Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suzuki Service When?

+3
madmax
2wheelsagain
quizguy
7 posters

Go down

Suzuki Service  When? Empty Suzuki Service When?

Post  quizguy Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:45 am

Not a big deal really but I bought my 2010 1250s with 1600ks on it .. it date of first purchase was sept 2011.. It only has 3200ks on it now..yeah yeah dont bother remarking that I dont ride it enough, I know. The thing is it is a year after purchase this september coming so they tell me I must get my 6000k service done or void the warranty before the year is up..what are your experiences with warranty serviceing? Just a question.. Question

quizguy

http://www.scorpioduo.com/   http://www.triviashow.net/

Back to top Go down

Suzuki Service  When? Empty Re: Suzuki Service When?

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

For the amount you ride I doubt you'll be calling on the warranty anyway but think of an oil and filter change as cheap insurance. Its been in the engine long enough and $50 for new blood is cheap. If you must get the dealer (any) to do it and keep the receipt.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:41 pm

To maintain the warranty you have to follow what the book says, that is 6000k or 12 months which ever comes first. If Suzuki want to get out of paying a huge warranty claim they can use this against you.
They could also choose to use modifications such as aftermarket exhaust systems/mufflers in the same way.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:38 pm

Who as actually used the Suzuki Warranty on their bikes?

I've had plenty of calls for it on my BMW, but there's something about the GSX that indicates to me I'm not going to need it. I've got 1 year to go and ive done 12k on it. Who has had warranty work done, and what was it for?

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:40 pm

NTBill wrote:Who as actually used the Suzuki Warranty on their bikes?
Me Smile

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

and it was for...?

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm

NTBill wrote:Who as actually used the Suzuki Warranty on their bikes?

I've had plenty of calls for it on my BMW, but there's something about the GSX that indicates to me I'm not going to need it. I've got 1 year to go and ive done 12k on it. Who has had warranty work done, and what was it for?

There's aways going to be someone who's going to be unlucky

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:06 pm

Grover has had a fuel pump replaced under warranty and others have had fuel pump issues. Gus posted an excellent thread on how to fix a clogged pump filter - I suspect a few Bandit pumps have been replaced under warranty that have suffered the clogging Gus found. It seems a poor design by Suzuki but there seems no consistency on which years or how many k's have been done before (or even if) the problem occurs. It may never occur. But the Bandit fuel pump issue has been raised by on other forums as well as this one.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:38 pm

Thanks Ewok. Every person I know in Darwin who owns a regularly serviced Beemer (about eight) have had significant warranty work done during the first 2 year period. Based on the F800 forums, it seems to include nearly ALL Beemer owners and would be a commonly posted thread on the F800 forums. For my part it included ABS, water pump seal, cam cover seal, radiator hoses (too short), Chain and sprockets (replaced)....Diesel in the fuel tank - oh that was me Embarassed (got to know the bike quite well that day)

I'm curious to know if similar with the Suzook product? I suspect a lot less. There seems to be comparatively little warranty issue posting on various forums etc (happy to be proven wrong).

I'm definitely not advocating skipping service schedules etc, I'm just curious to hear who had call for their warranty to be used (and for what) and who didn't.

I tried to get Suzuki to look into my surging probs soon after getting the bike (new from another dealer in QLD) , and they basically told me to take a hike - said its completely normal, and they wouldn't do the sync till 12000km service.

I ended up doing the TB balance and TPS myself and sorted that out anyway (thanks to this forum).

Fuel pump - While I haven't had the problem my self yet....the fuel pump issue could arguably be attributed more to fuel quality (local issues) causing the blockage to a pickup filter designed for countries with better fuel delivery standards rather than a failure of the pump itself (but thanks Gus for the fix anyway). Seems for those who have had the replacement, Suzuki simply rectify by replacing the whole pump rather than investigating the cause. If using same fuel, I'd assume same will occur. I assume most who have it done change their preferred servo. We've got some up here that riders avoid like the plague.

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 21 Jul 2012, 6:53 am

I never took my bike in for any services .Therefore my warranty was void in the first week . My reason were .
They charge for looking at things (i can do that )
They charge for checking tension of bolts . Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Mine were delivered not even finger tight .
The apprentice does it ,or doesn't .
This is my 5th Suzi and never had a claim .
I have faith in a Suzuki product .

Extended warranty Razz Razz Razz Razz The money they charge they could afford to replace the motor and still be ahead .
If something had gone wrong i could have replaced it (or paid for them to do it )and still been $$$$ ahead .

Mechanical inept people disregard all above comments .( maybe ) Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sat 21 Jul 2012, 8:59 am

I'm with you on that Gus, and I've often had my Beemer back from Warranty jobs with the chain tightened so fn tight it plays Middle C when you twang it. Once I picked it up from BMW and the big red warning light was flashing manically at me screaming do not ride this bike else you'll die. I told the service man, he told me its normal, its Just the pre ride light check sir. I told him so far Bluey and me had covered 50'000kms together and I had NEVER seen that light so angry. They wheeled it away and bought it out 1/2 hour later. Turns out they had put 75psi in both tyres. Another time they finger tightened the battery terminals. Found that out in the rain a long way from home. My gut feeling is the Bandits are far more sorted in the reliability department provided they're treated to the correct service requirement.

Agree, Do it right, do it yourself, else if mechanically challenged, be prepared to go over the bike with a fine toothed comb to check. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 21 Jul 2012, 10:00 am

NTBill wrote:and it was for...?
Mine was the burning cat converter issue. Replacement headers still did it. Gave up after that.
I would have had the starter replaced under warranty if it shit its self a bit sooner.
Overall they are reliable and QG shouldn't stress over his warranty.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 21 Jul 2012, 12:25 pm

if its any consolation, i clocked the 150000km mark this week,and have never had a major issue. the only prob with the gen 2 was and is dust in the headlight,which is a pain in the arse,and you have to pull it apart to clean it. i am due to do it again,and it has to be done about every 50000km, but you wont have that issue as having a different light
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down