Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluoro & Full Leathers

+17
b12mick
Buck
chips
herzog
Bhoffo
kewwig
Reardo
madmax
Hammy
gus
2wheelsagain
NTBill
reddog
paul
xpalan
mtbeerwah
Kaupy1962
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fluoro & Full Leathers Empty Fluoro & Full Leathers

Post  Kaupy1962 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 4:12 pm

I read in yesterdays paper, that a local Highway patrol cop wants us in full leathers all time when we are on the bike, and also fluoro jackets. He says that it will be law in 18 months. And I'm guessing it'll start a state to state thing. I just hope that when it happens, every biker will join up and ride against it because if we don't, we'll be stuck with it.

Last edited by Kaupy1962 on Tue 26 Jun 2012, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Fluoro & Full Leathers Empty Re: Fluoro & Full Leathers

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 22 Jun 2012, 5:50 pm

i haven`t heard this, can`t wait till summer comes in Australia!!
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  xpalan Fri 22 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

And will that mean cops on bikes will also do the same ? I think not
xpalan
xpalan

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 22 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

xpalan wrote:And will that mean cops on bikes will also do the same ? I think not

Short sleeve leathers ?................ I went out on a run with a mob in full leathers in summer & they lasted until 11 AM in the heat / safe if you come off , but heat exhaustion can also kill .

Last edited by paul on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

We don't need to legislate everything. Imagine seeing bikie gangs in Fluoro leathers haha. I have full leathers and wear them when of a spirited run, but normally it's a leather jacket and dragging jeans.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:56 pm

Some cops talk out there arses and make statements under section B. (bluff). Bike Cops in NT wear short sleeves khaki shirts and thin trousers. Apparently the bike cops can choose what they want to wear and there's no mandated PPE requirement providing they wear a helmet and a gun. I wouldn't stress about clothing being mandated, but I would stress about your local non Mobike riding road safety nazis in your respective guvmints deciding road tolls can be reduced by getting rid of riders and putting us all in cages. Most of these same RSNs ride push bikes. It's then worth quoting how dangerous pushies can be. Tends to shut them up pretty quickly when their own turf is threatened.

Riding with full mesh jackets with armor is fine in the tropics, we do it all the time. Only gets hot when stationary. I occasionally throw on a high viz if its a particularly snotty monsoonal downpour. Not many would wear leathers up here but I have a friend who does. He does get hot.

Most people I see wearing no gear are yet to feel the kiss of bitumen on bare skin i guess.
Bottom line tho is its personal choice and so it should be and that's worth arguing for.

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:14 pm

Although the TAC or other insurer's would love that it aint gonna happen.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:51 am

Nup.
I see more one piece leathers all the time .Lets face it ,they look cool even if they arnt .(pun)
Shorts, t-shirt and thongs look novice , i'll let the law makers use that line .Each to there own though .
I do get pissed off when i see a guy take his girlfriend pillion dressed in no protection .Chicks dig scars as the line goes ,but not on them selves.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 23 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

And all "cage" drivers will have to drive NAKED so that they will not get out of their car in fits of road rage. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 23 Jun 2012, 9:39 am

Hammy wrote:And all "cage" drivers will have to drive NAKED so that they will not get out of their car in fits of road rage. Very Happy

That could be scary, seeing some of the women around here affraid

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Sat 23 Jun 2012, 11:22 am

I think it's gonna be a nightmare to police. What about the cars that don't see each other. Are they gonna bring out legislation that says all cars must be fluoro colors? I think a publicly announced $5000 fine for every cage head that pulls out in front of a motorbike would make more sense, because it would make them look for us before the pull out.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 23 Jun 2012, 11:56 am

80% of the time I ride in shorts and T-shirt. It's culture thing I think AND YES, I have had a slide down the road in shorts and T-shirt, face down. 15years on and still not happy about it. coz it fucked my new shorts and shirt Laughing .

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

Every time there's a gear debate, I think of this girl:

http://www.rockthegear.org/index.php?/testimonials/view/brittany_morrow_the_roadrash_queen/

kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

Reardo wrote:80% of the time I ride in shorts and T-shirt. It's culture thing I think AND YES, I have had a slide down the road in shorts and T-shirt, face down. 15years on and still not happy about it. coz it fucked my new shorts and shirt Laughing .

