Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Newbie

+10
Baz
Chief
ausrock50
madmax
Ewok1958
2wheelsagain
Hammy
Boatz
paul
jstava
14 posters

Go down

Another Newbie Empty Another Newbie

Post  jstava Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:38 pm

I bought one today. Not much to say really. Second hand sort of thing, some good touring accessories fitted, low keys. Should be a good thing, if a bit ubiquitous, though that has some merit. Looking forward to some serious travel once the money moves.
jstava
jstava

Back to top Go down

Another Newbie Empty Re: Another Newbie

Post  paul Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:42 pm

welcome to the forum...............where are you from ? Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Tue 02 Apr 2013, 12:24 am

Rolling Eyes

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 02 Apr 2013, 6:35 am

Welcome aboard. What exactly did you buy ? And why are the "keys" down low ? Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 02 Apr 2013, 6:56 am

The high key ones are faster. Low keys usually mean they're on their side Laughing Razz

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 02 Apr 2013, 8:11 am

Welcome to the forum - 1200 or 1250?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 02 Apr 2013, 8:15 am

Welcome to the forum

I say you don't sound very excited about your new purchase! What did you buy?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  ausrock50 Tue 02 Apr 2013, 5:36 pm

Welcome to the forums mate. Even if you bring big words that dumb f*#ks like myself have trouble understanding. "ubiquitous" scratch Doesn't that mean you think its' kind of boring and unexciting and kinda average??? I'm too lazy to get out the dictionary. rabbit Each to there own and enjoy the forums.Very Happy
ausrock50
ausrock50

Back to top Go down

Post  Chief Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:10 pm

Welcome jstava.....
What did you buy??
Where are you based??
Obviously, I did'nt concentrate enough in school. "ubiquitous"???? study

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:53 pm

Ubiquitous - Everywhere. Common as Fords.

Well it's a K7 1250S.

It's been a long time coming. Had a ride of a 1250FA last Spring, and frankly, wasn't that impressed, overall. Oh the bike was fine, had 17,000 kays on it, otherwise stock. and the Suzi dealer, next door told me he could sell me a new one for under $2K more and that sealed it. No buy. So I waited for the summer to pass and just spotted this one on the side of the road. 2007 1250S.

This one:
Elderly (72) Ulyssian owner, heated grips, the nicer Givi panniers, Ventura rack and bag, Megacycle exhaust (of course the original was provided, like I'll use it, oh yeah), bar risers (probably 35 or 40 mm) taller screen, gear indicator - that's rather handy while I'm familiarizing myself with the thing, but I doubt its really of much use in the long run. Best of all it is pristine, with only 10,000 kays on the clock, new Michelins (4 kays, really) 12 months rego in the right state (NSW) with a current roadworthy, so I did the deal, collected the bike today, rode up to the registry to pay the stamp duty, and the rest of the afternoon just riding around. It was the most totally hassle free buy I've ever made. Buying bikes in border towns. I live in Tocumwal, NSW, and buying motorbikes interstate is always such a pain, but the nearest real dealers are in Shepparton, Vic, as are most of the close second hand bikes. Buy a bike in Vic and you've to to go through the rego on your own, factor in the price and bother, and it always seems a bit sad insofar as the final deal is concerned.

I'll need to fit some radiator protection. I live at the end of a gravel road. It's already taken some minor hits. I'll get a chain oiler for it. I've got a Scottoiler on my other bike and am convinced, but I think a Pro-oiler is probably a better proposition for the Bandit, even though it's a bit pricey. It just fits the spaces available better and has remote on-the-go adjustment (push the button) to increase or decrease the rate, better metering, and is not fussy about the oil used.

A decent everyday ride with the legs and the equipment to travel, It's very comfy. Makes a bit more noise than the stock 1250FA I rode last spring did, but is not noisy on the scale of things. The fueling seems fine. I've talked to the mechanic who did his last service, and fitted the tyres. All clear. He is someone I have known a long time and do lots of other business with.

