Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New seat now need different bars

+2
madmax
V17R
6 posters

Go down

seat - New seat now need different bars Empty New seat now need different bars

Post  V17R Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm

since fitting the Holeshot/Corbin seat I now have a bit of a stretch to the bars as the seat moves you about 1 inch lower and farther back
the height of the bars is ok just too far away now. Doesn't feel so good cornering now. 
whats the best way to go some sort of riser that moves the bars back or different bars?

V17R

Back to top Go down

seat - New seat now need different bars Empty Re: New seat now need different bars

Post  madmax Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:05 pm

something like these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suzuki-Bandit-1250-Bar-Risers-/221684933878?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item339d73a4f6

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-Bandit-Bar-Risers-GSF1200-30mm-Rise-Up-Back-BLACK-Barbacks-GSF-1200-/191391614956?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2c8fd447ec

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

seat - New seat now need different bars Empty Re: New seat now need different bars

Post  V17R Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:29 pm

that was a quick response!
they are safe?

V17R

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 09 Feb 2015, 7:11 pm

V17R wrote:that was a quick response!
they are safe?

Wouldn't have a clue, but plenty of riders use similar ones

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Mon 09 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm

As far as changing bars, the cost of Renthals is about the same as some of those risers.  Here are their sizes:

seat - New seat now need different bars Rentha10

And a couple of photos from members showing the differences:

seat - New seat now need different bars Ross_010
Renthal Medium vs Stock

seat - New seat now need different bars Whitey10
Renthal Ultra-Low vs Stock

The Renthals I've found fixes up an issue I had with my wrist angle, some people have also reported less fatigue due to less vibration.  They're pretty simple to fit, and issues with cable lengths would be no different as you'd have if you went down the riser route (IMO).

Here's a good Youtube in fitting Renthals on a 1200, virtually the same for the 1250, he has a couple of good tips in this:

seat - New seat now need different bars Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  V17R Mon 09 Feb 2015, 8:26 pm

thanks, looking at that I might need the road medium to get the pullback

V17R

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 09 Feb 2015, 8:44 pm

There's also Rox risers pivoting riser. http://roxspeedfx.com/category/adv-pivoting-risers.htm

I run these on my Suzuki drz400e dirt bike. You can rotate them towards you so the rise is minimized but it brings the bars closer if you know what I mean.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Chettlingham Sun 31 May 2015, 8:58 pm

So did you end up getting new bars?

I'm thinking of getting a new lower seat as I'm on my toes at the moment when stopped but my fear is it would also move me further back on the bike . Having short legs means I also have short arms so this might not be as comfortable?

My other interest in different bars is I find the sweep back a little too much on the stock bars as it puts pressure on the outside of my hand which aggravates a old hand injury.

So any other vertically challenged bandit riders here able to add their two cents?

P.s. I'm 167cm (5'6")

Power Commander V
Secondary Butterflies modified with Woolich software
Custom dyno tune
Chettlingham
Chettlingham

Back to top Go down

Post  V17R Sun 31 May 2015, 9:25 pm

no I didn't do any thing with the bars. I got used to the position have done a 3 day ride since getting the seat and am extremely happy with the setup.
Was weird how I didn't like the setup at first but now love it

V17R

Back to top Go down

Post  Chettlingham Sun 31 May 2015, 9:32 pm

Thanks I might just hold off till I get a seat and then make up my mind then.

Would still be good to get some input from anyone else who is a little short and what setup works for them?

Power Commander V
Custom dyno tune
Chettlingham
Chettlingham

Back to top Go down

Post  V17R Sun 31 May 2015, 9:46 pm

mate,get the seat and probably bars as well
my mate is about your height and finds with the new seat its a bit of a stretch to the bars
it will be well worth it

V17R

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:34 am

Chettlingham wrote:So did you end up getting new bars?

I'm thinking of getting a new lower seat as I'm on my toes at the moment when stopped but my fear is it would also move me further back on the bike . Having short legs means I also have short arms so this might not be as comfortable?

My other interest in different bars is I find the sweep back a little too much on the stock bars as it puts pressure on the outside of my hand which aggravates a old hand injury.

So any other vertically challenged bandit riders here able to add their two cents?

P.s. I'm 167cm (5'6")

Hey Chettlingham, yea same height as you mate. I've got the Corbin holeshot street fighter seat.. Although it's lower at the rear the front of the seat is wider at the tank which actually makes touching the ground harder. Bit annoying but will just put up with it. I suggest if you do want easier reach to the ground def just modify the stock seat to suit. And the. Grab some lower bars. I've just ordered a set of ultra low renthal so will see how it goes with the reach to the bars.
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Chettlingham Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:10 pm

Good to know. I haven't got around to getting a seat yet and I thinking I'm going to fix the front forks first.

Let me know how the new bars go as this looks like an easy change and something that also interest me.

Power Commander V
Custom dyno tune
Chettlingham
Chettlingham

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:14 pm

Chettlingham wrote:Good to know. I haven't got around to getting a seat yet and I thinking I'm going to fix the front forks first.

Let me know how the new bars go as this looks like an easy change and something that also interest me.

Yea the seat is a hard one for anyone of our vertical challenged nature lol!... If I didn't spend so much on my Corbin I would just modify my stock one to suit. I did take the Corbin into a upolsterer, but he said without modifying the seat base there is nothing he can do. Will let u know how I go with the bars once they arrive. I've got the bike booked in Monday to get the suspension set up for me, been holding off until someone knew what they were doing, plus I'm now 73 kg so it prob could do with some softening up.
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down