Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horn Upgrade

3 posters

Go down

Horn Upgrade Empty Horn Upgrade

Post  Suu Kyi Tue 03 Jul 2012, 10:13 pm

Hi, I need to upgrade the horn on my 2009 Bandit 1250SA as the standard unit is pretty poor. Not really interested in going for something like the Stebel Nautilus airhorn as that to me would be a tad too loud plus there will be additional work required with fitting a relay as the current draw will be quite high.

What I'm looking at is the Stebel 410 Hz Single Electric horn which pumps out 109db @ 2m & 133db @ 10cm. This one draws 5.5amps, don't know what the standard one draws. Question I have is can I plug this straight into the existing horn terminals or will I need a relay as I am pretty sure the standard horn does not have a relay that I can see in the wiring diagram?
Suu Kyi
Suu Kyi

Back to top Go down

Horn Upgrade Empty Re: Horn Upgrade

Post  barry_mcki Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:02 am

The standard horn is on the Signal Fuse which is 15 amps, so a 5.5 amp load should be okay, however a new fuse and relay is a safer way to go, gives you an upgrade path and also means you won't loose your indicators if something where to happen. You will have to do a little work with the mounting arm and the electrical connectors to make them fit the slightly larger Stebel horn.

Whilst these horns are certainly louder than the standard one, I doubt that it makes 109db at 2 metres, there is a fair bit of poetic licence when it comes to testing actual sound levels, best bet is to compare them side by side if you can.

Good luck - post pictures when your done.

Horn Upgrade Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Horn Upgrade Empty Re: Horn Upgrade

Post  Chook Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:35 pm

The standard horn on the 2011 Bandit is the loudest I've ever had
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts