Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warranty Issues

+5
gus
dhula
Cameron
2wheelsagain
tj1
9 posters

Go down

Warranty Issues Empty Warranty Issues

Post  tj1 Mon 28 Sep 2009, 5:51 pm

Was wondering if any of you here have had warranty claims on your Bandits in say the first 10,000km, did you have any problems that required a claim?

The reason I ask is that my Bandit is due for its 6000km service and I was toying with the idea of servicing it myself as I am reasonably mechanically minded.

Because once I service it myself the 2 year warranty (of which there is one left) will disappear.

Thanks
tj1
tj1

Back to top Go down

Warranty Issues Empty Re: Warranty Issues

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 28 Sep 2009, 5:56 pm

tj1 wrote:Was wondering if any of you here have had warranty claims on your Bandits in say the first 10,000km, did you have any problems that required a claim?

The reason I ask is that my Bandit is due for its 6000km service and I was toying with the idea of servicing it myself as I am reasonably mechanically minded.

Because once I service it myself the 2 year warranty (of which there is one left) will disappear.

Thanks

Dont be tight mate Shocked I think my 6000 cost $150 and I happily paid that to continue the warranty. Laughing

I put in a claim for the burnt cat converter (posted elsewhere here) and had that changed without a hitch.
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  tj1 Mon 28 Sep 2009, 6:00 pm

Trouble is I am tight, and I dont like the thought of someone else touching my bike in sensitive places! but you may be right, for the sake of $150 its piece of mind to have the warranty for another 8-10 months I suppose.
tj1
tj1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 28 Sep 2009, 6:05 pm

Im the same. Only i service my bikes.
Im a car mechanic...and we see warranty claims approved all the time even when they havnt been to a dealership in their life.
Im sure if you jump up and down about an issue, it will be sorted...Companies dont want unhappy customers.
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 28 Sep 2009, 6:05 pm

tj1 wrote:Trouble is I am tight, and I dont like the thought of someone else touching my bike in sensitive places! but you may be right, for the sake of $150 its piece of mind to have the warranty for another 8-10 months I suppose.

You also cant under value a good relationship with a good bike shop. Never know when you'll need them to go that bit further for you.
The trick is finding a good shop. I found one. They're a team blue shop but still look after me.
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  tj1 Mon 28 Sep 2009, 8:50 pm

There is only one reasonable shop here in town as well, and reasonable is the key word here.

If I had warranty claims I would probably take it the 130km to the place I purchased it.
tj1
tj1

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 28 Sep 2009, 9:03 pm

if you service it yourself using Suzuki filters and good quality oil that meats the recommended oil as per the owners manual your warranty should not be voided
keep the receipts for oil, filters etc etc and all should be fine.

warranty does not rely on a suzuki dealer (or stealer in some cases) doing the servicing.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 18 Jan 2011, 10:40 am

When i bought my bandit the dealer tried to sign me up for a 2 year extended warranty .Can'T remember how much bit it was in
the $100s .I was on a real tight budget and had no intention of ever taking the bike back for any services preferring to do it myself .Knew i was taking a risk ,but
after owning 4 new Suzuki's before i was confident. Couldn't see the motor "blowing up" and a fork seal,I'll do that thank you.
I get a bit funny about where my bike sleeps overnight .I might not want to use it,but i wont to know its their .
If i still have a warranty (time or valid ) its just about up,so with no problems it worked out for me .(luckily)
Definitely NOT recommending this ,its just the way i went.I am mechanically comfortable (not electronic side )so that helped.
Be interested to hear if anyone took out the extra 2 year warranty, and if the thought it was value.Peace of mind would have to be a bonus.
Would you do the same next time ? Did i take a unacceptable risk ? Has the been many claims?Is there a certain part that we need to
keep an eye on, like oil sight glass ? OR as someone said a warranty is next to useless?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:06 pm

I can't speak for the new 1250's but the only issues I've had with my 1200 were caused by user error and a dodgy Macadam front tyre.

