Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

warranty...how long is it?..might need it

4 posters

Go down

warranty...how long is it?..might need it  Empty warranty...how long is it?..might need it

Post  Tommo1965 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:51 pm

I think my starter has shit it self...the bike will start with a bump..and indicators and everything else works fine..so I dont think its the battery....but when I go to hit the starter,,nothing happens..just dims the headlight to nought ...but all the other lights stay lit and bright as, so I don't reckon its the battery... don't think a fuse would do that either

firstly how long is the warranty on the 1250 bandit....and is it transferable...Ive just got the bike from the first owner...its a 2008 but first registered as a new bike from the dealer in 2010..so I take it the warranty applies from then ?

anyone else had starter issues?..or is this bad luck on my part

Tommo1965

Back to top Go down

warranty...how long is it?..might need it  Empty warranty...how long is it?..might need it

Post  paul Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:01 pm

Type in starter clunk into the search box at the top & have a read . warranty is for 2 years

The interesting thing is 4wa has a 2008 model as well / maybe a bad batch of starters / there are a lot that haven`t had a problem .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

warranty...how long is it?..might need it  Empty Re: warranty...how long is it?..might need it

Post  Tommo1965 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:33 pm

Cheers for the info paul,ill check it out

Tommo1965

Back to top Go down

warranty...how long is it?..might need it  Empty Re: warranty...how long is it?..might need it

Post  madmax Mon 09 Jan 2012, 5:53 am

Your warranty is 2 years unlimited k's from when the bike first left the shop. It is transferable to new owners inside that period.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo1965 Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:21 am

cheers Max

Tommo1965

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Mon 09 Jan 2012, 7:38 pm

Under NZ law there is the Consumer Guarantees Act, which effectively says that goods must be of acceptable quality, which includes durability "as a reasonable consumer fully acquainted with the state and condition of the goods, including any hidden defects, would regard as acceptable, having regard to—
(f) the nature of the goods:
(g) the price (where relevant):
(h) any statements made about the goods on any packaging or label on the goods:
(i) any representation made about the goods by the supplier or the manufacturer:
(j) all other relevant circumstances of the supply of the goods."

In other words, a manufacturer cannot hide behind a warranty if an item unreasonably fails, and I regard a starter failing in 2 years on a well maintained and low k bike as unacceptable. It's being tested more and more with people in NZ challenging the offers to purchase "extended warranties" when there are rights enshrined in law. Our small claims system means companies cannot use lawyers to fight cases under about $5,000 and it's worth pursuing.

The Australian Consumer Law came into effect on 1 Jan 2011, providing one national law to protect consumers. It says in essence that "All products must be safe, durable, free from defects, fit for purpose, acceptable in appearance, match its description and match any sample or demonstration model. See Section 54 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

Worth investigating further if dealers give you the run around when durable components fail unreasonably
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down