Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Oiler HCR issue

2 posters

Go down

Scott Oiler HCR issue Empty Scott Oiler HCR issue

Post  Ulsterkiwi Thu 06 Aug 2015, 4:36 pm

Hi folks
When I bought my 1250FA it came with a Scott Oiler V system already fitted. Added bonus was what Scott calls their Magnum HCR

one of these

With the HCR a fill is good for maybe 7-9000kms. All good so far.

Back in the summer I was heading off for a longish trip and I noticed the quill which drops the oil onto the sprocket had come lose. I cable tied the whole thing up for the duration of the trip.
Back home I replaced the last 5 or 6cm of feeder hose, spigoted the new hose on and put a brand new quill in and used one of Scott's own clamps to position it. Before then it had been held in place by some stickies.

Since then I have been unable to get the main unit to draw oil from the HCR under normal circumstances. Very frustrating.

What I mean by normal is if I set the VSystem reservoir to PRIME, then within seconds the unit is drawing from the HCR. I can then reset the flow to the recommended drop per minute rate. All good until I turn off the motor shutting down the vacumn which is drawing the oil. As one would expect.
Next time I run the motor, back to just running of the standard reservoir and the line from the HCR to main unit remains stubbornly empty of oil.

Have asked the dealer to sort it. They say they have but all they do is up the flow rate and its too high. That has the added annoyance of oil all over the garage floor in the morning. Thats one thing but it gets there by way of the tyre if I leave the bike on the mainstand which is my preference.

So, any ideas or similar experiences?

Cheers in advance for any suggestions or advice

Ulsterkiwi

Back to top Go down

Scott Oiler HCR issue Empty Re: Scott Oiler HCR issue

Post  madmax Thu 06 Aug 2015, 5:50 pm

I don't have a scottoiler but I have looked into buy one.

This is from scottoiler web site

The HCR works on the principle of a siphon, as it attaches to the breather on your main reservoir.  As the main reservoir level goes down it usually draws in air from the breather to fill the void, but with the HCR connected to the breather, it siphons through the extra oil instead.  As it does so the level on the HCR will gradually decrease as the oil is drawn through until all the oil has passed into the main reservoir.  The main reservoir sits piggy back in the HCR for a neat compact solution.

Please note - We do not recommend the Touring Kit or Magnum HCR for use in the US due to the smaller size of the number plate

From what you describe it sounds like you have and air leak between the normal reservoir and the HCR at the breather maybe, that way it sucks air in instead of the oil. Being as the oil is thicker the air would draw in preference to the oil.

This I'm only guessing, but it might be worth looking into

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulsterkiwi Fri 07 Aug 2015, 8:57 am

cheers madmax, I will definitely look more closely at that. I think I had discounted that as I can get the main unit to draw from the HCR by running on the prime setting first. I suppose it would not take much of a leak to upset things.

Ulsterkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down