Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I May Have Found A Replacement !

+15
Jimmy the Boy
Bosco15
mtbeerwah
Ross.
Boatz
Kiwisteve
reddog
madmax
Jimcoleman
Re-Cycled
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
paul
gus
Hammy
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I May Have Found A Replacement ! - Page 4 Empty I May Have Found A Replacement !

Post  Hammy Fri 27 Dec 2013, 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

affraid  affraid  affraid   I may have found a replacement for the  Sad  Sad  Bandit.   Watch this space.... Shocked
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

I May Have Found A Replacement ! - Page 4 Empty Re: I May Have Found A Replacement !

Post  Hammy Tue 31 Dec 2013, 10:40 am

fat pete wrote:well done on the bike mate,i think they can look allright,especially with the exhaust done..they sound nice like most v twins

Cheers Pete.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

I May Have Found A Replacement ! - Page 4 Empty Re: I May Have Found A Replacement !

Post  sb1250 Tue 31 Dec 2013, 1:00 pm

Congrats on yer new purchase Hammy! 
I've been tempted often, but can't bring myself to replace the Bandit. It's just too good for what I need it for.  Now if I was to add to the garage.....that's a different story!
Enjoy your new steed, and please don't leave this forum!!
 cheers

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 31 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm

Good luck with the new bike. One of the members of ASB had one if these for about 2 weeks and got t boned by an old lady in a Camry. He has it all on his go pro camera. Unfortunately they appear to be quite rare now, so be careful about spending too much on insurance as they probably can't replace it if the worst should happen. 

Not sure about the vtwin movement on this forum. I can't say it does anything for myself. I would go an old 2 strike if I wanted something different. Nothing quite like the smell of 2 stroke fuel in the morning. Still have my thumper dirt bike to help me feel alive if the Bandit isn't
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 31 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm

Well done Hammy, best of luck with the new one.

I do like the MT 01, as I do the B-king..BUT, I`m still dumb founded how they put a coke can size fuel tank on both of them.

This is the thing that would stop me getting either one as a main bike. They both have about the same torque, 150nm, which is AWESOME, turn the dial and just go, fantastic feeling.

One of the bike shop owners in Gladstone has an MT 01, and has put a full Akrapovic system, and map on it, how much I hear you ask....$3500 for that alone. He`s also done the full remote Wilbers shock, and other Gucci bits to it, beautiful looking bike without being over done.

Anyway, happy days.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Tue 31 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm

Great buy mate.

Ross.

http://rossmz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 01 Jan 2014, 9:13 am

I think its unconstitutional that people that no longer own a Bandit or equivalent can remain on this forum throwing their 2c worth in whenever they feel it necessary. Piss off and join a V Twin forum.
I also hate the way some blokes turn everything into a pissing contest. " I bought a 1000cc V Twin superbike ", " Well I bought a bigger one, mines a 1700, and mines comfortable, and mines got more torque and my Dad's better than your Dad".
Congrats Hammy. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy Welcome my friend, welcome to the machine.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 01 Jan 2014, 10:25 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:I think its unconstitutional that people that no longer own a Bandit or equivalent can remain on this forum throwing their 2c worth in whenever they feel it necessary. Piss off and join a V Twin forum.
I also hate the way some blokes turn everything into a pissing contest. " I bought a 1000cc V Twin superbike ", " Well I bought a bigger one, mines a 1700, and mines comfortable, and mines got more torque and my Dad's better than your Dad".
Congrats Hammy. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy Welcome my friend, welcome to the machine.

Cheers Jim.  Will we start our own little forum ?  Vote 2W as Pres'.   Maybe not.  Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 01 Jan 2014, 2:26 pm

Ross. wrote:Great buy mate.

Yeah, goodbye mate. Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:11 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:
Ross. wrote:Great buy mate.

