Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delkevic slip-on

+2
moto1
Kiwisteve
6 posters

Go down

Delkevic slip-on Empty Delkevic slip-on

Post  Kiwisteve Wed 18 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

I saw the Delkevic threads here, & was just woundering how you guys with them fitted are going with them?
Has anyone here got a fast Bandit (a red one Laughing ) with a C/F can on it? If so I would like to see a pic of it.
Cheers, Steve
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Delkevic slip-on Empty Re: Delkevic slip-on

Post  moto1 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:50 am

Hey Kiwisteve i bought 1 a few months back and initially i was very disapointed to find out that the carbon fibre had not been treated with protective lacquer so i had to do it myself by spraying acrylic gloss on it a few times i guess thats what you get for buying low cost stuff other than that first prob its been a great can, so be warned tnat if you go for the carbon one there is a good chance the carbon will be raw
moto1
moto1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:40 pm

ok, thanks for that SB. I think I'm leaning toward the stainless one anyway, I like the shiney stuff
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  quizguy Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:06 pm

I go the tri oval one and its great.. easy to fit and sounds great.. I leave my baffle in and I think it sounds great without attracting too much attention
Delkevic slip-on P1060519

quizguy

http://www.scorpioduo.com/   http://www.triviashow.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:46 pm

Yep, looks good qg, how long have you had it?
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  quizguy Fri 20 Apr 2012, 8:14 am

Kiwisteve wrote:Yep, looks good qg, how long have you had it?
I have only done about 1000Ks with the pipe, but it was easy to fit , it arrived the day after I bought it online, the distributer is close by, finish is great , it was reasonably priced at about $370, They sound is good too. I havent done the pair removal as many have , but I like the little crackle at over run.

quizguy

http://www.scorpioduo.com/   http://www.triviashow.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  geekay007 Tue 08 May 2012, 12:49 pm

I got one from the states for $277 shipped. Sounds great and looks good too. Mine's the oval 450mm can.

TFi
Arrow full exhaust
Delkevic can
TRE set to 5th gear
Fork Brace
afro
geekay007
geekay007

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Tue 08 May 2012, 8:06 pm

geekay007 wrote:I got one from the states for $277 shipped. Sounds great and looks good too. Mine's the oval 450mm can.

Sounds good geekay, you got it fitted yet? Mine arrived yesterday, also a oval 450mm can, I went with the stainless one. Should get to fit it up this w/e Very Happy
I ordered mine locally & it landed on my doorstep for about the $290 ish mark
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  geekay007 Wed 09 May 2012, 1:26 pm

Yeah I ordered it in January and it arrived within the week from the US supplier on ebay. I installed a TRE at the same time and those two mods alone made a big difference. After that I went for the K&N airfilter, airbox mod and TFi and secondary removal which took it to the next level.
The TRE made a big difference in the bottom 3 gears but not in overall power.

TFi
Arrow full exhaust
Delkevic can
TRE set to 5th gear
Fork Brace
afro
geekay007
geekay007

Back to top Go down

Delkevic slip-on Empty Slip On

Post  bighamms Thu 10 May 2012, 5:51 am

geekay007 wrote:After that I went for the K&N airfilter, airbox mod and TFi and secondary removal which took it to the next level. The TRE made a big difference in the bottom 3 gears but not in overall power.

hey geekay, i'm new to the forum and to the bandit series of bikes. I just bought a 600s. Looking to make some mods and found this forum while trying to replace my current exhaust (D&D which is really kind of loud and less than sporty). Can you explain some of the mods you listed above and how they impacted performance. thanks

bighamms

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 10 May 2012, 6:08 am

bighamms wrote:
geekay007 wrote:After that I went for the K&N airfilter, airbox mod and TFi and secondary removal which took it to the next level. The TRE made a big difference in the bottom 3 gears but not in overall power.

hey geekay, i'm new to the forum and to the bandit series of bikes. I just bought a 600s. Looking to make some mods and found this forum while trying to replace my current exhaust (D&D which is really kind of loud and less than sporty). Can you explain some of the mods you listed above and how they impacted performance. thanks

Hi Bighamms. Would you like to introduce yourself properly before jumping in . Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  bighamms Thu 10 May 2012, 6:31 am

Hammy wrote:Hi Bighamms. Would you like to introduce yourself properly before jumping in . Very Happy

Ummmm, ok. My name is Rob. I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners and books about human emotion... Smile Alright, alright. Here's the skinny. I've been wrenching on bikes for the last 4+ years. I am really into 70 era Japanese bikes. I have built a few cafe racers and a bobber. I recently came across a craigslist deal on a 2003 Suzi gsf600. I originally bought the bike as a commuter, but really like the way it rides. The kid in me can't help but tinker. So i thought i would change out the exhaust (looking for a slip on), will be taking off the front fairing to give it more of a streetfighter look. I've have read that changing out the sprockets can breath a bit of life into these bikes. Geekay had mentioned some airbox and TRE (not sure what this is) mods. Basically just looking for suggestions/options.

bighamms

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 10 May 2012, 6:51 am

Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Delkevic slip-on Empty Hi Rob

Post  geekay007 Thu 10 May 2012, 10:14 pm

You mentioned it's a 600. Not sure about the TRE for that one. A TRE is basically a timing retard eliminator. Most bikes these days retard (delay the firing of the spark plugs) by several degrees in order to soften the power delivery in the bottom 3 or 4 gears. The TRE will over-ride this and fool the bike into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time so that the maximum advance is set on the ignition. Not sure if it works on the carbie bikes, but you can always get an ignition advancer. The TFi box won't be applicable cause your bike's got the carbies. The TFi is like a Power Commander and works with fuel injected bikes in giving the engine some extra juice by increasing the interval during which the injector opens up. Either way you can still go for a K&N air filter, the airbox mod (rip a dirty big hole in the top of the airbox), then go for a slip-on pipe and a jet kit for your carbies. You can probably find a lot of guys on here who have experience with that. My mate is planning to get a 600 soon and I was going to get parts for him from holeshot.com. If you send an email to the owner Dale Walker, he'll give you some advice. First off you might wanna check out what some of the guys here say, who own the older carbie bikes. You might be able to get the same stuff locally at a cheaper price.
Good luck and welcome to the jungle! elephant

TFi
Arrow full exhaust
Delkevic can
TRE set to 5th gear
Fork Brace
afro
geekay007
geekay007

Back to top Go down

Delkevic slip-on Empty Airbox Mods

Post  bighamms Sat 12 May 2012, 12:04 am

@geekay.... thank you sir. I am going to do a little research on the airbox mod. I have built a few older bikes and have eliminated the airbox all together, opt'ing for pod filters. But that usually creates other issues. I do like the idea of keeping the stock airbox intact and just modd'ing is slightly. I'll do a little research

bighamms

Back to top Go down

Post  geekay007 Sat 12 May 2012, 10:47 am

You are welcome Rob. I realise now that you are from the USA. holeshot.com, is based in Nevada so the parts should be cheaper to send to you.
Good luck and keep us posted.

TFi
Arrow full exhaust
Delkevic can
TRE set to 5th gear
Fork Brace
afro
geekay007
geekay007

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content