Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Staintune fitted

+6
Jimcoleman
Jimmy the Boy
madmax
Ewok1958
Hammy
pdrider
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Staintune fitted - Page 2 Empty New Staintune fitted

Post  pdrider Tue 22 Oct 2013, 9:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

As some of you will know from my intro yourself comments, anything mechanical is way way beyond my ability and just the thought of thinking or doing anything technical makes me dive for a headache tablet. Ordered a new staintune for the GSX1250FA from Adam direct at Staintune. He assured me it was so easy so I went for it. Waited the 4 days for delivery and shall vividly remember every second of those days!!! Anyway the new arrival finally gets here yesterday and a mate reminded me I'm likely to blow myself up if I do it and offered to fit it. Well, bugger me, late yesterday night in the garage the b*&^^5y thing wouldn't fit over the pipe sticking out the bike after the massive old thing came off. Not happy Jan is an understatement......confused 

By this morning I'd calmed down and phoned Adam at Staintune. I'm not a rude bloke but did want to let him know just how frustrating that had been. Anyway, Adam has to be the easiest going bloke I know and manage to settle me down quickly  ( I have no patience hence the lack of mechanical skills). After half a day of twoing and froing with photos and advice we worked out (sorry Adam and my mate worked out) it was a gasket that normally isnt spot welded but was on mine that was stopping the exhaust fitting. Adam offered to return the original, send a new one, show me pictures of the Jig (nope no idea what that is but he did explain very nicely but it went in one ear and straight out the other as nothing in between to stop it), I think at some stage I'm sure he even offered to come and do my housework for a month but I may be wrong. Anyway, second round tonight and all fitted in 20 minutes. Great result and looks slick and sounds cool. Can't wait to ride to work tomorrow. Well done Adam and Staintune. He was pretty good at assuring me that he was pretty ready to do anything to resolve the issue for me even though the issue was at my end (or the bikes end). 

I will post a photo when I work out how to do it............ in the meantime, its time to look through the stock and find the special celebration brew I made:king:    No i have no connection to Staintune other than being inspired by their support.

pdrider

Back to top Go down

New Staintune fitted - Page 2 Empty Re: New Staintune fitted

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sat 26 Oct 2013, 12:22 pm

No, your just letting a little bit more air in as a little bit more is now coming out. I wouldn't think it would be a problem as its only a minor adjustment. I don't know how remapping works on your ECU for fuel/air mixture but someone on here will.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sat 26 Oct 2013, 4:16 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:
Jimcoleman wrote:Mines got a remus pipe, and a k&n airfilter and it goes plenty good, if i wanted a sports bike id have bought one
James you'll be happy to know the TL was as uncomfortable as shit when I got on it this morning and I wanted to get back onto my " cargo ship ". Razz sorry for the thread hack. Pd go and buy a K&N aiir filter and put that in. ( easy ) but check it hasn't already got one first, while your checking pull out the snorkel in the air box that will increase the diameter of the intake hole by about 25mm. That's a good start and standard proceedure.
I say nuting I say nuting, ....................... New Staintune fitted - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sat 26 Oct 2013, 4:18 pm

Actually Jimmy maybe you should call the Bandit a cruise liner and the TL a jetski with wheels  sounds more suitable
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:33 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:Actually Jimmy maybe you should call the Bandit a cruise liner and the TL a jetski with wheels  sounds more suitable
Thats a pretty good analogy Jim, except I bloody well hate Jetskis and everything that goes with them. WANKERS!!! Jetskis are a blight on the sea going society.Selfish Pricks with no regard for other peoples space, comfort, safety, ears, sanity..........dont get me started!! This is just a generalisation, for all you jet ski owners but one Im willing to stand by until proven otherwise. I'll just ride my jet ski like a cruise liner and not annoy anyone ( except the neighbours with early starts ), come to think of it, I AM A JETSKI WANKER!! Now I hate myself, thanks Jimmy.affraid affraid
Very Happy Very Happy
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:54 pm

