Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sill dont get it .

4 posters

Go down

Sill dont get it . Empty Sill dont get it .

Post  gus Sun 31 Jul 2011, 4:00 pm

Since 2WA thinks my fan light sucks (in joke Razz ) and i really like it ,i started to think what everybody else likes and i dont get .
What came up first was this power commander ,Tfi or in other words those "magic boxes ".After riding my bike today i dare anyone to ride it and say
"gee ,the fueling is poor and lacks power doesn't it ?"Its stock no secondaries though.
I just carnt see why anyone would think it needs one unless they have done something and made a good motor worse .
Could it be we are stuffing thing up and then using a p.c. to try and fix it up ?
I have to say the marketing is so good they almost make you think a power commander is a MUST .They certainly seem finicky and expensive to buy
and set up .
At the moment i thinking marketing better than product ,no ?????
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Sill dont get it . Empty Still don't get it

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

So, your telling me that you don't have an FI tuner of any description?
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Sill dont get it . Empty Re: Sill dont get it .

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 31 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

I know you're joking but to clarify I don't think the light tells you anything you don't already know Smile

I agree with you in theory about PC but the Bandit mill is low spec that would probably run on kero. A high spec/speed mill that has to squeeze through emissions testing benifits through after market tweeking.
I'm sure a "liberated" Bandit mill will see some gains.
Marketing? Yes. Like the iPhone/iPod brainwashing.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 31 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

PCIII here.. you don't need it, but if you want optimal fuelling then you'll buy one.

At the end of the day us pioneers who were early adopters of the TFI/PCIII black box and other mods have found most of the problems with surging etc are around the secondaries and gear sensor. The black boxes do help to a degree though. At least I can plug in my laptop and see a little of whats going on with the bike and modify the mapping if I like.

Also once you start adding headers, opening the air box etc you'll be getting closer to the point of breaking something with the stock fuelling.

Not trying to knock what you are saying Gus, but sometimes once you start spending money on go fast bits a fuel controller becomes a must I reckon.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 31 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

I'm telling you i dont have a tuner of any description .I tried a K&N filter but thought it was better with the paper one so took it out .
The way it runs at the moment ,well its as close to perfect as i'll ever get .Thats why i'm not getting the tuner thing .

I agree Reddog once you start adding go fast bits THEN i see the sence because you have changed the fueling .
Its the 'A new bike please ,and fit a commander before i pick it up "because ALL bikes are crap without one mentality i'm confused by .
My Aprilia HAD 2 flat spots and 2 hold on spots from new.(fixed with a new CHIP ) A P.C there i would understand .But the Bandit is so smooth
and linear in power i dont see the point .Unless you are after perfection and dont mind paying for it .I guess i'm not THAT fussy .

Certain bikes yes , The Bandit well ,no thanks .
My thought only and i know bugger all about the techno parts of bikes so there is a good chance i'm wrong. (or not ) Very Happy
Hell ,ALL the mags say i need one and they wouldnt lie would they. Razz

You wait till i show you the nice little chrome light 2WA then you'll be begging for one . Razz
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 31 Jul 2011, 6:49 pm

So the Aprilia needed a new chip which is essentially what the PCIII and others do. How much did the Aprilia chip cost? or was it a freebie?

My bike used to be a bit snatchy off the bottom end, add PCIII with a tune and all good. Haven't had it retuned since the headers etc, but I reckon it'll be even better again with a tune to suit the headers.

Gus I am with you, I like Bang for buck mods, but sometimes you do need to spend the money. I come from a back ground of overclocked gaming PC's so the same thoughts go with the bike. As long as you keep a lid on the money spent or you may as well have bought a better bike to start with.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 31 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

Need ,thats hard to say as the dealer had it set up like a dogs breakfast and i knew no better.I loved it the way it was the chip has made it more
civilised so i " guess" its better .Do miss that rush at 5,500 and 7 though . Chip was $80 del from Roma .Plug and play .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down