Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval

2 posters

Go down

SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval  Empty SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval

Post  STI-REX Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm

Not wanting to up set any one 

I have for sale a Yoshi muffler taken off my ZX9r 2002 it is loud and has no removable baffle or mounting holes for one

Reasonable condition  good for a project or to cut down and make a stubby can muffler

SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval  P1020263_zpsacf512c9

It has a bit of oxidation on the Yoshi badge plate and the link pipe has a bit of surface staining near the header connection 
And a very small dent ( less than a 5c coin size ) on the bottom near the frontof the body (unseen when mounted )

SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval  P1020254_zpsdd9b7ca5

SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval  P1020252_zps69c7a885

SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval  P1020253_zpsdbee2e21

$135 or near offer
The link pipe has now  been removed from the muffler (slip together and is now in   2 pieces I.E. muffler and link pipe )

The muffler has a 56.46mm Inner diameter slip joint with spring retention

Pick up in Gympie or I can put it on Greyhound bus parcels at buyers cost in an original Yoshi box with polystyrene peanut packaging

Cheers
James

Last edited by STI-REX on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 9:47 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : update photo)

Back to top Go down

SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval  Empty Re: SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval

Post  gus Mon 24 Jun 2013, 4:20 pm

Whats the size of the link pipes intake James ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval  Empty Re: SOLD...SOLD...Yoshi muffler rs3 stainless oval

Post  STI-REX Mon 24 Jun 2013, 4:25 pm

Hi Gus

The link pipe has on outer diameter of 56.45mm all the way from the muffler until it tapers down to 53.25mm outer diameter at the collector connection point and 50.80 mm Inner diameter at the collector end

I have now managed to remove the link pipe from the muffler as well
Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:30 pm

Can you pm me your phone number James .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:43 pm

PM sent

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:12 am

1ST photo updated with link pipe removed from muffler

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 27 Jun 2013, 7:28 pm

There should be a standard size ,would make fitting a new (or used ) can much easier .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Fri 28 Jun 2013, 7:51 am

Most exhaust shops would be able to expand and contort a bit of s/steel pipe into shape for peanuts to use as an adaptor or make a full link pipe for not a lot

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 29 Jun 2013, 2:55 pm

You would think so but it not that easy (as I found out )
To get the bend without a kink you need a Mandrel Bender .Muffler shops don't use this method .
The last time I had a link pipe made the proper way (mandrel) it cost me $100 and didn't fit .
Ive sworn off link pipe mods ever since .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Sat 29 Jun 2013, 3:37 pm

Never had that problem
I usually drive to the muffler shop then unbolt the can to be changed then bolt the can on that needs a pipe made in the place that I want it and they make up the mandrel bent link pipe

The last one I got done was in Brisbane at an exhaust shop that made custom fit complete systems and had a mandrel bender

Other times they have cut and shut pre-made mandrel bends to make the link pipe as required   and then i usually get them polished
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-5-O-D-J-Mandrel-Bend-Stainless-Steel-Pipe-Tubing-Tube-/250936570944?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6cfc3440

That example is a bit pricey and can be had for less than half that price if you look around

Quite often the original bikes link pipe can be modified either with a reducer or hydraulically enlarged to suit

I have never paid more than $50 for a link pipe to be made /altered as most decent exhaust shops (genuine manufacturing shops) see it as a challenge and something out of the ordinary doing bike stuff

I like to make stuff that can't be bought from scratch  as my Aerial photography with R/C quad-copters hobby leads me down this road frequently 

The more people tell me it can't be done the greater the fire under my arse to get it done Laughing 

My 0.02c

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down