Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lifeproof Phone Cases

+5
Baz
Re-Cycled
SuzySuzuki
gus
Mpottsy
9 posters

Go down

Lifeproof Phone Cases Empty Lifeproof Phone Cases

Post  Mpottsy Wed 22 May 2013, 4:38 pm

After a slight mishap by the missus we decided to purchase some waterproof cases for the iPhone. I wont divulge the issue she had but it seems to be a common problem for women??????

Prices for the case have dropped in recent months and you can now pick one up for around $70. There are many accessories you can also purchase so I decided to go for a bike mount and then adapted it to fit a RAM mount.

The case itself is well made and after an hour of water ingress testing the phone was installed. The adaptation for the RAM mount was straight forward and the whole setup with case cost $160. The phone now sits nice and snug on the handle bars and does not impede visibility of the dials or controls.

First step was to remove the fitted mounting fixing supplied with the holder and drill two holes to take the RAM mount adapter. I also took the time to remove some of the ridges so that I could use some wide phillips headed bolts to save on having to use washers.

Lifeproof Phone Cases 2ab004c1-f303-42fa-8084-f5e0eab7c3b9_zpse27d025b

Next I increased the hole size in the RAM mount to take the metal threads for the bolts

Lifeproof Phone Cases IMG_0386_zps161aacf7
Lifeproof Phone Cases 56c0baaa-5668-44e1-ac38-cc2057f4d0a0_zpsa33115ce
Lifeproof Phone Cases IMG_0388_zpsb9c23188

And then it was straight forward to mount to the handlebars of the bike

Lifeproof Phone Cases IMG_2104_zpscdbb9583

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Lifeproof Phone Cases Empty Re: Lifeproof Phone Cases

Post  gus Wed 22 May 2013, 5:23 pm

Live wild ,put the phone away , you wont die .Very Happy .Well you will, but you will die happier without a phone imprint on your ear .Razz I can also guarantee that
mysterious hot woman (or man ) ISNT going to call you out of the blue .Sad Next your be taking it to dinner with you .NO,no Noooooooooooooooo.pale
Bloody mobiles .Mad
Razz:P:P
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Wed 22 May 2013, 6:06 pm

I agree with Gus. Theres a time and place for everything, and Apple/Google maps isnt living.
I figure that if someone wants to contact me badly enough, they can wait til i stop somewhere and perhaps, PERHAPS, ill get back to them. In the meanswhile, id rather not have anything else attached to the bars. Theres eough friggin shit on the bars as it is lol

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[Lifeproof Phone Cases Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 22 May 2013, 6:13 pm

It's easy to spot the Technophobes! lol!

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 22 May 2013, 6:30 pm

Re-cycled ,can I sell you a new phone plan ,i'm ringing from Melbourne .Mad

Remember in "the old days" when people had partys .No ,not a gay barbeque with 6 people .A real party ,sex, drugs and rock and roll type .
Carnt do that these days , bloody mobiles have spoilt a lot .
And no, I carnt text and proud of it .

Last edited by gus on Wed 22 May 2013, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 22 May 2013, 6:34 pm

I like stopping at information centres and using their toilets and talking to the people and picking up free maps of the area and getting accommodation info.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 22 May 2013, 6:41 pm

SATIN invented the mobile to fuck the world up . ,aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , I hate every thing .
Where are my happy pills .Razz
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  stevemcc Wed 22 May 2013, 6:59 pm

Ahh - it's not just a mount so he can use the mobile phone. Check out this post https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t3773-gopro-hero-3

It's so you can watch and control a camera while you ride.

Personally I reckon that would be a bloody big distraction - I cannot help but look at the "bloody" mobile at the best of times - especially if the thing was right on my handlebars!! affraid

Last edited by stevemcc on Wed 22 May 2013, 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
stevemcc
stevemcc

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Wed 22 May 2013, 6:59 pm

Yep, Satan has a lot to answer for...geek
I like my gadgets as well as anyone else (blame that on my father) but some days id just like to throw it all in the Murray with the fishes...
Does anyone else's teenager text, or call, them from the other end of the house, just to ask a mndless question?

Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 22 May 2013, 9:29 pm

ICQ Number:

AIM Address:

MSN Messenger:

Yahoo Messenger:

Facebook:

Twitter:

Pinterest
So, you're saying "What the feck is Ewok smoking". Folks the above is now what you get when you go into your own profile!!!! Looks very modern-techno to me. Perhaps I haven't visited since the earth turned upside down. pale
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Thu 23 May 2013, 9:12 am

stevemcc wrote:Ahh - it's not just a mount so he can use the mobile phone. Check out this post https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t3773-gopro-hero-3

It's so you can watch and control a camera while you ride.

