Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMC Moving Sale

5 posters

Go down

CMC Moving Sale Empty CMC Moving Sale

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 31 May 2012, 7:00 pm

Got an email today from Canberra Motorcycle Centre (Mitchell store) saying they were shutting down and consolidating their operation in the Fyshwick stores. Here's the text:

Canberra Motorcycle Centre is relocating its Mitchell operation to the new Superstore in Fyshwick! This exciting opportunity brings everything under one roof which means our customers will now have Australia’s Biggest and Best bike showroom in their own back yard. This massive sales event will take place this June, so stay tuned for updates!

The “Japanese” showroom will house Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki as well as ALL road bike accessories. The “Euro” showroom will house Ducati, KTM, Husaberg and Spyder along with our large range of premium used stock.

We will be creating a NEW Dirt Bike store in the Euro showroom which will also feature a casual lifestyle store.

All servicing will be done at our state of the art service department in Fyshwick, staffed by the best in the business. Our highly trained and awarded service staff are experienced in all makes and models.

Take advantage of the relocation sale during June at Mitchell where EVERYTHING will be on sale, especially ALL Yamaha bikes, parts and accessories, they will be drastically reduced in order to clear!!! Once we have sold out that will be it as we will NO longer be an agent for Yamaha in Canberra!!

We are all very excited about this initiative and look forward to providing you with the best possible experience when dealing with anything motorcycle related!

Thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you in store soon.

If I get any others showing prices, I'll post them up.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

CMC Moving Sale Empty Re: CMC Moving Sale

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 31 May 2012, 8:02 pm

I wonder what the deal is with Yamaha?
You putting down some cash Dave?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 31 May 2012, 8:12 pm

Sadly not 2WA - but I do keep finding some pretty good-looking bargains on Bikepoint. ie, you could expect to pick this up for about $10,500 - 20,000kms - a lot of touring bike for that sort of money:

CMC Moving Sale Bd509210

http://www.bikepoint.com.au/all-bikes/dealer/details.aspx?R=12153344&ref=Item&Nne=&N=&Ns=

If only I'd gotten that redundancy I'd have a few spare readies! Maybe CMC will have some bargains on clothing - although why they wouldn't just move that to the other store would be a question.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 31 May 2012, 8:14 pm

That sounds super cheap mate. If its legit it would be a great buy for someone. Personally I prefer the ZX14 to the GT

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 31 May 2012, 8:24 pm

Yeah - I sent an email around work on that one (one of the guys has ZX14) and it created quite a debate. It seemed to come down to whether you want your pillion to wake up when you overtake!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:33 am

So they've finally got their collective arse into gear. Pity, I prefer the Mitchell store, easier to get in and out of. The Fyshwick store is poorly located, too much traffic and fyshwick traffic is special. Or is that just the drivers? I wonder if they'll now have 2 fully qualified mechanics Shocked
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  phill north Fri 01 Jun 2012, 4:08 pm

Four40 wrote:So they've finally got their collective arse into gear. Pity, I prefer the Mitchell store, easier to get in and out of. The Fyshwick store is poorly located, too much traffic and fyshwick traffic is special. Or is that just the drivers? I wonder if they'll now have 2 fully qualified mechanics Shocked

I don't think Ivé ever seen "traffic" in Canberra. The Canberra "rush hour" only lasts for about 15 mins. I like Canberra. Every time I'm there I feel as though I've gone back in time to 1975 and I'm in another world thats not affected by the ebb and flow of a real economy. The only thing I don't like are the overpriced restraunts in the city.

Last edited by phill north on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
phill north
phill north

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 01 Jun 2012, 5:02 pm

phill north wrote:
Four40 wrote:So they've finally got their collective arse into gear. Pity, I prefer the Mitchell store, easier to get in and out of. The Fyshwick store is poorly located, too much traffic and fyshwick traffic is special. Or is that just the drivers? I wonder if they'll now have 2 fully qualified mechanics Shocked

I don't think Ivé ever seen "traffic" in Canberra. The Canberra "rush hour" only lasts for about 15 mins. I like Canberra. Every time I'm there I feel as though I've gone back in time to 1975 and I'm in another world thats not affected by the ebb and flow of real a real economy. The only thing I don't like are the overpriced restraunts in the city.

I've been to Canberra a couple of times but it appeared to be closed. Razz

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 6:32 pm

The 'two qualified mechanics' is the bit I'm worried about - I'll bet there were techos laid off, not bloody salesman.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down