Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rider Training....had any??

+2
b12mick
ohmyfj55
6 posters

Go down

Rider Training....had any?? Empty Rider Training....had any??

Post  ohmyfj55 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 8:55 am

Hello bandit heads,

Just curious as to how many riders have taken part in any rider training.

Was looking at the Top Rider training with Bernie Hatton when still in Sydney, as there seems to be a great training centre in Marulan. Was in May though and was on the way back to qld by this time

There is a write up in the latest Rapid Bikes magazine about this company and Advanced training is still something i wish to partake in.

So if any of you have participated in advanced rider training i would be interested in your experiences with it and what you feel you got out of it.

Thanks and regards,
nathan
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Rider Training....had any?? Empty Re: Rider Training....had any??

Post  b12mick Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:55 am

Other than the rider training required to get a license, I haven't done any.

Maybe now we're more financial I'll be able to talk my wife into going to one or two.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:13 pm

I recently did my first ever rider training course; the Stay Upright Masters course in Canberra. Despite the name it’s only a basic course aimed at older riders returning to the sport after a prolonged absence …er, me really. The big plus is that it is heavily subsidized from the Road Safety Fund (around 50%) and so at $150 it’s a good budget option. As I said, it’s a bit basic, concentrating on braking, maneuvering, body position and a large dose of road-craft and attitude. Overall, it was a fun day and I guess what I got was mainly validation of what I have been doing. This is worthwhile as I plan to do more and I wanted to establish a reasonable base. Main thing for me was to look through the corners, (something I tend to forget and then try to figure out why I am riding like sh+t).

I have been following the Top Rider courses and would be keen to do Marulan, I would like to do ‘the farm’ even more but the logistics of if from Canberra are a bit much (not to mention the 900 beer vouchers). It would probably be an overnight in Sydney both ways as it starts early and I wouldn’t fancy driving back after a full day on the track as I reckon I would be pretty rooted.

So, I would be up for Marulan, or Stay Upright Advanced II at Eastern Creek, or California Superbike school, or something else on those lines.

Would be great to get a Bandit skirmish party together!

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 07 Jun 2010, 7:44 pm

Ive got the first stay up right course at Oran Park..was so much fun.
I will get around to doing the next one as well. Its well worth it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  surfacc Mon 07 Jun 2010, 8:08 pm

I have done Intermediate, Advanced 1 & 2 through HART in Melbourne. Would recommend all of them particularly the two Advanced courses. Advanced 1 was conducted at the Police trainig facility and Advanced 2 was at Broadford - only dowside to Advanced 2 is the need for full leathers (the deal with the wife was that I had to fit into the old one piece leathers).
Also did a Ducati track training day at Mugello on a 999R a few years back. That was a magnificent day Laughing
Would recommend any advanced training as it can only help your your enjoyment.
surfacc
surfacc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 7:06 pm

I did the Stay Upright Advanced I course at Oran Park a couple of years ago when I was still on my L's. It was pretty basic, good for inexperienced riders or those that lack confidence. However, depending on where you're at with your riding, I reckon the money would be better spent on a couple of trackdays. Just learn by doing.

Also keep in mind that sometimes the training providers are very strict in wanting you to learn the way that they think is right (such as trying to convince me I needed to brake with four fingers).
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down