Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scala Rider G4 Set ups

2 posters

Go down

Scala Rider G4 Set ups  Empty Scala Rider G4 Set ups

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 20 Nov 2013, 9:48 am

I know a few have scala G4's on the forum, after having mine for over year now i have found them to be great when they are working and a pain in the arse when they decide not to. so i have worked out some do's and don't s to make me a happy camper  

Ok here is some tips. get a windows machine and download the updater software for the G4, sadly the G4 software doesn't work on a mac.

if you have a older G4 then up date to Vs 3 firmware - you get these goodies

What’s new in the scala rider G4 v3.0
Click-To-Link™

The Click-To-Link™ feature is a unique solution, developed by Cardo and available only to communication systems that are compatible with Cardo’s line of motorcycle communication systems. Click-To-Link™ allows bikers to initiate spontaneous intercom calls to random G4 users who are within range, without the need to perform advance pairing. Users can always activate or deactivate this feature and also reject incoming requests for such random connections.
Volume Per Mode
The Volume Per Mode feature causes the G4 to memorize the most recently stored volume setting for each audio source (A2DP stereo, mobile phone, GPS, FM radio), so that whenever a user switches between modes, the G4 will automatically transmit sound at the previously set volume level.
Stand Alone A2DP
A dedicated audio channel was added to accommodate A2DP-enabled music devices (such as the iPod Touch 2G/3G/4G). This provides the G4 with parallel connectivity to an MP3 device and a mobile phone, so that users can seamlessly switch from one to the other.
AGC Calibration
AGC sensitivity levels can now be set according to any user's particular needs (Low, Medium, High) and can be re-adjusted whenever needed. Users can now set the optimal AGC level to accommodate their personal needs and adapt to specific driving conditions, thus avoiding excessive or insufficient AGC responsiveness. Users will set and/or readjust their desired AGC sensitivity levels as often as they wish via the PC software or in the Voice Configuration Menu directly on the G4.
VOX Calibration
VOX sensitivity levels can now be set according to the user's particular needs (Low, Medium, High) and can be adjusted by the end user whenever needed. The end user will be able to set the optimal VOX level for specific driving habits (lower VOX sensitivity for fast driving, etc. and vice versa) via the PC software or in the Voice Configuration Menu directly on the G4.
Automatic Radio Tuning
One-Button-Push to search for and temporarily set up to six radio station presets: For users travelling outside their home region. To reactivate their original six station presets after returning to the home region, users just need to turn the unit off and on again.
Automatic Scan (FM Radio)
Automatic Scan for the next available station by extended button press. If the user finds a station he wants to listen to, one press of a button will stop the Scan before the system continues to automatically search for the next station.
New convenient and simple Voice Configuration Menu
The new Voice Configuration Menu lets users easily change G4 settings and customize their unit without the need for a computer.
User can now configure the following settings via the Menu:  

• Language
      • Enable/Disable Click to Link
      • Enable/Disable VOX
      • Set VOX sensitivity level
      • Set AGC sensitivity level
      • Enable/Disable RDS
      • Enable/Disable Spoken Status Announcements
Bug Fixes

• Enhanced performance with TomTom Rider/Urban Rider GPS: GPS instruction audio connection is instantaneous
      • Solved bug in Intercom mode that sometimes caused the first syllable of speech not to be heard after a period of silence
      • Solved occasional distortion noise on an Intercom call that remained open for an extended period of time (~1hr+)
      • Secured seamless transition to A2DP playback after an Intercom call when using an iPhone™

then update to Firmware v3.2

• BMW Bluetooth Audio System Compatibility Pairing Mode (tested on BMW K1600) - The scala rider G4 can be paired simultaneously to a mobile phone and a BMW Bluetooth Audio System. Pairing with a BMW Bluetooth Audio System:

• In Standby mode, press the Volume down button for 5 seconds, until the Blue and Red LED's begin flashing rapidly.
    • Search for Bluetooth devices on the BMW Bluetooth Audio System and follow the instructions to select and pair to the scala rider G4.

• Improved compatibility with Android OS
  • Improved compatibility with Garmin Zumo 660 and A2DP Music streaming
  • Improved microphone sensitivity for softer voices (to enable, set VOX Sensitivity to High)
  • Added tone at the start on an Intercom call
  • Other minor bug fixes and improvements

Ok now you have done the hard part. Using the software adjust the following settings

Click to link - ON

AGC calibration - LOW
Vox calibration - LOW

Vox Activation - ON 

RDs is the fm Radio its up to you.

why have i done this.  Clink to link, this is a cool feature to save you pairing with another G4 users you get within 10 meters or so and double tap the "A" button this will send a ring tone to your ears and anyone else with G4 set to "click to link", for them to answer they press the "A" button if you hear a double tone its telling you that there com link is already open with someone else.  and the same goes for you. i have several friends now with G4s and the Odd G9 (we will get to that later) after numerous bike trip where we have decided to pair different riders through the pairing mode is fiddly and a pain in the arse. In my case i am paired with my daughters and my mate Shawn, his is paired with his wife, this works great so we have decided that to leave it that and use click to link to talk to others. in summing up multiple pairing just seems to bugger it up pair it once with same person and leave it

AGC Calibration , i think this is like the auto volume the faster you go the louder it gets slower the quieter i have set this to Low

Vox Calibration, setting this to low stops your music cutting out when riding having the wind activate the VOX, but to open the vox channel you do have to give a little yell or click the "A" or "B" depending on which com channel you want to use. 

IPhone users pressing the phone button and trying to use Siri over 60ks an hour is a pointless exercise.

and if you decide to use the conference side of things 3 or 4 riders one person has to be the fat controller, so both Bluetooth channels are used meaning if you listening to music or a GPS device and you are the controller you will loose the BT device to the intercom.  and only get it back when you close the com channel hence its best to make the pillion the controller

Familiarise you self with the buttons there easy to find with gloves on once you know, Patience is the Key

Scala G9

now a couple of mates have bought these and i got to have a play with on the other day. Update first works with a mac or PC as its a web interface you can talk to 8 individual riders thorough vox, ie open the com channel and say Shawn and it opens a com channel to shawn if he is riding in the group, pretty cool
can change songs and turn music off with vox, once again the same settings apply as the G4

If you have either of these scala's i hope that this has helped because scala's customer service is shit and there is stuff all in you tube land or the web

Jim
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Scala Rider G4 Set ups  Empty Re: Scala Rider G4 Set ups

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:49 am

Have upgraded to v3.2 thanks James.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:19 am

and a quick up date -  in order for things to go smoothly with the scala G4 do this before every new pairing

With the Scala Rider G4 headset turned ON, press and hold the Mobile Button for at least six seconds until the Red and Blue Lights begin rapidly alternating. Then press and hold the Volume Up Button for three seconds. Next, the Red and Blue Lights will flash five times simultaneously and then the headset will turn off, confirming that the Reset was successfully completed.
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down