Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases

4 posters

Go down

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases Empty Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases

Post  Mpottsy Tue 22 Jan 2013, 3:51 pm

Well as promised here is a brief write up of the new dual colour Admore lighting harness that I have installed in my V35 and E55 Givi cases.

Installation is very straight forward with excellent step by step instructions from admore.

First step was to install the V35 kit. Each pannier has 2 components the LED array and the Pannier connector. To Install the LED array it is a simple step of unscrewing 4 internal screws to release the outer shell casing to allow the removal of the lens. Next a small hole need to be drilled to allow the cable and 3 pin connector to pass into the internal compartment of the case. Next Slide the LED into the back of the lens and replace the whole assembly back onto the case passing the cable throught the hole.

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2026_zpsb6a7e87f

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2000_zps4f44546d

fitting the pannier onto the bike you can now work out the correct placement of the connector to join the case harness to the 'Y' harness that will be ftted to the bikes main wiring harness later.

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2001_zps1eca5721

connector that joins the two parts together is not that great so I used some heat shrink to secure the two together and stop them coming apart.

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2019_zps81745381

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2017_zpse965b209

Next it was time to install the E55 lights. The removal of the Lenses is a little more complicated but still fairly straight forward. Firstly you remove the Givi name plate. Then there are two further screws which release the reflector take care here as it is easy to snap the thin pointed end of the reflector lens. Once the reflector is free you now have to unscrew 4 more screws to separate the two parts of the lens. The Led array can now be carefully placed into the Holes of the lens, taking care not to damage the delicate cable which holds the array together. Once you are happy that all the LED's are firmly seated you can refit the backing of the lens which holds the LED's firmly in place. I needed to make a small modification to this backing plate cutting away the small fins as the plate would not sit flush.

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2021_zps618e288e

Drill out the two holes for the cable run so that the connectors can pass into the case. On the E55 it is a simple matter of drilling out the positions that are marked for the Givi brake light kit. pass the connector and cables through, i have used a small amount of tape to keep the cables away from any screws which might cause damage when re fitting the Front plate. Refit the reflectors in the reverse of how you removed them initially.

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2008_zpsc6098b92

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2007_zpsa7783725

I ran the internal harness along the lid of the E55 case and connected the LED arrays and Y harness behind the original brake light connector plate.

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2003_zps917c3bff

Work out the position of the 10mm hole so that the main harness connector can be positioned to the outside. The harness from the bike to the top box is quite long so i positioned my connector low down and in the middle of the top box

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2002_zpsc12e4c9d

To fit the main BIke harness you will need to pass the connectors under the rear brake light cluster. I loosened off the main screws holding the lens in place so that I could more easily move it to allow the connector to pass from inside the bike to the outside. This is a little fiddly and takes a little time. The microprocessors are to large to pass from the outside to inside. Work out where you will run the cables to connect to the V35 and E55 connectors and Cable tie in place. Now comes probably the easiest wiring installation i have ever done.

Work out which cables are which and simply use the connectors to wire the Admore lights to the bikes lighting circuit. The simplicity of the wiring is fantastic you need the 3 wires from the rear light cluster and the left and right indicator cables. If you are adding both top box and pannier lights you still only have to splice the wires in once. Both harnesses can be wired using just one connector on each of the bikes wiring harness.

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases IMG_2025_zpsfcd1a1ce

Here is a final video of the set up

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases Empty Re: Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases

Post  Sloth_27 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:27 pm

Good DIY write-up, but bloody hell that is a lot of lights haha.
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases Empty Re: Admore Lighting and Givi Hard cases

Post  paul Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:08 am

Good write-up mate ...................not much chance they won't see you now Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:29 am

That was the aim let them try and say they did not see me if the ever hit me!!!!!!

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 26 Jan 2013, 5:09 pm

I saw these lights in action on our recent night ride and the video doesn't do them justice, they look much better in the flesh. Very good setup Mark.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down