Sorry Mate i wasnt meaning to be Brutal
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:24 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:
Jimcoleman wrote:Actually Jimmy maybe you should call the Bandit a cruise liner and the TL a jetski with wheels  sounds more suitable
Thats a pretty good analogy Jim, except I bloody well hate Jetskis and everything that goes with them. WANKERS!!! Jetskis are a blight on the sea going society.Selfish Pricks with no regard for other peoples space, comfort, safety, ears, sanity..........dont get me started!! This is just a generalisation, for all you jet ski owners but one Im willing to stand by until proven otherwise. I'll just ride my jet ski like a cruise liner and not annoy anyone ( except the neighbours with early starts ), come to think of it, I AM A JETSKI WANKER!! Now I hate myself, thanks Jimmy.affraid affraid
Very Happy Very Happy
Bloody hell Jimmy , why don't you say what's really on your mind Razz Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:44 am

Jimcoleman wrote:Sorry Mate i wasnt meaning to be Brutal
It's OK guys, I've calmed down now. Everyone is entitled to have their fun on the water. It's just seems jetski riders think everyone wants to look at them and listen to them. I'm a keen fisherman who likes piece and quiet. And I also like to be able to launch and retrieve my boat safely without a 2 foot wash making it more difficult because they hang around the boat ramp. Pd, how's that airbox mod going? LOL
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:59 am

paul wrote:
Jimmy the Boy wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy
Bloody hell Jimmy , why don't you say what's really on your mind Razz Razz
Its hard to get emotion across on the posts. I was actually giggling like a school girl writing this post. Laughing Laughing Laughing My full and humble apologies to PD for thread hacking. That should have been in the Rant section. Im now going to go and stand in the naughty corner for a timeout.Razz Razz
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:22 am

And about time too Razz

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:32 pm

Ha ha, no problems. Sorry for the delay in responding but I was out on the Jetski  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Will get air filter done when I go for next service. I shall whip out that snorkel too. Still need financial approval from she who must be obeyed though affraid affraid affraid

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  glenby Fri 15 Nov 2013, 7:04 pm

[quote="pdrider"]Ha ha, no problems. Sorry for the delay in responding but I was out on the Jetski  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Will get air filter done when I go for next service. I shall whip out that snorkel too. Still need financial approval from she who must be obeyed though affraid affraid affraid[/quote]When I swapped pipe the snorkel didnt change anything. pipe added 6hp with baffle out. dyno showed was running great fuel mix too.
when airfilter put in (20hp extra) it ran super lean - as I had power commander done at same time, it was no issue.
If you are going to get an airfilter and have a pipe, I would suggest getting a dyno run (~$35 around brisbane) to ensure you aint killin' ya motor.

If you want after market headers, Arrow make some (I think reardo has a set) and akropovic makes a complete racing system.
doubt you would get down the street without getting booked with the full system though.

FWIW - Yoshi and Suzuki are partners and yoshi work to get the best out of them.
Staintune look great, sound good and are australian and less likely to get picked up by the fuzz.
I have an akropovic carbon slip on and the hardest part of installation was putting the rubber stopper for centre stand back in.

Looking around, everyone seems to get around the 125 - 130 hp with a filter, airbox mod and a variety of pipes.
enjoy the bandit.

Bandit 1250N (2011)
Akropovic Slip-On
DNA Air Filter, Snorkel Removed + Holes
Racetech fork springs and Cartridge shim mods
PC-V

glenby

Back to top Go down

Post  TropoBone Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:37 am

madmax wrote:I took the baffle out because it rattled at idle
Me too - I didn't like the rattle while the bike/pipe was warming up.
Aural pleasure = increased.
NT Police interest = no change.
Complaints from neighbours at my 5:30am start up and go to work = no change
Some popping on the overrun - which I don't mind - but I plan to get Richard at Alicross to tune it.
Fuel consumption = worse
Fun factor = aural pleasure = increased!

Staintune pipe. 
Michelin Pilot 2 front and rear
Ventura rack and bag, Kappa K33N panniers.
Racetech gold valves and fork springs.
TropoBone
TropoBone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2