Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed

+6
madmax
mtbeerwah
SuzySuzuki
Hammy
b12mick
Baz
10 posters

Go down

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed Empty Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed

Post  Baz Tue 15 Oct 2013, 7:18 am

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/victoria-police-adjusts-mobile-speed-camera-rules-to-allow-cameras-to-be-concealed/story-fni0fee2-1226739895665?link=news.com

Well this sucks big time. I bet NSW will quickly follow.

The only good part of this story is that VIC police use RT's in their highway patrol  ... I suppose though that they can only afford that by hitting up people who naturally overspeed on downhill runs.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed Empty Re: Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed

Post  b12mick Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:00 am

Maybe not.  Victoria didn't require their Mobile Cameras to be signposted, NSW does.  So it'd be a pretty big step for NSW to go from specific signage requirements to hiding them in the bush.

There was a huge stink here a few months ago when the mobile camera operators weren't putting the signage out correctly and/or hiding amongst parked traffic.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed Empty Re: Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed

Post  Hammy Tue 15 Oct 2013, 12:13 pm

But they're only doin' it to save lives .   Yeah Right .   geek  I would not mind so much if the money went straight back into upgrading the roads and making them safer. Then they could raise the speed limits to a more realistic level and people might be better drivers by it.   Rant over.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Tue 15 Oct 2013, 4:50 pm

The worst part about this, they are going to have them at bottom of hills, so watch those cruise controls, cause mine gains speed (ford ute, not the bike, although haven't tested that out)

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 16 Oct 2013, 5:59 am

more of reason than ever to get a flip up number plate.. and yes I know there are fines for them.

I don`t know how anyone can think covert cameras saves lives!

as we all know, person x,  is traveling at 30km`s over the speed limit, hasn`t the braking distance to stop from hitting person y, and does, but he did just go through a covert camera, mmmm how come he still had an accident
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 16 Oct 2013, 8:29 am

A numberplate flipper is not going to help you if you can't see the camera

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 16 Oct 2013, 7:01 pm

madmax wrote:A numberplate flipper is not going to help you if you can't see the camera
yes it will,

if I`m riding through suburbia, or town, I`ll be doing the speed limit, cause that's what I do.

if I`m doing a hot run in twisties, or at any time on the hi-way where I`m going to over take cars etc: plate goes up

pretty simple really
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 16 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm

Well I guess if you want to ride through several K's of twisties with your finger held on the button!
Most of the kits have only a momentary switch so you don't leave it flipped

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 16 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm

hey??

no man!!

I`d make my own cause it aint that hard, or get a cheap arse kit, and get ride of the in line switch, and make it ON, or OFF switch
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 16 Oct 2013, 9:02 pm

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed Thumb_lalala

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:44 pm

spose I better add my 2 cents worth. Tom Tom have now got speed camera detection. So, it's only a matter of time before some clever bastard comes up with a speed camera detector for mobile phones that will detect a speed camera up to 1 k ahead. plenty of time to slow down and show them the finger.cheers
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:41 am

great idea beerwah,i love it and after paying them greedy pollies 750 for 120 in a 100 zone in the middle a nowhere..Twisted Evil why wouldnt you
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 22 Oct 2013, 4:59 pm

Came back from Gippsland to the Bega Valley today and yep, the usual camera car that used to be between the side of the road and the bush was hidden completely in the bush, with a cable connecting it to a camera/detector on a tripod, also hidden by t-tree/ferns.  And also in one of the few non-double lane overtaking opportunities that exist in the 70km stretch of road between Bruthen and Orbost.  I'm willing to be that there hasn't been an accident there in the last 20 years (if ever).  It's clearly bullshit that this is about safety, even for the operators, because I was so wild I was planning how I could park, go back via the same bush they hide in, and give them a serve.  I think this tactic will increase the angst the average jo/jill public feels against these operators.  I expect within 12 months we'll hear of some serious incident (eg, camera car operators being shot at, exactly the opposite effect that the new legislation is supposed to be about).  This legislation will backfire IMHO.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 22 Oct 2013, 8:11 pm

Hmm, vehicle parked in undergrowth, long dry grass, hot exhaust...

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed Car_in10

Yep, sounds like a safe way to conduct business to me.

Victoria Police adjusts mobile speed camera rules to allow cameras to be concealed Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down