Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here from the Hunter Valley NSW

+7
spanna
madmax
Hammy
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
Bosco15
Greg62
11 posters

Go down

New here from the Hunter Valley NSW Empty New here from the Hunter Valley NSW

Post  Greg62 Wed 21 May 2014, 12:17 pm

Hello all

My name is Greg and I live in Maitland in the Hunter Valley.

I not totally new to bikes but it has been two years since my last one.

A bit of history.

Started on a deckson daredevil way back when, then a DT100a and many more dirt bikes.

Fast forward to 2000.  I needed a bike to get to and from work so I bout an 85 XJ900, later wrote off at an intersection when I got cleaned up.

So I had a few years off bikes when I bout an old BMW K100, it served a purpose and got me back on two wheels.

I traded that in on a 2001 Suzuki Bandit, blue.  I loved this bike. Polished rims, stage 2 jet kit, rear suspension lift.

But I put it down and cracked three fins off the head, so they wrote it off.

Next was a 2003 SV1000 which I turned into a bit of a streetfighter, twin Yoshis etc 

I then decided to trade it in on a bike to ride to Tassie on, 2005 GSX1400.  It had 5000 ks on it when I bought it and I loved it.
Campbells custom exhaust, pc3 tune, ignition advancer, etc etc, Unfortunately I suffered damage to my elbow at work and could no longer ride, so I reluctantly sold her off wtih 53000 on the clock and not one problem.

I then bought myself a tinne, and thought that this would replace the bike, how wrong was I.

I missed my bikes every single day.  So I decided to seel the tinnie and by a bike, but it had to be a cost neutral purchase.

Well after some surgery my elbow is all good and two weeks ago I drove to Wauchope and purchased a 2004 1200 Bandit, dark blue with 39000 ks.

I love it.

It had 5 months rego good tyres and in pretty good nick.  It just needed a good clean and polish.

I found the lights were terrible, especially low beam, wo it was onto the net to find a solution.  I found a great one with a link to flickr which showed step by step how to fix it.  Basically put the unit into the oven and cook for 13 minutes at 70c, pull apart, clean everything, remove the shields and put back together.  I have installed 100+ globes and now I can see at night.

I had a local engineering shop make me some new shorter dog bones and the rear now sits nice.

Ebay has provided me with new levers, screen grips, tribo seat cover and new indicators are on the way.

It came with a gearsack rack and I already had my bag.

So I am over the moon to be back on a bandit and on the road again.

I have plans in place to adjust the timing by modifiing the backing plate, then it will be a dynojet kit and air box mod.

It already has an alloy remus pipe.

In time I will polish the rims and engine cases and maybe some stronger handle bars.

Well thats me,

I was going to put some pics up but it seems I have to wait 7 days.
Greg62
Greg62

Back to top Go down

New here from the Hunter Valley NSW Empty Re: New here from the Hunter Valley NSW

Post  Bosco15 Wed 21 May 2014, 1:14 pm

Welcome on board, Greg.
That makes a few of us now, around Newy. And lots of Bandits around that aren't on the forum.
We rode past one heading out of Singleton on Sunday. Was that you?
Lots of great guys and gals on the site.

Back to top Go down

New here from the Hunter Valley NSW Empty Re: New here from the Hunter Valley NSW

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 21 May 2014, 2:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Greg.  Glad to hear the operation has enabled you to get back into riding.  It is certainly something you miss.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 21 May 2014, 3:44 pm

Welcome to the site mate.
Lots of info on the old oilers on here.
Do we really have a 7 day delay for pix?  cyclops

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 21 May 2014, 3:56 pm

Welcome aboard Greg.  Enjoy.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 21 May 2014, 4:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Greg

You should be able to get past the 7 days by using Photobucket or similar and linking to the image

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  spanna Wed 21 May 2014, 5:12 pm

welcome onboard
spanna
spanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg62 Wed 21 May 2014, 6:04 pm

I tried to put the link in from Flickr and thats when it would not let me post and said that I could not put a link up either for 7 days.

Sad

Last edited by Greg62 on Wed 21 May 2014, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 21 May 2014, 6:16 pm

Greg62 wrote:I tried to put the link in from Flickr and thats when it would not let me post and said that I could not put a link up wither for 7 days.

Sad

That's interesting. cause I put up photos in my introduction. Maybe they've changed things

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 21 May 2014, 6:34 pm

Welcome to the forum Greg  Very Happy ( that's quite an intro )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Wed 21 May 2014, 8:40 pm

Hey Greg, Welcome. Very informative intro, not the usual "Hi my names Bob and i bought a Bandit."  Check out some of Gazzars posts on polishing.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg62 Thu 22 May 2014, 5:42 pm

madmax wrote:
Greg62 wrote:I tried to put the link in from Flickr and thats when it would not let me post and said that I could not put a link up wither for 7 days.

Sad

That's interesting. cause I put up photos in my introduction. Maybe they've changed things

I tried again last night putting the link up to my Flickr pics without success and was again told I had to wait 7 days.

I don't mind,  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Thu 22 May 2014, 6:58 pm

But WE love pictures.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 22 May 2014, 7:03 pm

Bosco15 wrote:But WE love pictures.   Very Happy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ksR-HZSqI

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg62 Wed 28 May 2014, 6:01 pm

Here is a pic

Pics finally

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Wed 28 May 2014, 7:39 pm

Welcome Greg, nice clean bike you have there! Good pick up.
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Sat 07 Jun 2014, 5:26 pm

Welcome Greg,

I'm new here too, and had the 7 day wait. I assume the 7 day wait to embed links is to slow the onslaught of spammers, but the regulars here will know.

I got around it from Photobucket by removing the url link from the forum embedding code.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down