Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

airbox and filter

3 posters

Go down

airbox and filter Empty airbox and filter

Post  potatomasher Tue 29 Sep 2009, 8:20 pm

Can someone fill me in here - if you take the top off the airbox so you can see the top of the filter, is the part you can see where the air goes in, or does it go from the bottom up? ....ie is the side you can see when you open it the side that should be getting dirty. i ask because i cant work it out from the manual and also I gave up trying to unplug the fuel pump wires or whatever they are from under the tank [even though i was pressing the catch on the connector]
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

airbox and filter Empty Re: airbox and filter

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 29 Sep 2009, 9:41 pm

I don't know about the 1250 but on the 1200 you are looking at the dirty side of the filter, the input is the rubber trumpet thing in the back of the box, unless you removed it to let more air in Smile regarding the connector some on my bike you have to lift the tab to release it. Hope this helps.
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmaxhall Wed 30 Sep 2009, 5:04 pm

Re-cycled is correct in that the airbox lid is the dirty side of the filter. The intake trumpet is at the lower-rear of the lid so that it sucks the air from just underneath the battery.

To remove the fuel electrical connector, push down on the tab, but the plug is tight to remove from the socket. (I always use a little "inox" (WD-40 style electrical spray) on the connector when I reassemble it)
To remove the fuel line, push in both of the blue "buttons" and pull it from the tank. Some fuel will spill so be careful.

Hope this helps.
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down