Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping my old Rossi's alive

Go down

Keeping my old Rossi's alive  Empty Keeping my old Rossi's alive

Post  Chook Thu 28 Jan 2021, 5:42 pm

I had my old faithful Rossi 811 boots resoled with OEM soles 2 or 3 years ago, the uppers are in awesome condition but the soles were gone back then. I was extremely happy with the resole and the boots still have lots of life left but they were getting uncomfortable to walk any further than 10 or 15 meters.
I went looking locally for some decent inner soles to give them a try but no one seemed to stock anything larger than size 11, I'm a 13.

I jumped on line yesterday and found these in Brisbane, at $34.95 a bit pricier than what I'd seen in Adelaide but they do come with a full money back, 90 day satisfaction guarantee even if trimmed to size.

I bit the bullet and ordered them about 1:00 pm yesterday, at 2:20 today I walked outside to find them leaning on my front door.

Out came the old, and in with the new, I've been for a walk and to put it mildly, they are awesome, I now have the most comfortable MC boots to walk in that I've ever worn

It's a shame Rossi still don't make these (were made locally 4km from home) as I have no idea what I'll downgrade to when they are worn out.

About $300 in 2008, + $25 for 1 zip replacement, $120 for purchase of soles and fitting and now $35 for inner soles, after nearly 13 years still the best $480 I've ever spent on bike gear

If anyone has good boots that are getting a bit hard underfoot, give these a go

https://footlogics-shop.com.au/orthotics/orthotic-insoles/

Keeping my old Rossi's alive  Footlogics
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down