pull the bullshit safety card and quote DD figures. 99 percent of the people they are stopping are not doing anything wrong, it's crap. I think drink driving is bad and it shouldn't be done but I should be able to drive around without being pulled over by the police, unless I am doing something wrong. Anyway end of rant.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  k nine Sat 22 Jan 2011, 6:12 pm

got pulled over doing 150 in a 100 zone ( in a car ), when the officer asked if I knew how fast I was going I said" not till I noticed you " then added that I was a fool and he is only doing his job. He did the computer check on my liceince and booked me for doing 112 in a 100 zone, with the advice to request an official caution instead of a fine. I got off......... lot to be said for being polite and having grey hair
k nine
k nine

Back to top Go down

Police .do's and dont,s Empty Police Do's and Dont's

Post  aussiejay Sun 23 Jan 2011, 10:07 pm

20+ years ago when I was considerably younger and definitely more stupid I learnt first hand a couple of big don'ts.
1. Never believe your mate that he's sober enough to drive when you've both been drinking for several hours and give him the keys to your SA registered car in NSW.
2. Apparently when asked by a policeman if "you've had anything to drink tonight?" answering with "I haven't had a c#$t all night drinkstable" is not an appropriate answer Twisted Evil and then trying to get out of the car at his request with your seat belt still done up only confirms that you should definitely not be operating a motor vehicle.
aussiejay
aussiejay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down