Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staintune Exhaust

+4
Big Al
evel75
Cameron
2010banditsa
8 posters

Go down

Staintune Exhaust Empty Staintune Exhaust

Post  2010banditsa Tue 16 Mar 2010, 7:44 am

Has anyone got a Staintune exhaust or heard one on a Bandit and like to provide any coment please?
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Staintune Exhaust Empty Re: Staintune Exhaust

Post  Cameron Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:57 pm

2010banditsa wrote:Has anyone got a Staintune exhaust or heard one on a Bandit and like to provide any coment please?

Youll find another post on here about the staintune.
anyway...ive got one on mine. couldnt be happier. sounds great. looks great, especially when kept polished. It tucks in very close to the side of the bike, so makes the ass end look alot smaller that stock. If you have a look under product review, youll see the post i put up with pics and all.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evel75 Tue 16 Mar 2010, 6:11 pm

i have one on my 2004 bandit. very happy with it. mid range noise, not excessive yet lets people know i am there with a quick blip on the throttle.

adds a bit to the hp also. and is australian made...
evel75
evel75

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue 16 Mar 2010, 6:12 pm

evel75 wrote:
adds a bit to the hp also. and is australian made...

thats the best part. i will only ever have staintunes on my bikes

EDIT: oh and Evil....welcome to the forum

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Wed 17 Mar 2010, 7:56 am

Funny we all love the bike but cant wait to get rid of that massive can hanging on the side of it! Very Happy
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Wed 17 Mar 2010, 9:22 pm

Big Al wrote:Funny we all love the bike but cant wait to get rid of that massive can hanging on the side of it! Very Happy

i know. not the prettiest thing. and very quiet. I got mine done at delivery, so i never got to ride her with the original one on

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 18 Mar 2010, 9:10 am

I must be a very rare Bandit owner. Other than a Ventura rack and a sheepskin, my bike is absolutley standard.

I have to agree though that the standard exhaust is extremely quiet. Although some of the people I ride with reckon it's reasonably loud when I overtake them, go figure.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 18 Mar 2010, 11:31 am

b12mick wrote:I must be a very rare Bandit owner. Other than a Ventura rack and a sheepskin, my bike is absolutley standard.

I have to agree though that the standard exhaust is extremely quiet. Although some of the people I ride with reckon it's reasonably loud when I overtake them, go figure.

Your not rare, I have a standard can. I can't see the point of replacing unless its (heaven forbid) .. dented or scratched badly.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  willo Fri 19 Mar 2010, 10:05 pm

b12mick wrote:I must be a very rare Bandit owner. Other than a Ventura rack and a sheepskin, my bike is absolutley standard.

mine's bog stock as well can't see the sense in replacing something that isn't broke, if I wanted a sports bike I would have bought one.. bounce bounce bounce
willo
willo

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Sat 20 Mar 2010, 7:27 am

Well at least we can agree on the choice of bike! Very Happy
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  step_andy Sun 21 Mar 2010, 10:49 am

Cameron wrote:
Big Al wrote:Funny we all love the bike but cant wait to get rid of that massive can hanging on the side of it! Very Happy

i know. not the prettiest thing. and very quiet. I got mine done at delivery, so i never got to ride her with the original one on

The lack of "sound" was the main reason I bought an after market pipe. I commute daily and the number of times people just aren't aware that there is a bike next their car is quite astounding.

step_andy

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 22 Mar 2010, 9:47 am

I have entered into negotiations with my wife as to who is going to get 'go fast' bits first. I've decided that a new pipe is in order, as is a K&N or DNA air filter. My wife wants a K&N air filter and carby jetting on her M750. At the moment I'm leading the negotiations, but that will only last until my wife goes for a real ride in the hills, then it'll swing back her way.

The other problem I have is that for 22 years I have happily let her deal with the family finances, and while she's in charge what she says goes.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Tue 23 Mar 2010, 6:25 am

Try bursting into tears and locking yourself in the bathroom for a bit!
I seen this a few times and it seems to work. Very Happy
Big Al
Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Wed 24 Mar 2010, 3:44 pm

Big Al wrote:Try bursting into tears and locking yourself in the bathroom for a bit!
I seen this a few times and it seems to work. Very Happy

No, that won't work. Sympathy isn't something my wife feels. When the B12 had a little lie down, with me underneath it, she was only concerned about the bike. The only reason she took me to casualty was so she didn't have to listen too me complain about how much my ribs and back hurt.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down