Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake Upgrade

4 posters

Go down

Brake Upgrade Empty Brake Upgrade

Post  Buck Sun 12 Sep 2010, 8:47 pm

Hi All
Going to try and get some more oomph from the stoppers after a spirited ride today and first thoughts go
to chucking a set of Hel braided lines on. Looking at the Suzi 1200 in the shed its rubber lines for the front go to a juction and then other lines take it to the calipers. Braided ones off the ebay are just 2 lines direct from bars to calipers. I have done this before to a old kwaka trackie with instant results yet always wonder why the factories have the extra plumbing in front brake lines? Anyone know?
Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Brake Upgrade Empty Re: Brake Upgrade

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 13 Sep 2010, 9:41 am

Don’t know why they are plumbed differently but probably something to do with better equalising line pressures.
Part of the Bandit brake problem is to do with the soft front end. As in while the forks compress under braking the retardation is minimal. I intend to fit braded lines but will be doing that as part of a fork oil and valve mod. If nothing else the Bandit makes you set up for corners early. Slower in faster out still works for me.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  stretch Mon 13 Sep 2010, 12:42 pm

I have fitted a set of Hel braided lines to my 07 1250S with great results. A lot more feel at the lever. They are a two line set up.

stretch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 13 Sep 2010, 8:29 pm

I have fitted Hardie Ferodo street metal pads they give more bite. This is probably at the expense of disk life however,

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down