Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch Lever won't return fully to it's normal position

4 posters

Go down

Clutch Lever won't return fully to it's normal position Empty Clutch Lever won't return fully to it's normal position

Post  Flavaquero Sun 12 Oct 2014, 5:21 am

Hello. I am new to the forum. I was glad to find a Bandit Forum. I have a 2009 1250A. The clutch lever is not returning to it's normal resting position. I am not sure how to determine if the problem is in the master cylinder or slave cylinder. The fluid level is full. Any suggestions? Thanks, David

Flavaquero

Back to top Go down

Clutch Lever won't return fully to it's normal position Empty Re: Clutch Lever won't return fully to it's normal position

Post  kewwig Sun 12 Oct 2014, 5:31 am

Flavaquero wrote:Hello. I am new to the forum. I was glad to find a Bandit Forum. I have a 2009 1250A. The clutch lever is not returning to it's normal resting position. I am not sure how to determine if the problem is in the master cylinder or slave cylinder. The fluid level is full. Any suggestions? Thanks, David
Check the lever pivot is greased and not overtightened.  If it's not the lever binding, you will probably need to get a master cylinder kit and refurbish the pistons seals.  Not that common an issue on the forums, so I'd check for binding first
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Clutch Lever won't return fully to it's normal position Empty Re: Clutch Lever won't return fully to it's normal position

Post  Flavaquero Sun 12 Oct 2014, 5:41 am

I thought binding might be an issue, I sprayed it with a graphite spray. The lever can be pushed back into place without much effort. I am beginning to wonder if the clutch return spring may have broken? David

Flavaquero

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sun 12 Oct 2014, 6:37 am

Is there any fluid leaking from the slave under the left side cover?  Does the clutch engage properly other than the failure of the lever to return?
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Flavaquero Sun 12 Oct 2014, 6:45 am

The reservoir is full. I'll have to check tomorrow when I get home from work.

Flavaquero

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 12 Oct 2014, 9:46 am

Its only a 1 minute job to remove the lever and have a look.
Thats what I'd be doing.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 12 Oct 2014, 12:08 pm

Has the system been bled recently? If not that's the next thing I'd do with a the aid of a Mityvac
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Flavaquero Mon 27 Oct 2014, 1:01 am

Well the mystery has been solved. Unfortunately, the master cylinder cracked during disassembly. Seems that there is a ferrule around the bolt that holds the lever to the master cylinder. This thing seized on the bolt. This is also what was interfering with the lever returning to normal. Pulled the slave cylinder apart and it was fine. Waiting on the new part to arrive. Found it discounted here for $170. Sucks but what are you going to do? Thanks for the replies.

Flavaquero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down