This is my first liquid cooled bike. I will probably have it forever. I tend to keep bikes a very long time, if they are any good. This one looks like a keeper.

Anyway, I'm rapt. did the right thing. Pleased with the bike. "will be a game changer"

I'm one happy new owner, yes, excited by the purchase even,
jstava
jstava

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:08 pm

welcome to the forum
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  geekay007 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:41 am

Welcome aboard, your enthusiasm is infectious.

Last edited by geekay007 on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

TFi
Arrow full exhaust
Delkevic can
TRE set to 5th gear
Fork Brace
afro
geekay007
geekay007

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 10 Apr 2013, 6:37 pm

Welcome. I am running a Scottoiler and you are right it's a bit of a pain to fit. I find it a touch messy, but not a bad thing as it saves having to spray lube every second tank of juice. Has also freed up my chain which appeared to have some stiff links starting
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:38 pm

G'day, I rode past your way a couple of weeks ago, and sorry, but they aren't that common up around Swan Hill. If i ever see another, its usually just passing through.
Anyways, welcome, and I must say your second post should have been your first, these guys dont understand big words...Laughing

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[Another Newbie Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  mickd Thu 11 Apr 2013, 8:52 am

welcome to the forum mate,pic's or it didn't happen you know the rules Very Happy
mickd
mickd

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:06 am

It's easy to be enthusiastic. I'm having no problems finding an excuse for riding. I live 20 keys from a town with a decent hardware, 80 kays from a a "regional centre" and am finding that even just going up the street for simple things is good enough. Hours on the open road are not really what I need apart from getting fine throttle control down.

It's a return to a larger bike for me, so it's go a bit easy and spend lots of "little times" getting on and off, parking, u-turns sample the lights at night, lots of short rides, shopping, running errands, just to make it part of me. On and off the bike a dozen times a day, parking all different ways. It all has to happen.

I'm short, at 5'7" and my other bike has a quite a low seat height, but this is no different than the K2 Honda I had years ago, and effectively shorter, because of the well shaped seat. It is within 5 kg of the same weight, but 75 kg heavier than the other bike. It's also been 40 years since I rode the Honda 4. At 61, I'm starting to get all the usual waning flexibility stuff happening.

So I suppose some early impressions are in order.

The ergonometrics are SO much better Even with the same written down seat height, it is easier to. It's all in the seat shape. I'm not so impressed with modern bike designers' tendency to make the rear of the bike higher than the portion you sit on, as for getting the missus on the pillion. Ha Ha. Forget it, and the Bandit isn't all that bad as modern bikes go. It's a good excuse to leave her at home. A taller screen and bar risers has been fitted by the previous owner. This is the first bike with an actual screen I've owned, There is no buffetting, like I've heard of, but there is the tendency for the wind to screech through the helmet if i don't sit right up. A shorter screen would probably fix that. That's something I'll play with a bit - not urgent. The Radgard came and was fitted straight up. Ordered Thursday night on line, arrived Monday. That's quick. The Pro-Oiler will take longer - O/S order.

It's got oodles of power, but not hard to control or scary, though it is going to take a while to find the gear/throttle combination that works best to keep the eyes off the dial and on the road at standard legal speeds. I wasn't actually looking for a "crisis bike" but had ridden one, so was OK with it, and it was just a case of not passing up a bargain. I'd have been just as happy with a mid-sized bike, but to be honest, haven't seen one yet that would suit. Non-ABS brakes is not an issue for me. The brakes have reasonable, (but not great) feel.

The light seems strong enough but is adjusted a bit short. Easily fixed. I like the controls. Everything is right where they need to be.

Basically, after a week of riding daily, I'm pretty satisfied. Just a couple of little things to sort, and I'm set for a lengthy, happy relationship.

The bike came with luggage, so there was nothing to chase in that regard,

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down