Personally I reckon that would be a bloody big distraction - I cannot help but look at the "bloody" mobile at the best of times - especially if the thing was right on my handlebars!! affraid
If that is the case, then motorcyclists will be getting fined for mobile use as well, and so they should.

Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Thu 23 May 2013, 4:32 pm

Its not so I can answer phone calls I leave those well alone. It is however so that I can turn the camera on and off rather than trying to lean over the side of the bike. I also enjoy listening to a little music which links into the headset I have. Mobile phones are the devils own work hence a work phone and a personal phone. The screen turns off once I'm moving and I hardly ever look down at the instrument cluster yet alone the phone once I am moving. Even the GPS rarely gets looked at except in busy places when its telling me to turn right and I see 5 turns ahead of me and need to know which one to take. Not being a true native I need the gadgets from time to time to work out where I am, where I going to and then how to get home again.

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 23 May 2013, 5:41 pm

Excused then .Razz:P
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Thu 23 May 2013, 5:47 pm

gus wrote:Excused then .Razz:P

Thanks Gus Very Happy

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 23 May 2013, 5:49 pm

Mpottsy wrote:Its not so I can answer phone calls I leave those well alone. It is however so that I can turn the camera on and off rather than trying to lean over the side of the bike. I also enjoy listening to a little music which links into the headset I have. Mobile phones are the devils own work hence a work phone and a personal phone. The screen turns off once I'm moving and I hardly ever look down at the instrument cluster yet alone the phone once I am moving. Even the GPS rarely gets looked at except in busy places when its telling me to turn right and I see 5 turns ahead of me and need to know which one to take. Not being a true native I need the gadgets from time to time to work out where I am, where I going to and then how to get home again.
Totally agree with you Mark. After making my post saying I wouldn't use a gps (mainly because I don't need one) .. I have since succumbed to the action cam fever by buying a contour +2 last night, so I will be mounting a phone as well so I can turn it on or off, otherwise it'll take some dangerous acrobatics to use the thing. As you say, once it is setup the screen blanks out and your not looking at it.
Cool

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 23 May 2013, 9:03 pm

i have been using lifeproof since they came out and there bike mount as well, as i have a scala G4 my lifeproofed iP5 so it can go anywhere pockets, top box ,tank etc. But where it comes home to be very handy when mounted to the handlebars is SatNav, i recon its the best thing.
I have two sat nav packages on my iPhone 5 one is Sygic the standard old sat nav with that very handy voice that says your speeding and since ive been know to bend the limit a tad i find this very handy when Highway riding set for a 5 over and it will annoy the crap out of you to stop speeding and as i dont ride in the city much it great to get me through Sydney Canberra or Melbourne. the other is a plotter call Motion X last year when we did our oven ride i set up a heap of waypoints on the downloaded map and it was awesome, plus it plotted our trip and data like speed and stuff. Remember its only a distraction if i let be. its a very useful tool so i can concentrate on not getting splatted in traffic and i get to new place without having to pull up and get the map out scratch my head on where i am, finally if that all fails i ring some one for help.
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 23 May 2013, 9:06 pm

Baz wrote:
Mpottsy wrote:Its not so I can answer phone calls I leave those well alone. It is however so that I can turn the camera on and off rather than trying to lean over the side of the bike. I also enjoy listening to a little music which links into the headset I have. Mobile phones are the devils own work hence a work phone and a personal phone. The screen turns off once I'm moving and I hardly ever look down at the instrument cluster yet alone the phone once I am moving. Even the GPS rarely gets looked at except in busy places when its telling me to turn right and I see 5 turns ahead of me and need to know which one to take. Not being a true native I need the gadgets from time to time to work out where I am, where I going to and then how to get home again.
Totally agree with you Mark. After making my post saying I wouldn't use a gps (mainly because I don't need one) .. I have since succumbed to the action cam fever by buying a contour +2 last night, so I will be mounting a phone as well so I can turn it on or off, otherwise it'll take some dangerous acrobatics to use the thing. As you say, once it is setup the screen blanks out and your not looking at it.
Cool
\

the good thing about the Contour is that its a simple on off reach down switch off, wouldnt bother the app, id only use it to make sure the camera is facing the right direction
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 23 May 2013, 9:25 pm

Can we get back to the secret women's problem now Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content