My boy who is 24 rides in the same gear as you Reardo. Each to their own. The most important thing is that it's a personal choice and no one should be legislating or tut tutting others to make it a law. We each make our own risk assessment and I know my son is a much better rider than me at speed but on the other hand, i do 500kms a week on my bike and hes a weekend warrior so I choose a plan B to help keep some of my skin for if my brain goes to sleep. To be honest I can't stand the feel of not riding in an ATGATT state but Having said that, me and the misses rode a 50cc Scooter for a bit In Croatia last year, shorts, T and thongs, other side of the road etc etc. The sky didn't fall that day and we had a hoot albeit a tame hoot. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

kewwig wrote:Every time there's a gear debate, I think of this girl:

http://www.rockthegear.org/index.php?/testimonials/view/brittany_morrow_the_roadrash_queen/

Reads like the rider was a bit of a " lets impress the pillion " wanker as well .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

Impressed her all right. In fact, impressed her right into the road. What got me is that the crash ground one of her breasts off.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

Another not real pillion friendly move...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI7gk9GnGiQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

Sounds like a vicious rumour to me... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  herzog Sun 24 Jun 2012, 11:32 am

I'd like to see something that ensures all riders wear sealed footwear, long pants, gloves and a helmet. I've seen too many injuries caused by people wearing thongs and those not wearing shoes have mashed feet. Although long pants can't do much if you fall off, they certainly reduce pain and injury from debris from other vehicles. Gloves are a no brainer considering how many people need their hands for work. Not much good for more than 30 kmh, but at least they do something. Every time I see some guy taking a pretty young thing on the back of his bike wearing sandals, shorts and a "fashion" helmet I start to worry.

herzog

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:55 pm

anyone on the back should be concidered precious cargo
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:16 pm

herzog wrote:I'd like to see something that ensures all riders wear sealed footwear, long pants, gloves and a helmet. I've seen too many injuries caused by people wearing thongs and those not wearing shoes have mashed feet. Although long pants can't do much if you fall off, they certainly reduce pain and injury from debris from other vehicles. Gloves are a no brainer considering how many people need their hands for work. Not much good for more than 30 kmh, but at least they do something. Every time I see some guy taking a pretty young thing on the back of his bike wearing sandals, shorts and a "fashion" helmet I start to worry.

Also agree as it everyone as a collective (taxpayers) that have to cover the cost of expensive medical bills for those not wearing the right safety gear. Full leathers however is a bit over the top....

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:15 am

chips wrote:
herzog wrote:I'd like to see something that ensures all riders wear sealed footwear, long pants, gloves and a helmet. I've seen too many injuries caused by people wearing thongs and those not wearing shoes have mashed feet. Although long pants can't do much if you fall off, they certainly reduce pain and injury from debris from other vehicles. Gloves are a no brainer considering how many people need their hands for work. Not much good for more than 30 kmh, but at least they do something. Every time I see some guy taking a pretty young thing on the back of his bike wearing sandals, shorts and a "fashion" helmet I start to worry.

Also agree as it everyone as a collective (taxpayers) that have to cover the cost of expensive medical bills for those not wearing the right safety gear. Full leathers however is a bit over the top....

Especially on those 45 degree summer days. I rode to Adelaide once with a mate. We stopped at Bordertown for fuel and a leak. It was 49 degrees. The bike was sinking in the asphalt. The servo guy said "This is not bad, its 55 in Mildura". I reckon with full leathers we probably wouldn't have made it that far without passing out and crashing.

Last edited by Kaupy1962 on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Mon 25 Jun 2012, 10:16 am

mtbeerwah wrote:anyone on the back should be concidered precious cargo

or another inmate that loves your aftershave. Very Happy

Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Mon 25 Jun 2012, 10:32 am

I wear two piece leather and back protector. If its hot I take a umbrella and ride slower.
Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 25 Jun 2012, 11:25 am

I think that if they tried to legislate full leathers as a minimum then companies like DriRider, Draggin Jeans etel may have something to say about it.

Interestingly my son was telling me that on most Army bases these days they mandate helmet (obviously), gloves, enclosed footware that covers the ankle, long pants and long sleeved shirt. Mind you dress of the day is cams, so they are wearing it minimum anyway.

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next