Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scala Rider G9x

3 posters

Go down

Scala Rider G9x  Empty Scala Rider G9x

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 02 Jun 2014, 8:04 pm

As a group rider i really like the ability to talk to other riders in our group, send and receive warnings of impending doom etc, listen to music on those boring straight bits. So two years ago i bought a Scala rider G4 then a G4 twinset for my daughter and mate Terry, and a couple of my other friends bought them as well, we all found them a bit cranky at times but after some trial and error,Terry being the most tech challenged gave up and sold his to Dave. But after awhile we got them all sorted. Recently on the bad arse 5 ride, Terry, Shawn, Brett and Myself all linked up with our G4 intercoms and had a great time taking the piss out of each other etc on our ride. The range was around a kilometre and battery life was not a problem and soon as we got to a twistie bit there was silence

So Scala introduces the Scala rider G9x is a major upgrade from the G4 and a minor upgrade to the G9. The G9x now offers like the G9 the ability to conference with 4 riders or pillions, communicate with up to 8 riders, share music or listen to the radio. So expletiveTAG buys one as his tech assistant i go "hey it comes with a cordy mic and boom mic, i can plug my earbuds in. Its voice commands are pretty cool, very impressed plus there is android and ios app to program it on the run, the scala rider G9x is backwards compatible with all previous models.

Liking ExpletiveTags G9x so much i decided to sell my G4s and upgrade to the new model. It turned up today, it was easy to setup on line, it did a firmware update, i did the hardware fit, nice and easy i plugged in my earbuds, a quick run out to the bypass, Pambula and home. Reduced wind noise even with the music off, and i look forward to see how good the intercom is at speed with the ear buds.
The G9x is not available in Australia yet, i picked it up online for $299 landed if you like the idea of intercoms, or sick having to plug your mp3 play in with a cord flapping about then look at the scala its a solid bit of kit

Scala Rider G9x  Case10

Comes in a very classy case that will double up for a very cool travel gopro case. 

Scala Rider G9x  G9x10
The G9X 
Scala Rider G9x  App10
the apps is pretty handy
Scala Rider G9x  Earbud10

no more ear plugs, just ear buds

Scala Rider G9x  Instru10

Instructions are in depth

Scala Rider G9x  Mounts10

A mount for every helmet

Scala Rider G9x  Speake10

Corded mic and boom mic, plus hi-quality speakers if you don't like ear buds
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Scala Rider G9x  Empty Re: Scala Rider G9x

Post  madmax Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:42 pm

$435 plus postage for a twin set, hmm I think I'll wait awhile

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Mon 02 Jun 2014, 11:53 pm

James describes me correctly, my patience for electronic devices is as short as my patience for all physical details of motorcycling is long.
But nevertheless this device does appear less painful than other electronic devices.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down