Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropped it.. Snapped the clutch lever... Snapped the pivot bolt...

+2
gus
Someone
6 posters

Go down

Dropped it.. Snapped the clutch lever... Snapped the pivot bolt...  Empty Dropped it.. Snapped the clutch lever... Snapped the pivot bolt...

Post  Someone Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:52 pm

OK so im a little annoyed...

and now Im looking for help...

A couple of weeks ago I parked the bike on a bit of a slope at the bottom of my parents driveway. I thought I had left the bike in gear bla bla blah any way long story short i watched as the bike slowly rolled forward kicked up the stand and fell on its side.

The damage... the casing on the left hand side is scratched the left hand indicator is broken and the clutch lever snapped.

No biggie... levers are not too expensive and I can now do the swap to LED indicators that I wanted to do...

Cut to today... Levers arrived and I went to put them on... grabbed the socket set out and first twist the nut comes off along with the bottom of the bolt. Evil or Very Mad

and so I come to the questions.

Where would I obtain a pivot bolt cheaply and preferably online as time to go to shops is almost non existent at the moment.

Also are busa pivot bolts the same as the bandit? There are several links to those on ebay.

or I was thinking I would get the DL1000 hand guards which I believe means swapping the pivot bolts out anyway... can I get the parts to do that online? its a 650 kit with a left 1000 hand guard and pivot bolt I believe? and approx cost?

Someone

Back to top Go down

Dropped it.. Snapped the clutch lever... Snapped the pivot bolt...  Empty Re: Dropped it.. Snapped the clutch lever... Snapped the pivot bolt...

Post  gus Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

Or you could buy a normal bolt ,find the correct size sleave to go over it and ride .I used a dyna bolt sleave once .

Following me.Cut to the correct length .put bolt through add nut .
Dropped it.. Snapped the clutch lever... Snapped the pivot bolt...  IMG_3507
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Dropped it.. Snapped the clutch lever... Snapped the pivot bolt...  Empty Re: Dropped it.. Snapped the clutch lever... Snapped the pivot bolt...

Post  Someone Tue 10 Jan 2012, 12:55 am

I like the way you think Gus

Have now fixed (using the method you suggested) however the below questions still stand as I would like to have it fixed 'properley'...

Someone

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 8:25 am

Motorcycle wreckers? Would Suzuki be using the same size bolts for most of their bikes?
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:22 pm

just did the same thing today, feeling for ya
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 10 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

For handguards, check out my blog at: http://kewwibike.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-have-just-fitted-v-strom-hand-guards.html

Be warned that with standard bars they touch the edge of the fairing on full lock
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Tue 10 Jan 2012, 7:41 pm

& this about the handguards I fitted to my 1200. http://rossmz.blogspot.com/2011/12/barking-up-storm.html

Ross.

http://rossmz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down