Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erratic starting.

4 posters

Go down

Erratic starting. Empty Erratic starting.

Post  ringydodds Fri 04 May 2018, 3:59 pm

Hello people. I have a 2010 1250s bandit with 26000 k`s on it.I bought it new. The problem-When i go to start it the tacho spins up and i can hear the fuel pump spool up-all perfectly normal, then i press the button and nothing-press it again and it starts and runs normally. Now i notice it does this when i pull up after a ride and restart . The headlight shows normally on the shed wall and doesn`t vary at all when revved a bit.Is the battery trying to tell me something or is there a relay thingy somewhere being naughty?

ringydodds

Back to top Go down

Erratic starting. Empty Re: Erratic starting.

Post  reddog Sat 05 May 2018, 10:58 am

Starters have been known to crap themselves on the 1250s. I'd try charging the battery before getting too carried away with anything else.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 05 May 2018, 11:03 am

Does your neutral light play up ............if so it may be a faulty neutral sensor . could also be a dicky starter switch or a faulty electrical connection somewhere , or it could be the start of, & you wouldn't be the first, to have their starter motor magnets come unglued .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  ringydodds Sat 05 May 2018, 11:21 am

Thanks for your replies.Seeing it`s a 2010 model i have ordered a new battery online.It still starts OK,so fingers crossed.I`ll start with the easy things before i get the rum bottle out.

ringydodds

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 08 May 2018, 7:08 am

The dud starter issues isn’t exactly like that and it mainly effected 07 to very early 08 models and they produced a real crack when the button was pressed. It it’s cranking ok it’s likely to be elsewhere in the system. As usual start with the battery after checking all connections.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  ringydodds Tue 08 May 2018, 9:02 am

Thanks for the information about the startermotor.I shall check the clutch and sidestand cutout switches as well.It won`t be much i`m sure.

ringydodds

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down