Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Suspension Upgrade.

+3
gus
2wheelsagain
Hammy
7 posters

Go down

My Suspension Upgrade. Empty My Suspension Upgrade.

Post  Hammy Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:35 am

Finally got the girl back together. Had the front forks upgraded with Racetech springs and Gold valves ( kindly supplied by Reddog and Dehula ) yesterday over at Suspension Improvements, Slacks Creek. Steve. Owner/operator is such a nice, knowledgable and helpful guy. A mature gent. One look in his workshop and you know that this man is a real professional. It is like a Watchsmiths workshop. Full of handmade gigs and hi tech precise instruments and machines. This guy really knows his stuff. Steve changed the springs and valves. Did his magic on the rebound valves as well. Even showed me what they are like as standard and what he was going to do to them. Asked me a lot of questions to know how to set the forks up for my "ride". Used 5wt oil, which I thought seemed pretty light but hey, this guy has forgotten more about suspension than I will ever know. So who am I to question. Gave me lots of helpful tips and ideas. Of course he said that a new rear shock would be much better than the second hand GSXR1000 one that I have fitted. Ended up having more work done than qouted, and got charged less than was qouted, so very happy with that. Put the front end back on yesterday and finished the rear this morning. Back onto her wheels. Pushed her up n down. Static sag seemed to be in the ball park. Test time. Out onto the Island circuit. tongue First impressions was that the front felt very tight compared to what it was. The rear was very comfortable, even on the soft side. Completely different type spring from the stock Bandit. The compression and rebound are both set to the middle. Feel is very positive. No twitchiness. All in all. I am very happy with the result. Total dollars spent , $704. Worth every cent. Now where's that Hugger I ordered ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

My Suspension Upgrade. Empty Re: My Suspension Upgrade.

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:10 am

That all sounds positive Hammy.
Your ride sounds like the first time I got serious with the FZ. First impression was it was set too soft then you realise its absorbing all the bumps without becoming unsettled or bottoming.
Just inviting to be pushed harder Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 08 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:That all sounds positive Hammy.
Your ride sounds like the first time I got serious with the FZ. First impression was it was set too soft then you realise its absorbing all the bumps without becoming unsettled or bottoming.
Just inviting to be pushed harder Laughing

Good analogy 2W. Thats exactly what it's doing. Might have struck a good mix. Time will tell.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 08 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm

Sounds promising Very Happy .What is the top speed obtainable "on the island " ? Do you have a lap record ? Razz

How does static sag of 25mm front and 12mm back sound (or compair )
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

sounds good , glad it all worked out for you Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

Great to hear it all went well. I am going to find a suspension guru in Perth. Unfortunately Perth is 2hrs ride from my house. I might get the race tech kit for my dirt bike and get them both done at the same time.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:18 am

gus wrote:Sounds promising Very Happy .What is the top speed obtainable "on the island " ? Do you have a lap record ? Razz

I cannot mention "Speeds". Yes , I am pretty confident that I own the lap record.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:27 am

Hammy wrote:
gus wrote:Sounds promising Very Happy .What is the top speed obtainable "on the island " ? Do you have a lap record ? Razz

I cannot mention "Speeds". Yes , I am pretty confident that I own the lap record.

Hmmmm, sounds about like warp 9! Very Happy
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:38 am

Kiwisteve wrote:
Hammy wrote:

There is a hill at the far end of the Island with a gentle L/H curve on the top of it. I love it ! Twisted Evil There is also another spot that has a kinda corkscrew. A quick left then right. Over hanging tree. It is fun.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:45 am

Hammy wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:
Hammy wrote:

There is a hill at the far end of the Island with a gentle L/H curve on the top of it. I love it ! Twisted Evil There is also another spot that has a kinda corkscrew. A quick left then right. Over hanging tree. It is fun.

Lol, like a red cape to a bull eh
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Sat 09 Jun 2012, 5:15 pm

Nice write up Hammy, I will head down to see them myself when time permits

Jon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:06 am

Jon wrote:Nice write up Hammy, I will head down to see them myself when time permits

Money well spent Jon.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down