Yeah, goodbye mate. Laughing
Thanks Peter.  I get it.   Sad
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:44 pm

Hammy wrote:
Jimmy the Boy wrote:I think its unconstitutional that people that no longer own a Bandit or equivalent can remain on this forum throwing their 2c worth in whenever they feel it necessary. Piss off and join a V Twin forum.

Cheers Jim.  Will we start our own little forum ?  Vote 2W as Pres'.   Maybe not.  Very Happy

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

lol!  lol!  lol!
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

OR ELSE ! Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

OR ELSE ! Razz
Meet our President...  Chris,  Chris Eastwood.  " Whats that Punk ? You wanna be in our forum. A mans gotta know his limitations " .
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm

Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

OR ELSE ! Razz
Meet our President...  Chris,  Chris Eastwood.  " Whats that Punk ? You wanna be in our forum. A mans gotta know his limitations " .
 lol!  lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Thu 02 Jan 2014, 8:05 am

paul wrote:
Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

OR ELSE ! Razz
 lol!  lol!
" We're not just gonna let ya ride out a here " " who's we sucker? ", " Jimbo and Hammy and me ". Razz  Razz
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 02 Jan 2014, 9:27 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:
paul wrote:
Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

OR ELSE ! Razz
 lol!  lol!
" We're not just gonna let ya ride out a here " " who's we sucker? ", " Jimbo and Hammy and me ". Razz  Razz

Love It.   lol!
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 02 Jan 2014, 9:33 am

Hammy wrote:
Jimmy the Boy wrote:
paul wrote:
Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

OR ELSE ! Razz
 lol!  lol!

Love It.   lol!

Go ahead. Make my day!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 02 Jan 2014, 3:27 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:
Jimmy the Boy wrote:
paul wrote:
Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

OR ELSE ! Razz
 lol!  lol!

Love It.   lol!

Go ahead. Make my day!

Hmm..V-Twin Forum..."what you have to ask yourself is, do I feel lucky. Well do ya' punk? "  Shocked 
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 02 Jan 2014, 4:20 pm

barry_mcki wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:
Jimmy the Boy wrote:
paul wrote:
Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Fuggin oath pick me lol!

OR ELSE ! Razz
 lol!  lol!

Love It.   lol!

Go ahead. Make my day!

Hmm..V-Twin Forum..."what you have to ask yourself is, do I feel lucky. Well do ya' punk? "    Shocked 
Was that Two barrels, or Four.  Well in amoungst all this confusion. I kinda lost count.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 03 Jan 2014, 4:18 pm

When are you picking up this beast? Where are the pics? What are you doing with the Bandit? Are you trading it in? Why is Watson still in the side? Sooo many questions.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  glenby Sun 05 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

*holds up hand and whispers*
Jeez. he's taken a step back in life.....

just kidding - congratulation hammy.

I rode a few bikes and would have gotten a better v-twin but couldnt find one worth having which is why I got the bandit (and am glad I did).
all the ones I found had small tanks or were sport bikes and I didnt want the sore back/wrists. a b-king would have been great but....
also aprilla's, ducati's etc were too expensive to keep.
You should have fun and dont forget to join a bandit ride every now and then.

Bandit 1250N (2011)
Akropovic Slip-On
DNA Air Filter, Snorkel Removed + Holes
Racetech fork springs and Cartridge shim mods
PC-V

glenby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 05 Jan 2014, 6:07 pm

Some wild throw at the stumps a yammie MT01
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  glenby Sun 05 Jan 2014, 6:09 pm

a hammy yammy.

Bandit 1250N (2011)
Akropovic Slip-On
PC-V

glenby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 05 Jan 2014, 6:10 pm

Seems i am bit late to the partay
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  glenby Sun 05 Jan 2014, 6:12 pm

[quote="Jimcoleman"]Seems i am bit late to the partay[/quote]

ditto but that didnt stop me Smile

Bandit 1250N (2011)
Akropovic Slip-On
PC-V

glenby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next