Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just had my forks rebuilt

3 posters

Go down

Just had my forks rebuilt  Empty Just had my forks rebuilt

Post  Greg62 Fri 01 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm

I have had my 2004 1200 Bandit for about two years now and I have noticed over that time that the front end was getting worse (softer).

So I bit the bullet and had them upgraded yesterday.

I had them done by RG3 suspension in Thornton.  The owner of the business and suspension guru is Jay Forman who up until recently ran the Suzuki motocross team.  He did this for 8 continuous years.

So he knows his stuff.  

I have had a few other suspension firms tell me that there is not much they can do with the forks other than new springs and a gold valve emulators, with the total cost being around $600.00

However after speaking with Jay, he assured me that he could work his magic with the internal shims and gain some better control.

I installed the forks yesterday afternoon and the results are awesome, no more diving under brakes, nice and firm, but controlled, a far greater confidence in the front end whilst cornering and I can only assume it is going to be a lot better two up.

All up it set me back $475.00

So if you are considering upgrading your suspension, Jay is the man to see.  I have no connection with his business other than to promote talent and a fair deal.

If you need to contact him you can get him on his mobile,  0438789839

Back to top Go down

Just had my forks rebuilt  Empty Re: Just had my forks rebuilt

Post  Bosco15 Fri 01 Apr 2016, 3:09 pm

Great news about a good result. More fun out of the same bike. 
It's always nice to hear about a quality technician providing great service.
Good on you, Greg, for giving him a plug.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 01 Apr 2016, 3:37 pm

Top result for the right readies. Always good to promote a pro that knows their stuff.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down