Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mesh panel inside airbox - how to get it in and out without stuffing it up?

3 posters

Go down

Mesh panel inside airbox - how to get it in and out without stuffing it up? Empty Mesh panel inside airbox - how to get it in and out without stuffing it up?

Post  Ironman Wed 25 Nov 2015, 6:00 pm

Pretty easy one. The Gen 1 & 2 both have this gauze panel fitted into the airbox.
Presumably to stop birds and small children being sucked into the engine under full throttle conditions after punching a hole through the air cleaner  Laughing .

How does one remove it and get it back in without using brute force and ignorance and ruining it or is it like the pig snout intake tube everyone throws away?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Mesh panel inside airbox - how to get it in and out without stuffing it up? Empty Re: Mesh panel inside airbox - how to get it in and out without stuffing it up?

Post  #Tag Thu 26 Nov 2015, 10:19 am

OK - I'm game to go in chin first (I just love a chance to display my ignorance Wink )

What mesh panel? - AFAIK stock Bandit airboxes of any model don't have a mesh screen.

If it was an airbox mod by previous owner with mesh installed to think of the childrens then removal is by whatever method you can come up with.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Mesh panel inside airbox - how to get it in and out without stuffing it up? Empty Re: Mesh panel inside airbox - how to get it in and out without stuffing it up?

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 26 Nov 2015, 10:59 am

There`s one simple way to answer this..

If you want it out, you destroy it.

You want to save it, leave it where it is.

I got mine out on my Gen2.  Give it a shape hit with a hammer, or instrument of choice, then it collapses, and rip it out.

You can`t remove them, as their molded into the airbox.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Thu 26 Nov 2015, 11:10 am

The screens inside the humpy part of the airbox lid, is it, Mtb?
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 26 Nov 2015, 11:20 am

#Tag wrote:The screens inside the humpy part of the airbox lid, is it, Mtb?

Its part of the main body, that covers the rubber venturis.

When they glue/bond the two halves of the main body together, they have put this piece of mesh between them,
which is recessed on a rebate, so it can be smack out without breaking the bonded halves.

Oh, and to smack it out, you want the airbox out of the bike. Don`t do it in situ.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down