Unless things have changed again you don't need to go to a dealer for servicing. However, you do need to have your warranty/service card stamped by a qualified/authorised mechanic.

If you're unlucky and need to make a warranty claim you may not have much success if you've done the servicing yourself.

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:44 pm

Was told to keep receipts for oil and filters .Dont think they would be to impressed with photos of me checking shims though.
The bandit got 32,000 on it now and never been into the dealers so i think its safe to say my warranty is gone.(nearly up any way)
What makes me ask this question is on my other bike (tuono) they wanted to change the fork seals,leaking or NOT every 15,000kls.
Its now got 60,000 on it with original seals no problems.How much have i saved there but once again would it have stuffed the warranty.?
6yrs old now so i dont have to worry,i can think of all the money i saved (on fork seals anyway).
Its like buying a s\hand car these days.Ten year warranty as along as we can over charge you for every service you must have.
Being a bit hard on them am it? Second hand car dealers lets face it .I had one try to sell me a van one day.Said it belonged to a furniture
bloke who needed a bigger van wanted $4000. He took me to see it,rust everywhere, covered ,Complete unregitable ,flat tyred rust bucket.
I walked around the back of it and could see where some stickers had been ripped off. Moved around so i could read the glue left on.
MOOLOOLABA BEACH HIRE.Furniture van yeah right. No wonder it was rusty.I would not have taken it for 5 cents .Needs a bit of a touch up,he said.Not the only one

I think i've ryled myself up here.Buy Tuono,one week later battery stuffed ask for new one.No problems they say,that will be $165 thanks affraid
Your f---n kidding me.Sorry no warranty on battery's. I now hitting the computer keys quite HARD.

Also when it was delivered 3 of the pinch bolts on the bottom of the forks were just put into the holes and not tightened at all.
i rode it home like that before i noticed. No wonder i have dealer issues.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 19 Jan 2011, 12:31 am

Go to a dealership if you have no clue. I've done all my own servicing after getting stitched up $200 for an oil change on the first service. They did wash it though hahaha

3 and a bit years & 27000k later and I am glad I do it myself. Just get Suzuki filters and use a quality oil like Belray Semi synth.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 19 Jan 2011, 9:46 am

Someone ELSE washing my bike ! affraid I know,its strange. Shocked
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Wed 19 Jan 2011, 11:59 am

gus wrote:Someone ELSE washing my bike ! affraid I know,its strange. Shocked

Mate if somone else didn't wash my bike it'd only get washed once maybe twice a year.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 19 Jan 2011, 12:44 pm

Sounds like my G\friends bike .She says, if i cook you a really nice dinner ,would you mind washing my bike.

O.k.then but you owe me. Very Happy

Seems like there is no in between.Either like it or loath it.

The car on the other hand doesnt know what a hose looks like.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  matt Mon 07 Mar 2011, 7:34 pm

just had 6000k service $280 later but i wanted the mapping done that they owned me and some elect work to. if you do the work yourself warranty is void get it stamped by a mechanic no worries .
ive had 1 claim battery died after 3 months replaced no hassels and no cost batteries do have warranty 12 to24 months
matt
matt

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 07 Mar 2011, 7:55 pm

Personally i think they make it up as they go along. I got a battery claim denied (Aprilia) but was told i could do the oil changes myself on the Bandit.
Maybe if you pay for all your services (which i didnt ) they will look after you better .According to my manual 6000 service is oil change and
check things .$280 not bad work if you can get it. Not having a go at you Matt (welcome ) if you want to keep your warranty i guess there
in no other way.I said stuff the warranty and did all the work myself .Out of warranty now so it worked out .(luckily)
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Warranty Issues Empty Warranty Issues

Post  Badger Tue 08 Mar 2011, 10:33 am

Hey Matt,

who did you get to do your service? Jordens?
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down